Derby #37: Greed
+23

The Green-Eyed Monster

The Green-Eyed Monster
add a comment

Comments

JadenKale


quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster


I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
JadenKale wrote:Re: The Green-Eyed Monster


I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.

Ah, that's just the title. He's sitting on a wad of cash -- looks greedy to me! I like 'im. Pretty freeky.

retardedhusky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages retardedhusky
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster


Awesome art!

fablefire


quality posts: 26 Private Messages fablefire
JadenKale wrote:I don't want to be a party pooper, but the 'Green Eyed Monster' refers to Envy, not Greed.


Such a party pooper.

"Are you unpoopular? Do you pop out at parties?"

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Green-Eyed Monster

I had the same thought as Jaden. Shakespeare used that phrase in his play Othello to refer to envy. I was about to ask why this was greed, when I read redghia's comment about the cash. I had to look again to see that's what the monster was sitting on. I originally thought it was a bow!

So while this is a great drawing, I don't think of greed when I see this, just a monster.

fishyboner


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishyboner
mjc613 wrote:I had the same thought as Jaden. Shakespeare used that phrase in his play Othello to refer to envy. I was about to ask why this was greed, when I read redghia's comment about the cash. I had to look again to see that's what the monster was sitting on. I originally thought it was a bow!

So while this is a great drawing, I don't think of greed when I see this, just a monster.


well, Moneys Green!
and money can make monsters out of us all.

dasmonkeyboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
fishyboner wrote:well, Moneys Green!
and money can make monsters out of us all.

It really should be, oh I dunno, maybe... a dragon... then it would be okay....

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
fishyboner wrote:well, Moneys Green!
and money can make monsters out of us all.

Fishy, I can see where you are coming from, but I don't share your view/opinion.
My front lawn is green, string beans are green, and moldy cheese is green, but none of them remind me of greed or can turn most people into monsters.

When I see this drawing, try as I might, I see a monster with an astonishing Victorian bow on his hind quarter, not greed.

jeremynjaxx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremynjaxx

Sorry . . . awesome drawing, but I see a monster with a bow too.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.