meh3884

quality posts: 24 Private Messages meh3884
shroud2 wrote:Sounds more like you got a ticket for speeding. 81 > 75

Ahaha....man how did I miss that, man you're good. Yeah.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07
midnightnerfherder wrote:Um, no. Yellowstone is in three states: Montana, Idaho, and wyoming (which has the majority of the park).

Doesn't really disqualify my statement. Yellowstone is indeed in Montana. Yes I realize it's in other states but I always go in the Montana part. :P I was just trying to say there is stuff in Montana and guess what Yellowstone is indeed there. It's like saying the Rockies aren't in Colorado just because they're in other states too...

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
jmhatfield07 wrote:Doesn't really disqualify my statement. Yellowstone is indeed in Montana. Yes I realize it's in other states but I always go in the Montana part. :P I was just trying to say there is stuff in Montana and guess what Yellowstone is indeed there.

I think it would have been funnier, and more appropriate if MT said "Yellowstone" and Wyoming say "Hey!" because well, the majority of the park (including the parts people picture) are in Wyoming. Of course, Wyoming has a better park (Tetons).

And seriously, Wyoming might have oil, but I think that would have been much better placed in North Dakota. Ya know, where the Bakken oil field is taking off? So Bison could have move to Montana, SD would be happy, Oil from WY to ND, and then well, then you'd have the wooters from Montana less pissed off and more apt to open their wallets.

Seriously...Louisiana didn't have any cajun reference? Or even a snarky gulf oil spill reference? I mean a snarky "Oil!" would definitely be appropriate (if in poor taste) there. better than corn.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
kiriska wrote:Never has a more accurate description of Georgia been had. There is a Peachtree for ever street suffix you can think of in downtown Atlanta alone. Peachtree Street? Check. Peachtree Avenue? Peachtree Drive? Peachtree Circle? Peachtree Court? Peachtree Road? Check, check, check, check, check. Meet me on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree? WHICH ONE??

Meet me over on Peachtree Blvd

dakotamouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakotamouse

Bison for North Dakota? Well we have that but much more oil. Often times we get confused with S.D.People think that we have Mt. Rushmore.It would have been better to have shared that joke between we two states.

mkapushion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkapushion
vcrowley wrote:On behalf of Colorado... A river?? Really? That's all we get?

Other than that little bit of ?? - super fun shirt.

It makes no sense. Not even sure what river it's supposed to be referring to.

scorpyx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scorpyx

It took me a minute to get the Office reference.

I love how sad Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma are about having corn. And I've lived in all four of them.

dfaris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dfaris
coldzro wrote:it made me laugh... but of course, I have a sense of humor.

Clearly.

colegrove713

mkapushion wrote:It makes no sense. Not even sure what river it's supposed to be referring to.

Should have had a reference to 420 or something instead. I was guessing the Colorado River?

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder

Definitely a funny shirt. I've lived in a lot of these states on both coasts, so I have no particular allegiance to any. But I love the fact that people are defending their states, or pointing out particularly funny bits for their state. I thought American pride was gone - I guess it's just more localized now.

solitus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solitus
JethroOp369 wrote:I think the point is that Montana has a lack of specific notable things...so it steals South Dakotas popular place, which is why he is freaking out.

Because Glacier National Park isn't notable -_-

barbboy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages barbboy
mkapushion wrote:It makes no sense. Not even sure what river it's supposed to be referring to.

Really? You've never heard of the Colorado River???

roy1138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roy1138
vetmari wrote:I'm from Louisiana and am disappointed all the state is doing is complaining about the corn repetition. There's actually a good bit to see (and eat) back home!

You forgot to mention, we also grow corn here. I agree with the wooter who said this shirt was Obviously made by a west-coaster completely ignorant of the "fly over states".

safyrejet

quality posts: 109 Private Messages safyrejet

I find the t-shirt highly amusing and made even more funny because of all the comments here. Oy vey.

But I'll have to pass on purchasing, female chest and t-shirts that need to be stared at and all that. Makes me uncomfortable.

zekk109

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zekk109

What the heck? As a proud Kansas citizen, we grow freaking WHEAT. There's a reason we're the FREAKING BREADBASKET OF THE US!!! We grow little, if any corn!!!!

20 bucks says a city-slicker made this one. Go sit by yourself in your little city house, while we grow your food for you.

colegrove713

zekk109 wrote:What the heck? As a proud Kansas citizen, we grow freaking WHEAT. There's a reason we're the FREAKING BREADBASKET OF THE US!!!

Thanks Kansas for contributing. You're right...wheat is what the state is known for. That and the geographical center of the contiguous US.

rhinthell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhinthell
jallen52 wrote:No one in the USA has ever heard of Glacier National Park. So sad. So seriously sad.

I was thinking the same thing! Well I'm getting married there in a year and forcing a bunch of relatives to go to this park they've never heard of.

colegrove713

rhinthell wrote:I was thinking the same thing! Well I'm getting married there in a year and forcing a bunch of relatives to go to this park they've never heard of.

While I would like people to know about it, it would be nice if less would visit when I'm there.

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter

Corn is accurate for Indiana, would've been also cool to see it say "VROOOM!" - you know, Indy 500, racing capital of the world and all that jazz.

But corn's good. Corn is always interesting.

kargen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kargen
vcrowley wrote:On behalf of Colorado... A river?? Really? That's all we get?

Other than that little bit of ?? - super fun shirt.

Could be worse, they could have given us oysters. Rocky Mountain style of course.

kargen

superpope wrote:Yeah, I was gonna say that. I've lived in Oklahoma for 33 years and have never seen a corn field here.

Red dirt maybe?

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
molecularchristine wrote:Hey now, Kansas is a wheat state.

I was thinking the same thing! It's nothing but wheat as far as the eye can see, here

kargen

midnightnerfherder wrote:Um, no. Yellowstone is in three states: Montana, Idaho, and wyoming (which has the majority of the park).

Technically being a national park it isn't a part of any state. Not sure about now but long ago college aged types of people would try and get jobs there for a year, that way no matter what college they applied to they could get instate tuition.

colegrove713

kargen wrote:Could be worse, they could have given us oysters. Rocky Mountain style of course.

There you go stealing another Montana thing. The Testicle Festival is held in Clinton, MT every summer. :-P

hoovusmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoovusmc

Seriously, Kentucky is saying Bats?! Should've been horses!

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter
hoovusmc wrote:Seriously, Kentucky is saying Bats?! Should've been horses!

Bourbon.

psac42

quality posts: 5 Private Messages psac42

As a NY-er, I saw Illinois had pizza, and I was like, C'mon, yeah, the whole deep dish thing, but really? It's not real pizza. Then saw NY had... pizza. You know that's right!

This shirt is a whole lot of win.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

I guess for Nevada its good that you went with "Slots" leading to Idaho's (tater) "Tots". The alternative would have been to go for Idaho's "Potatoes" leading to Nevada's "Hos".

Still funny but "Tots" is cute.

And yes, Nevada does have legalized prostitution in some counties...but of course so does all of Canada (and Australia, and most of Europe...).

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
kargen wrote:Technically being a national park it isn't a part of any state. Not sure about now but long ago college aged types of people would try and get jobs there for a year, that way no matter what college they applied to they could get instate tuition.

National Parks are still part of their respective states.

rpstrong

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rpstrong
greytam wrote:Those reams of paper are SO HARD TO OPEN! It's like they're wrapped in some kind of super strong cellophane.

Try gripping the ream firmly by the two bottom corners, and then swing them down briskly into your knee, which is rising so as to connect with the lower center of the ream. I haven't tried it with plastic, but it does a great job on paper wraps.

And it's fun.

icosplay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages icosplay
brocktoon13 wrote:I like that they didn't take the easy road with Kentucky and use horses.

With all its caves Kentucky is home to at least three endangered species of bats.

I took it for Louisville Slugger bats - but that is only 1 city. If they didn't want horses on there should have been caves or chicken(KFC). Kentucky does have the longest known cave system in the world.

jayemmpee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayemmpee

CA has everything, but TX only has cows. Eff you, shirt.

wildrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildrider
proptart27 wrote:Maine should have been "Lobstah"

That's the first thing I thought when I looked at Maine!

wildrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildrider

That would be the Colorado River, which flows out of Colorado and down to separate Arizona from Nevada and California, as well as cutting the Grand Canyon along the way.

wakeupandsmelltheplasma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wakeupandsmelltheplasma

Hey! Montana is wheat and one of the most beautiful state parks in the country. I'm from Oregon and I HATE Portlandia... Also there is a pub on every street corner in Wisconsin, sometimes two or three, and there county roads or something are letters instead of numbers. Also, any of those states that grow corn also grow mud, the kind of mud that permanently sticks to whatever is on your feet.

wakeupandsmelltheplasma

jmhatfield07 wrote:Doesn't really disqualify my statement. Yellowstone is indeed in Montana. Yes I realize it's in other states but I always go in the Montana part. :P I was just trying to say there is stuff in Montana and guess what Yellowstone is indeed there. It's like saying the Rockies aren't in Colorado just because they're in other states too...

Montana also has Glacier!

wakeupandsmelltheplasma

shanesny wrote:On behalf of Minnesota... thank you for not saying "snow".

It would have been a lot funnier... Snow in May... Come on...

colegrove713

wakeupandsmelltheplasma wrote:It would have been a lot funnier... Snow in May... Come on...

In defense of Minnesota, it snowed in Arkansas in May...

sjc3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc3d
macbean wrote:I know! I took the train from NY to WA and the best part of the trip was Montana. Most gorgeous display of nature I've ever seen.

Me too. Beautiful. I then took the train back to GNP to meet my family who were driving out from NY.

GNP exists because the Great Northern built the lodge as a way to drum up passenger business, and lobbied Congress for the designation. Go now, while there are still glaicers to see!

sjc3d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc3d

The inimitable Heywood Banks was on this one a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I