Derby #38: The Year You Were Born
+53

1972: Watergate

1972: Watergate
add a comment

Comments

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: 1972: Watergate


1972...Year of the Rat.. and who was the biggest rat that year? Nixon for Watergate...

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:1972...Year of the Rat.. and who was the biggest rat that year? Nixon for Watergate...

Ok, this is a nice combination without it screaming "political statement". I really like this, Patch.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 1972: Watergate

Very nice! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:1972...Year of the Rat.. and who was the biggest rat that year? Nixon for Watergate...


My rats are insulted you compared them to Nixon!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: 1972: Watergate





concept gold right there dude.

nulli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulli
Patchitect wrote:1972...Year of the Rat.. and who was the biggest rat that year? Nixon for Watergate...


Nixon was a rat. Really Jan. 12, 1913 makes him one.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

nulli wrote:Nixon was a rat. Really Jan. 12, 1913 makes him one.

I was going to say no, 1912 was the Year of the Rat, but we're talking lunar calendar here... ^_^;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
JadenKale wrote:Ok, this is a nice combination without it screaming "political statement". I really like this, Patch.

You took the words out of my mouth.

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: 1972: Watergate


Ok, I have to admit it, this is a nice one Patch. Great concept without overt politcal statement.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: 1972: Watergate


Thnks all for the nice comments.. Now if only they would translate into votes...

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: 1972: Watergate


Patch! I thought you were older than me! Neat take on Watergate. The design has such a feeling of peace...even though you are identifying a pretty turbulent point in history.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:Patch! I thought you were older than me! Neat take on Watergate. The design has such a feeling of peace...even though you are identifying a pretty turbulent point in history.

He does act like a [dirty] old man sometimes, doesn't he? ^_~

(We love you anyway, Patch.)

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jzelts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzelts
Re: 1972: Watergate


i love the water coming down, and the sublte "gate" it goes through. nice!

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:He does act like a [dirty] old man sometimes, doesn't he? ^_~

(We love you anyway, Patch.)


What do you mean... sometimes??? i'm a [dirty] old man all the time!

As for the shirt, i didnt want to make something that was blatant, i wanted to make something that was wearable without being controversial...

now if it were only votable....

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:What do you mean... sometimes??? i'm a [dirty] old man all the time!

As for the shirt, i didnt want to make something that was blatant, i wanted to make something that was wearable without being controversial...

now if it were only votable....

It's votable. I voted. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:It's votable. I voted. ^_^


You're easy

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:You're easy



I don't think so. T_T;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail