Derby #179: When Toys Attack!
It's almost time. Time for Christmas Day, the day when hundreds of millions of children around the world will squeal with delight at the sickening bounty of presents laid under trees in houses all over the world. But what if we're missing something? What if Christmas is all a ploy to gain entry to our homes, our safe houses, our refuge? It's almost like if you wanted to gain entry to a town, but they didn't want to let you in, so you try to build something; I don't know, maybe a giant horse or something. And then you attack when they least suspect! We just made that analogy up, you can think of something better. So this week show us the horror, the tragedy, the grim reality of just how screwed we'd all be if tomorrow our toys decided to strike back. Now for the rules:
- No copyrighted toys. It can be an action figure, but it better not look like Snake Eyes.
- Incidental text only. If you need some good scream-effects, fine.
- No adult toys. That's an entirely different Derby we'll be running on our private site, Boudoir.Woot.
- No aardvarks. A totally random rule from a totally random Woot staffer totally randomly-named Barbara.
And of course, our still-possibly-new-to-a-few-people art guidelines for all submissions from here on out:
- If you're using Photoshop, make certain that your halftones are at least 30 LPI for a full-size design at 300 DPI.
- If you're using Illustrator, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.
- Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.