Derby #36: Text As Art
+106

Heroes go PEWPEW

Heroes go PEWPEW
add a comment

Comments

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


It works. Only text. The legs and antennae are commas (or apostrophes). It falls within parody, like Close Encounters of the 2D Kind did.

Yay.

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


It took me a second to realize that the Hero was a spaceship, but otherwise it's a cool design.

Shigwarm


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


Pew Pew? Is that the sound the the guns make when fired?
Anyways, great design!!

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Shigwarm wrote:Pew Pew? Is that the sound the the guns make when fired?
Anyways, great design!!


Yes it is the sound the guns make. Hopefully some old-school gamers get behind this and get it printed.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Shigwarm wrote:Pew Pew? Is that the sound the the guns make when fired?
Anyways, great design!!


All teh lazrs go pewpew!

At guitar center, I'll take the little scanner thing and flash it on someone and say "pewpew!" Always better with the pewpew...

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

fablefire wrote:All teh lazrs go pewpew!

At guitar center, I'll take the little scanner thing and flash it on someone and say "pewpew!" Always better with the pewpew...


I'm so glad I'm not the only adult who does that stuff.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

brent16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brent16
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


i like it

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
PemberDucky wrote:I'm so glad I'm not the only adult who does that stuff.




i second

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
PemberDucky wrote:I'm so glad I'm not the only adult who does that stuff.


tip for the day: if you make "pewpew" noises while scanning items for your wedding and/or baby registry, the people WILL look at you funny. really funny

My husband is so lucky he married another geek. ;)

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

karatefestival


quality posts: 1 Private Messages karatefestival
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


i feel stupid because i can't figure out what the big bad says, but i'm very much like this design. because all the lasers really *do* go pewpew!

firasion


quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
karatefestival wrote:i feel stupid because i can't figure out what the big bad says, but i'm very much like this design. because all the lasers really *do* go pewpew!


after several minutes of staring, i realized it says centipede

GravityJMB


quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


PEWPEW! I LOVE IT!

lunartan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
peppersagooddog wrote:i second

thirded

soyokazefuhen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen

This is gonna make me cry if it doesn't get more votes

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
soyokazefuhen wrote:This is gonna make me cry if it doesn't get more votes


Guess you'll be crying.

kixxster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
mia3mom wrote:tip for the day: if you make "pewpew" noises while scanning items for your wedding and/or baby registry, the people WILL look at you funny. really funny

My husband is so lucky he married another geek. ;)


That's amazing! I must remember to do that whenever I get around to getting married.




kixxster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


I have to admit I didn't click at first because it didn't look too exciting. But I'm glad I did! I have to vote if not just for the "pewpew" had me laughing for a good minute




AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Heroes go PEWPEW


On a completely sort of related note, today's sellout.woot uses "Pew Pew!", so of course I bought 2. Centipede is too funny, just a good thing they aren't sick of that like they are pac man.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail