skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

This equation still has a better conclusion than Twilight Princess.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

Yay fishbiscuit!

Nothing follows.

lkfisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lkfisc

You are definitely special! ;-)

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

buhhhhhhh the math error

I would prefer a Time Cube shirt

silbem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silbem
adamantypants wrote:Can't bring myself to buy it based purely on mathematical principle. 3ma would be more accurate.

Exactly what I was thinking. Tri indicates 3 of something, not something cubed.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

New w00ters can't triforce.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper

What's nu?

Frequency!

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
wrek wrote:Really North Dakota? REALLY?

Do you mean Wyoming?

Perhaps afraid of the ramifications of such an egregious math error.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

Welp, Link didn't get the Triforce of Math. This shirt needs Navi saying "Hey Listen" with the correct equation.

(>.<)\m/

hojko1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hojko1

It could have just said 3(F)

crzytlk63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzytlk63

When reading the shirt I think: "Force cube(d) equals Triforce."

feldybikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feldybikes

Put me in the camp of this being the cubed force and not the tri force. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that several nerds* comments on this before me.

*not intended as an insult

smohyee wrote:...(ma)^3 suggests each force has a multiplicative (or exponential) effect when combined...

multiplicative is not exponential

x^n is not equal to n^x

just spreading the math love

danomix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danomix

Nerds are so amusing,

mraceeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mraceeb

As a math and science teacher, who also grew up on Zelda, my extreme excitement was also shattered as I noticed it was exponential and not multiplication. I know it's nitpicky, but I would totally have purchased if it was 3(ma). Still a cool looking shirt though. If only...

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate
mraceeb wrote:As a math and science teacher, who also grew up on Zelda, my extreme excitement was also shattered as I noticed it was exponential and not multiplication. I know it's nitpicky, but I would totally have purchased if it was 3(ma). Still a cool looking shirt though. If only...

Agreed. The (Ma)^3 makes me want to Hyurle.

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

The shirt can be fixed by drawing in a multiplier and cube-root.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

Degree in physics? Check
Played Zelda? No

Turns out I'm only half geeky enough for this t-shirt.

(leaving aside the whole argument for 3ma vs (ma)^3)

theyatemypig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theyatemypig

I'm sure I'm not the first to point out the fact that Link is apparently questing after the Cubeforce now.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

To address the math problem, I had it written out 3(ma) at first, but everyone I showed it to didn't get the joke until I changed the format of the problem, hence the title of this design, "Forced Math." It's kind of the joke and makes it extra special. A little artistic liberties are needed now and then. ;) Thanks to everyone who's buying one! You guys rock!

hockeyham

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyham

I bought the Darth Vader version of this style shirt (Force Equation) last year and was getting rather annoyed at the # of people who kept asking me what it meant, so I don't wear it much except around the house or underneath another shirt.

I understood the meaning immediately (and I'm not much into equations) but the people that asked me about it should have known it's meaning. I was at a Comic-con and people didn't get it. I'm seeing this shirt and I get the feeling the same thing will happen to others who pick it up.

Me.

enigmastrat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enigmastrat

I think we're all missing the point. This shirt provides a new universal algorithm:

(ma)^3 = (F^F)F

Using our already known algorithm of F=ma, we can substitute:

(F)^3 = F(F^F)

Now cancel out an F on each side:

F^2 = F^F

Now, we can use the magic of natural log to get:

ln(F^2) = ln(F^F)
2*ln(F) = F*ln(F)

Finally, cancel out the ln(F) on each side, and we get the universal truth the Zelda franchise has been attempting to tell us this whole time:

F = 2

Everything you know about everything has just been broken. F equals 2... period.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
enigmastrat wrote:stuff

you should design shirts

NewYork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NewYork
enigmastrat wrote:
(ma)^3 = (F^F)F

F to the F power? You blew it right there ... that's what makes F=2 the only solution.

New York NY

davebaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davebaer

Change the design to 3 triangles labelled: Fx, Fy, Fz, as tips on perpendicular vectors.

Tri-force by decomposition

Boom.

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82

Ha, looks like everyone else already noticed the problem I had with this. The other engineers at work would constantly be correcting my shirtquation.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

Ok, I would like to see the next Zelda shirt to be with Link with chalk in his hands, attempting to figure out the equation of the tri-force.
There would be many crossed out equations, for the struggling Link.

Then, another shirt for Gannondwarf, and the product being world dominance. Then one for Zelda, the product being a lazy princess.
But on a completly different idea, have Link speechless, as Zelda is holding what he thought was his baby, turning out to be Gannondwarfs child.
Yes, more Hyurle shirts, we must have.

angel0fire0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angel0fire0

Even fewer people overall know that Ma is also the chinese term for cannabis XD

dogobgyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogobgyn
angel0fire0 wrote:Even fewer people overall know that Ma is also the chinese term for cannabis XD

And horse. And mom (or "ma'"). And something else that I can't remember. Point is there's no wiggly line saying which. It could mean cube horse!

Hey, we're even more special!

Speaking of, I'd put good money on the ratio of physicists who know Zelda is higher than in the general population.

Turc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

Learn2Triforce, fellow Wooters!

▲
▲ ▲

CaviMike

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike

Shouldn't that be 3(MA)? And I mean that purely mathematically. The shirt says (MA)cubed - that's not even close to 3 of something.

Personal info is personal.

bakntime

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bakntime
fishbiscuit5 wrote:To address the math problem, I had it written out 3(ma) at first, but everyone I showed it to didn't get the joke until I changed the format of the problem, hence the title of this design, "Forced Math." It's kind of the joke and makes it extra special. A little artistic liberties are needed now and then. ;) Thanks to everyone who's buying one! You guys rock!

So you're saying these people understood that ma = force, but didn't get it when it was written 3(ma)? Slow bunch.

You could have written it

(ma) x 3

at the very least.

As for the title being "forced math" because the math is faulty, I'm calling ret-con on that one.

I'm just bustin' your chops. It's the internet. I'm convinced that's what the internet was designed to do.

And if "Fishbiscuit" is a Lost reference, you've earned my respect despite your mathematical fudgery.

I ain't signing anything! What? It's not that kind of signature? Oh. So that's what it is? Oh. I'm still not interested.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 0m 17.009s First sucker: computermd82 Last wooter to woot: pissedcheese Last purchase: 2 hours ago

Order Pace (rank): Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots | Bottom 0% of all Woots Woots Sold: 1157
First day posts. 70

lostspyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostspyder
adamantypants wrote:Can't bring myself to buy it based purely on mathematical principle. 3ma would be more accurate.

^^ this ^^

"And even of this tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of all the organisms on Earth, only some are capable of figuring out the joke, even when presented with it."

And even a smaller subset of the above are content with it being inaccurate.