Derby #38: The Year You Were Born
+41

1989 - Year of the Snake Resub

1989 - Year of the Snake Resub
add a comment

Comments

drkblkforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest

For some reason, my first shirt was rejected for being "off-topic." The topic is the year I was born, which just so happens to be 1989, which is the year of the snake. The year of the dragon came before the year of the snake, so the snake is devouring a dragon to signify the end of the year of the dragon.
I hope this explanation makes sense... Feel free to ask if you still don't get it.

If this gets rejected again, I'd like a better explanation of why the shirt is "off-topic."

drkblkforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest

Oh, and the other years included are 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, and 2001

LokiBoki


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LokiBoki
Re: 1989 - Year of the Snake Resub


Already posted before but~ GMV

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
drkblkforest wrote:For some reason, my first shirt was rejected for being "off-topic." The topic is the year I was born, which just so happens to be 1989, which is the year of the snake. The year of the dragon came before the year of the snake, so the snake is devouring a dragon to signify the end of the year of the dragon.
I hope this explanation makes sense... Feel free to ask if you still don't get it.

If this gets rejected again, I'd like a better explanation of why the shirt is "off-topic."


Technically, your last shirt could have been rejected just for not having the year in the title. That was an instruction for this derby and it's already happened to at least one other entry. So even though yours is decidedly on topic, the last submission was rightfully rejected - just for the wrong reason.

Hopefully you can catch up on votes though - it's a brilliant design.

I'm a dragon though. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

drkblkforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkblkforest
eHalcyon wrote:Technically, your last shirt could have been rejected just for not having the year in the title. That was an instruction for this derby and it's already happened to at least one other entry. So even though yours is decidedly on topic, the last submission was rightfully rejected - just for the wrong reason.

Hopefully you can catch up on votes though - it's a brilliant design.

I'm a dragon though. =P


Ahhhh *palm to face* Well, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the comments/advice!
Hopefully I don't upset too many dragons with this shirt @_@

BigKuntry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigKuntry
drkblkforest wrote:Ahhhh *palm to face* Well, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the comments/advice!
Hopefully I don't upset too many dragons with this shirt @_@


I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

BigKuntry wrote:I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.

Eugoogalee...

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
superspryte wrote:Eugoogalee...


huh...Eugene?


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TAYLORT5 wrote:huh...Eugene?

Derek Zoolander.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

frantix


quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
BigKuntry wrote:I'm year of the pig.

No one wants to eulogize that.


You boar me!

Sorry! Couldn't resist.

Nice design on the shirt, not any of those years but like the seamless snake.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail