The Woot Guide to Becoming a Sex Symbol Scientist
2nd place in Derby #284: Double-Take Derby 19 with 264 votes!
Most scientists live a life of obscurity, but a select few, like Tesla, achieve a strange nerd-celebrity status. How do you become one of these scientists? It's simple:
1. Choose something weird to study. For example, don't study the vibrations of glass when you play music; try to train bugs to eat electrical wire or something.
2. Make sure you have interesting hair and/or facial hair. If this isn't possible, wear goggles all the time.
3. Dress like the 1920s never ended.
4. Change your name to something foreign-sounding. Adapt an accent to match. And if you can't come up with an accent, just do a British one; that's the catch-all "Cultured Person Who's Not From Here" voice.
5. Make sure something explodes during every experiment you conduct, even if it's just something small, like a banana. A little bit goes a long way when it comes to blowing stuff up.
Taking these steps, you should be well on your way to a level of stardom enjoyed only by a few really weird dudes! Congratulations! The internet's going to love you!