Derby #34: Canada
+23

One Tank, Industrial Complex, & Anti-Aircraft

One Tank, Industrial Complex, & Anti-Aircraft
add a comment

Comments

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11683]One Tank, Industrial Complex,


This is for the few that will understand this oh so esoteric reference...

Men, are you going to let flowers dominate the fog?

I know you are out there, you geeks.

Men, aged approximately 27 - 40 years old who played this most wonderful game with your older brother who never let you be the Allies, but you beat him anyways by berserking across Russia to take Caucus, The Oil Fields and eventually Moscow.

You know you love it.

Even now, you are being whisked away into visions of that 'one time' of rolling snake eyes with your infantry men over and over against your opponent's expensive fighters or bomber planes to take the key piece of land that would let your tanks berserk through to the capitol.

Zoink, you just took over an industrial complex. Time to start laying down the law, and putting reinforcements down one by one, so they could never take it back.

Victory was yours back then, over your mean spiteful brother. So what, if he took the board throwing it up in the air with the game pieces and annihilating the game before you could finally take over, he knew you had won, you knew you had won.

You are a winner boy. Wear this shirt, and show up to the family get together, point to your chest and say remember this? And put a fist to his face for all those times he lorded over you like you did that one time on Axis and Allies.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
jimiyo wrote:This is for the few that will understand this oh so esoteric reference...

Men, are you going to let flowers dominate the fog?

I know you are out there, you geeks.

Men, aged approximately 27 - 40 years old who played this most wonderful game with your older brother who never let you be the Allies, but you beat him anyways by berserking across Russia to take Caucus, The Oil Fields and eventually Moscow.

You know you love it.

Even now, you are being whisked away into visions of that 'one time' of rolling snake eyes with your infantry men over and over against your opponent's expensive fighters or bomber planes to take the key piece of land that would let your tanks berserk through to the capitol.

Zoink, you just took over an industrial complex. Time to start laying down the law, and putting reinforcements down one by one, so they could never take it back.

Victory was yours back then, over your mean spiteful brother. So what, if he took the board throwing it up in the air with the game pieces and annihilating the game before you could finally take over, he knew you had won, you knew you had won.

You are a winner boy. Wear this shirt, and show up to the family get together, point to your chest and say remember this? And put a fist to his face for all those times he lorded over you like you did that one time on Axis and Allies.

My husband likes Adv. Squadron Leader better than A&A but would still be into this. Would like it better on red or black, but this will work.
Thanks Jimiyo.

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
mjc613 wrote:My husband likes Adv. Squadron Leader better than A&A but would still be into this. Would like it better on red or black, but this will work.
Thanks Jimiyo.


You must be married to a genius cause Adv Squadron Leader is for super nerds! That game is TOUGH!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
jimiyo wrote:You must be married to a genius cause Adv Squadron Leader is for super nerds! That game is TOUGH!


L-O-L! Well, I'll tell him you said that! The rule book is certainly intense.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jimiyo wrote:This is for the few that will understand this oh so esoteric reference...

Men, are you going to let flowers dominate the fog?

I know you are out there, you geeks.

Men, aged approximately 27 - 40 years old who played this most wonderful game with your older brother who never let you be the Allies, but you beat him anyways by berserking across Russia to take Caucus, The Oil Fields and eventually Moscow.

You know you love it.

Even now, you are being whisked away into visions of that 'one time' of rolling snake eyes with your infantry men over and over against your opponent's expensive fighters or bomber planes to take the key piece of land that would let your tanks berserk through to the capitol.

Zoink, you just took over an industrial complex. Time to start laying down the law, and putting reinforcements down one by one, so they could never take it back.

Victory was yours back then, over your mean spiteful brother. So what, if he took the board throwing it up in the air with the game pieces and annihilating the game before you could finally take over, he knew you had won, you knew you had won.

You are a winner boy. Wear this shirt, and show up to the family get together, point to your chest and say remember this? And put a fist to his face for all those times he lorded over you like you did that one time on Axis and Allies.

If the derby theme were Australia and those were Risk pieces this would totally fit the theme. As it is, I don't think Canada's critical to Axis & Allies. I could be wrong. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
superspryte wrote:If the derby theme were Australia and those were Risk pieces this would totally fit the theme. As it is, I don't think Canada's critical to Axis & Allies. I could be wrong. ^_^


no i agree... canada was totally useless in A&A. thats part of the joke. anyones who's played knows those three pieces just usually sit there, for the whole duration.

which, im not a history major, but would assume that was what happened.

where the history Geeks!?!?! did canada contribute anything to the wwii effort? significantly?

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jimiyo wrote:no i agree... canada was totally useless in A&A. thats part of the joke. anyones who's played knows those three pieces just usually sit there, for the whole duration.

which, im not a history major, but would assume that was what happened.

where the history Geeks!?!?! did canada contribute anything to the wwii effort? significantly?

Upon searching, Canada has an entire website devoted to it. And apparently everyone forgets Canada.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
jimiyo wrote:no i agree... canada was totally useless in A&A. thats part of the joke. anyones who's played knows those three pieces just usually sit there, for the whole duration.

which, im not a history major, but would assume that was what happened.

where the history Geeks!?!?! did canada contribute anything to the wwii effort? significantly?


The Dutch Queen lived in Canada during WWII., so they provided lodging.

Canada also provided many soldiers to fight the German Axis forces in Europe, particularly at the Battle of Dieppe. One of the big scandals in Canada a few years ago happened when someone erected a statue of DeGaulle. The WWII vets got mad since they actually fought in the war, while DeGaulle hung out in London.

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11683]One Tank, Industrial Complex,


Ahhh! Bringing me back. Jimiyo. Okay it was just a few years ago, but still...

VOTE!

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11683]One Tank, Industrial Complex,


Love the reference! GMV

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail