Derby #34: Canada
+61

Cold one, eh?

Cold one, eh?
add a comment

Comments

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Re: Cold one, eh?


This was the fictional brewery in the Strange Brew movie. It looked like a creepy castle, thus the logo.

Thanks!
FF

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
fyrefall wrote:This was the fictional brewery in the Strange Brew movie. It looked like a creepy castle, thus the logo.

Thanks!
FF


Castle Elsinore was also the setting for Shakespeare's "Hamlet" -- and that's why we see the ghost come out of the video game at the brewery it was an analog of Hamlet's father's ghost. Take off hoser.

VOTE!

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
yeeter wrote:Castle Elsinore was also the setting for Shakespeare's "Hamlet" -- and that's why we see the ghost come out of the video game at the brewery it was an analog of Hamlet's father's ghost. Take off hoser.


Yeah, my explanation was for those unfamiliar with the whole Rosencrantz and Guildenstern angle, in case they wondered why this was on theme.

njbell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages njbell
I found a mouse in my beer, eh

Re: Cold one, eh?

smithsonia


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Cold one, eh?


wow. I loved this movie as a child-- thanks for the flashback!
great homage.

Explodinggreenllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: Cold one, eh?


Love it, definitely one of my favorite movies!

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
smithsonia wrote:wow. I loved this movie as a child-- thanks for the flashback!
great homage.

You're welcome, thx for the vote!

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Re: Cold one, eh?


Thanks again to everyone who voted!!

"Ten bucks is ten bucks." -Geddy Lee (from the Bob&Doug song 'Take Off!)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail