Derby #33: Lyrics Illustrated

American Woman

Not labled "Inspired By"

Rejected because: Not labled "Inspired By"

add a comment

Comments

RobertStumbaugh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
Re: American Woman


This shirt is really cool.

leahwaz73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leahwaz73
Re: American Woman


Love it - but hope you don't get rejected because the title doesn't say inspired by...

FedUpOldHag


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
leahwaz73 wrote:Love it - but hope you don't get rejected because the title doesn't say inspired by...


Good point, I'd risk losing the votes now, re-submit and start my vote collection as soon as possible. This design is real cool.


gingerbreadman87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingerbreadman87
Re: American Woman


http://www.threadless.com/product/58/Summer_Wind

I sense a plagiarism.

silph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages silph

Not even close. Besides, the wind blown look is canon as far as shots like this are concerned.

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
gingerbreadman87 wrote:http://www.threadless.com/product/58/Summer_Wind

I sense a plagiarism.


You're kidding right... it's not even close...

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
silph wrote:Not even close. Besides, the wind blown look is canon as far as shots like this are concerned.


It's not the look. It's the shape of the nose and mouth along with most of the hair waves Looking like the same shape. That being said, this is what it looks like to a non-designer.

I hope the designer will come on and explain how s/he drew this.

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
KENPARS0NS wrote:You're kidding right... it's not even close...


It's the same image, just flipped and with a fill of the flag added.

That said, I've heard (unconfirmed, though) that this image is clip-art. So if the artist can prove he bought the rights to that clip-art, he should be fine- as long as Woot doesn't mind that the clip-art has been used in other shirts before.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
KENPARS0NS wrote:You're kidding right... it's not even close...


you're kidding right? you do have the ability to see correct?




It's the same image flipped.

bigscarypanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigscarypanda
leahwaz73 wrote:Love it - but hope you don't get rejected because the title doesn't say inspired by...


yeah, the artwork question is debatable, but it'll get rejected for sure without the "inspired by"

groovydweeb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages groovydweeb
gingerbreadman87 wrote:http://www.threadless.com/product/58/Summer_Wind

I sense a plagiarism.


Plagiarism?!?

Do you have nothing better to do?

zenwill


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenwill
geekfactor12 wrote:It's the same image, just flipped and with a fill of the flag added.

That said, I've heard (unconfirmed, though) that this image is clip-art. So if the artist can prove he bought the rights to that clip-art, he should be fine- as long as Woot doesn't mind that the clip-art has been used in other shirts before.


Geek,
Thanks for pointing that out. Seems that some people like to accuse before they know any facts.
The image of the woman is clip art. I would never rip off someone else's design. That is a pet peeve of mine. I'm not a a great designer or illustrator, but I know how much effort goes into the work we all like to see. I would not steal that from somebody, because I know what it feels like to be stolen from.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail