Derby #266: Single Line
One line. That's all it takes. And this week that's all you get. Give us your best designs using only one, continuous line. Go nuts! Just make sure you go nuts within these rules:
- No halftones.
- One color only.
- No phoenixes or tigers.
- No pop culture riffs.
- Keep your lines wider than 1/16".
- Everything in your design should be part of the same continuous line. We should only be able to see two ends to your line. Your continuous line should render everything on the shirt.
- No retracing the same path. The line should always be distinct from itself, if that makes sense. Don't fill in a space and try to tell us it's just one line that overlaps itself. Don't try multiple line endings on the grounds that the line turns back on itself.
- Don’t cross your line over itself.
- Text is permitted as long as the treatment meets all the rules above. If you can draw text with one unbroken line with no retracing, knock yourself out.
- Moderating this Derby might involve some judgment calls on our part, so if your design even comes close to breaking any of these rules, back away or risk rejection.
Guest editor: Artulo!