lori2106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lori2106
menuandresume wrote:Mt. Rushmore is in Montana huh?

DUUUUHHHHHH It's not in Montana, It's screaming it down to South Dakota and SD is saying "HEY!" because Montana is full of liars. HELLLO!

lori2106

6mtgs wrote:Mt. Rushmore is not in Montana--Bison are. I think those states got reversed!

It's not in North Dakota either!!!

amyv1066

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyv1066

Wow! Lot of noses bent out of joint here today. A lot of people seem to be taking this a tad too personally...

lori2106

fiockthis wrote:U.S. of E? Can someone explain this to me?

EVERYTHING

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme

I like that my state (Tennessee) is unique with whistling & no words. With Nashville's country music and Memphis' blues it was a good choice.

jolthammer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jolthammer
amyv1066 wrote:Wow! Lot of noses bent out of joint here today. A lot of people seem to be taking this a tad too personally...

Agree ... you could complain about every single state if you want. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Overall, I find it rather funny. When I think of Montana, I picture this giant state with 3 electoral votes.

jensilber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensilber
emilyb0902 wrote:Well, Ohio's State flag is not the standard rectangle shape that most States have.

It's called a burgee, for the record.

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
menuandresume wrote:Yup. There is nothing notable in Montana. Now go tell your friends.

Note the lack of Montana wooters for this shirt. There's something that's not in Montana: this shirt.

I'm not from the state, but I live here. If Colorado gets "a river" then Montana should get "the river"...you know, from that really famous movie about flyfishing and a river?

Sure I'm being sensitive, but I won't buy the shirt because of what I see as errors. If it is vacation slogans, then someone should have visited the pages for each state.

As for the Oklahoma people, perhaps someone got the Cornhuskers from Nebraska confused with the Shocker mascost from OSU?

I do like the Portlandia reference for Oregon.

coryt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coryt

so much fail in these comments...

sailorgurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailorgurl

I'm really disappointed in this shirt. Every single state has something they are known for, and most of these are just flat out wrong. Especially for Rhode Island. Really? Whomever desgined this shirt coldn't be bothered to pick something real and decided to cop out and go with Griffins? Being from RI myself, here are a few suggestions:
1. Mansions
2. Sailboats
3. Cliffwalk
4. RISD
5. Islands (we only have about 30 of them)
6. Kennedy Family
7. Stuffies
8. Clam cakes
9. Coffee milk (better than chocolate milk)
10. Alex and Ani (locally grown jewellry company!)

Please, in the future, try to be fair to even the smallest of states. Lastly, I can't help but notice that it appears the no one in RI has bought this shirt based on your demographic map. There's a reason for that.

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

You can tell the designer here started running out of ideas, but this kind of thing is pretty hard to do really, there genuinely are a bunch of states without any cities or landmarks of major national significance.

As for the write-up, wow, Woot is getting political? I suppose it's meant in jest, since that's what the write-ups are for, but there are a lot of people of the conservative/libertarian persuasion that are thinking along similar lines. I mean, nobody's for breaking up the union, but the federal government does a lot of things, and it does them poorly, that would be better off in the full control of state and local governments or the private sector. The federal government is only supposed to be there for a handful of duties, really.

allibear612

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allibear612

I *almost* like this shirt but it's a bit west coast-centric. How do the 7 states in the northeast consist of nothing but pizza, fall colors, griffins, oak, and beans but California has "everything?" Pretty sure NY & IL is more than just pizza - which I would be okay with if not for California taking all the credit. That's BS - both NY & IL have awesome cities AND awesome rural areas. Not sure about IL, but I know NY has vineyards, too (obviously not as good as Cali).

I also think it would have been wittier if one of the states that does wheat or other crops, like Oklahoma or something, told everybody to shut up about the corn so that Louisiana could have a chance to actually say something about itself because it's a pretty fascinating state.

proptart27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages proptart27
macbean wrote:I know! I took the train from NY to WA and the best part of the trip was Montana. Most gorgeous display of nature I've ever seen.

Gotta say, as a NYer, NJ complaining is my favorite part of this shirt. X)

As a NJer, Jersey complaining is accurate.

proptart27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages proptart27

Maine should have been "Lobstah"

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
jocar626 wrote:Ok. Im from Montana...I have never to been to Mount Rushmore (south dakota).... I cant say im surprised, but honestly you couldn't find anything? Actually nevermind......on behalf of all Montanans: There is nothing here for you, so stay out. Thank you, Montanans

Gladly. I drove through Montana once. I got a $20 speeding ticket for doing 81 in a 75. I'm sorry, I got a $20 speeding ticket for having out of state license plates :P.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

coldzro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldzro

HOW are there so many people who don't get the Montana/Mt. Rushmore thing?! It's so obviously a joke! RIGHT beside it, South Dakota says, "Hey!" as in... "Hey, what are you doing, Montana?! Mt. Rushmore is mine!"

WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE EXPLAINED?! IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Come on, people! The whole design is full of humor! I guess, these days, without sex jokes nobody knows they're supposed to laugh! Good grief.

I think it's a great design, and it made me laugh... but of course, I have a sense of humor.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

You do realize this shirt is supposed to be funny, not an accurate description of tourist attractions right?

sailorgurl wrote:I'm really disappointed in this shirt. Every single state has something they are known for, and most of these are just flat out wrong. Especially for Rhode Island. Really? Whomever desgined this shirt coldn't be bothered to pick something real and decided to cop out and go with Griffins? Being from RI myself, here are a few suggestions:
1. Mansions
2. Sailboats
3. Cliffwalk
4. RISD
5. Islands (we only have about 30 of them)
6. Kennedy Family
7. Stuffies
8. Clam cakes
9. Coffee milk (better than chocolate milk)
10. Alex and Ani (locally grown jewellry company!)

Please, in the future, try to be fair to even the smallest of states. Lastly, I can't help but notice that it appears the no one in RI has bought this shirt based on your demographic map. There's a reason for that.

smloose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smloose

Thank you...I lived in Montana 35 years of my life and I had yet to find Mt Rushmore.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

As someone without a horse in this race, let me just throw a congrats out there.

Congrats on the cool shirt, Apelad! I look forward to being outraged by the sequel instead. :^)

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
GinMan69 wrote:Pretty obvious the creator of this shirt lives on the left coast and knows nothing about the flyover states. California should've said perfect weather, but mismanaged and broke. EVERYONE KNOWS that TEXAS has everything, but nobody can move here because they are will upside down on their homes ;)

Actually, the weather's only perfect on the coasts, we're not broke anymore AND we're the largest agricultural state in the union AND we have the most diverse geography.
Plus everything that's important was either invented, perfected or grown here and in larger numbers than anywhere else.

jhartmus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jhartmus

There's more than corn in Indiana! Really, it's true. A singing crow say so every summer in the commercials for Indiana Beach....

indybeldar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indybeldar

This shirt could have been so much better. The vast state of Montana has so little that it has to steal from its neighbor? And other commenters are right, there's no corn in Oklahoma. In fact there's really nothing to "see" in Oklahoma (been there several times) except maybe the Runestones. Better caption would have been "Bingo!" for all the Indian gaming.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad

No corn in Oklahoma?! RODGERS AND HAMMERSTEIN LIED TO ME! I was led to believe it's as high as an elephants's eye there! Next you'll tell me they don't have elephants either.

zopster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zopster

Caught this mistake right away. Obviously geography research was lacking in this design!!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
zopster wrote:Caught this mistake right away. Obviously geography research was lacking in this design!!

Actually, it's your observational skills that are lacking.

edit: Before the joke completely flies over your head a second time, allow me to spoon feed it. Look at the speech bubble coming from S. Dakota.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

annacantonini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annacantonini

Put a bird on it!

(clearly the best reference on the map)

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy
gravityisweak wrote:Rhode Island is saying "Griffins" Methinks that is a Family Guy reference.

So THAT'S what Griffins it's talking about. I was about to go on a search around my house for mythical beasts.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

BelyndaG

quality posts: 20 Private Messages BelyndaG
vetmari wrote:I'm from Louisiana and am disappointed all the state is doing is complaining about the corn repetition. There's actually a good bit to see (and eat) back home!

Absolutely! Why not Crawfish, or Mardi Gras, or any number of other fun (and funny!) things? And mud for Mississippi? Not even correct.

As allibear612 wrote, Louisiana is a pretty fascinating place. So is Mississippi (which can also lay claim to cotton).

OK, sorry for complaining. It is an interesting design and really cute. I see that most other people feel the need to defend their home turf, as well, so at least I'm not alone.

Hitaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hitaka

Land of Splendor and Corn... huh, I wonder if that's intended as a Homestuck reference?

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

I love how Idaho references the movie that made it famous - Napoleon Dynamite!

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962

Mt Rushmore is not in Montana!

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

shanesny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanesny

On behalf of Minnesota... thank you for not saying "snow".

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962
lori2106 wrote:DUUUUHHHHHH It's not in Montana, It's screaming it down to South Dakota and SD is saying "HEY!" because Montana is full of liars. HELLLO!

Hello! You have a big mouth!:D People from Montana are not liars...don't throw us all in the same bucket as the Curlys from YOUR village!

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

orangello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangello
BelyndaG wrote:Absolutely! Why not Crawfish, or Mardi Gras, or any number of other fun (and funny!) things? And mud for Mississippi? Not even correct.

As allibear612 wrote, Louisiana is a pretty fascinating place. So is Mississippi (which can also lay claim to cotton).

OK, sorry for complaining. It is an interesting design and really cute. I see that most other people feel the need to defend their home turf, as well, so at least I'm not alone.

LOL! I am from and currently living in Southern Mississippi again. I whole-heartedly support Mississippi being known for MUD, as in the "Mississippi Mud Cake/Pie http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mississippi-mud-cake-10000000642287/ or our lovely array of swamps, ponds, and that RIVER with their varieties of MUD. Then again, there is the song "Mississippi Mud" popularized by entities from Bing Crosby to the Muppets.

shroud2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shroud2
meh3884 wrote:Gladly. I drove through Montana once. I got a $20 speeding ticket for doing 81 in a 75. I'm sorry, I got a $20 speeding ticket for having out of state license plates :P.

Sounds more like you got a ticket for speeding. 81 > 75

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07
JethroOp369 wrote:I think the point is that Montana has a lack of specific notable things...so it steals South Dakotas popular place, which is why he is freaking out.

Seriously, Montana has Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks...Yogi the bear joke would have been appropriate maybe. Needless to say, Montana does have notable things. Hello, Yellowstone National Park is pretty much a giant super volcano!

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder
JethroOp369 wrote:I felt bad saying that...I guess it is big sky country! Beautiful state all and all.

How about Glacier National Park and the Going to the Sun Road? Geez people.

invok3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invok3r

For a moment I thought the shirt artist was trying to make a pun... as South Dakota is one of the leading (if not the leader) growers of hay. So if the SD state would have said 'Hay' as in known for growing hay... as well as subjectively saying [hey] to Montana for trying to steal Mt. Rushmore...

Montana should have said 'Yellowstone' and Wyoming saying 'Hey' as the park is technically in Wyoming but 3 of the 5 entrances to Yellowstone are in Montana (I believe)

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder
jmhatfield07 wrote:Seriously, Montana has Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks...Yogi the bear joke would have been appropriate maybe. Needless to say, Montana does have notable things. Hello, Yellowstone National Park is pretty much a giant super volcano!

Um, no. Yellowstone is in three states: Montana, Idaho, and wyoming (which has the majority of the park).

100indecisions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 100indecisions

Oh man, I almost want to buy this just for Alaska's sad little "Please note I am not to scale". My poor state.