Derby #38: The Year You Were Born
+64

1976 - Best car ever

1976 - Best car ever
add a comment

Comments

netshark


quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


I want a '70 trans am. Smokey and the Bandit FTW.

Anyways, GMV

bunt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
netshark wrote:I want a '70 trans am. Smokey and the Bandit FTW.

Anyways, GMV


me too

thanks

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


This is indeed an awesome car... but I bet your sparkly, shining, winged car would look even greater in the same driveway as... the AWSOMEMOBILE!


skaght


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
daedalusknight wrote:This is indeed an awesome car... but I bet your sparkly, shining, winged car would look even greater in the same driveway as... the AWSOMEMOBILE!


I wouldn't let flying 1976 trans am anywhere near awesomemobile. They'd totally get in a fight... On second thought, that'd be pretty cool to watch.

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1976 - Best car ever

Pretty cool design Bunt.
-Andy



daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
skaght wrote:I wouldn't let flying 1976 trans am anywhere near awesomemobile. They'd totally get in a fight... On second thought, that'd be pretty cool to watch.



Yeah, but after the fight they'd team up to stop the bad guys. That's how it always works out. :-)

squidboots


quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


BEST.
SHIRT.
EVER.

GMV :D

bunt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt

Thank you.

ugomona


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.

skaght


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.


What I think happened was that this car (the '76) was flying around (probably in 1984) and Cho was playing Duck Hunt. Yes, I know Cho would have been an infant, but Cho had super infant powers that allowed him to play Duck Hunt. Anyway, Cho, being an infant, confused the flying '76 Trans Am for a duck and shot it down. The front panel and the head lights got all banged up and needed to be replaced. The owner of the flying '76 Trans Am, having just shelled out a boatload for the wings couldn't afford the classic '76 front panel, so opted for the body shop to replace it with the '77 front panel that was readily available from the junk yard. (Cho also confused '77 Trans Ams for Centepedes in his youth.)

frantix


quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.


Oh well who cares??? It's the car that counts.

bunt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunt
skaght wrote:What I think happened was that this car (the '76) was flying around (probably in 1984) and Cho was playing Duck Hunt. Yes, I know Cho would have been an infant, but Cho had super infant powers that allowed him to play Duck Hunt. Anyway, Cho, being an infant, confused the flying '76 Trans Am for a duck and shot it down. The front panel and the head lights got all banged up and needed to be replaced. The owner of the flying '76 Trans Am, having just shelled out a boatload for the wings couldn't afford the classic '76 front panel, so opted for the body shop to replace it with the '77 front panel that was readily available from the junk yard. (Cho also confused '77 Trans Ams for Centepedes in his youth.)


You are correct. That is almost exactly what happened. I had to have the front end replaced and the only flying trans am replacement I could find was from a 78'.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: 1976 - Best car ever



Great design, and very well executed. Should have more votes. Well, it has mine at least.

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


This car will forever remind me of the scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when Spicoli (Sean Penn) was driving Jefferson's (Forest Whitaker) car and - after Spicoli crashes the car - Jefferson's kid brother goes: "My brother's gonna sh*t! He's gonna kill us!" and Spicoli goes "Well make up your mind, dude! Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?"

"...first he's gonna sh*t! And then he's gonna kill us!"

LOL...I love that movie. If not just for that reason, this shirt gets my vote.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

cenerslaveshop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenerslaveshop
ejseader wrote:This car will forever remind me of the scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when Spicoli (Sean Penn) was driving Jefferson's (Forest Whitaker) car and - after Spicoli crashes the car - Jefferson's kid brother goes: "My brother's gonna sh*t! He's gonna kill us!" and Spicoli goes "Well make up your mind, dude! Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?"

"...first he's gonna sh*t! And then he's gonna kill us!"

LOL...I love that movie. If not just for that reason, this shirt gets my vote.


Like that movie, too. The car they crashed was a Z28. As a 1979 T.A. owner, I cringe when someone mixes them up. This shirt reminds me of "Smokey and the Bandit" since it's a 1977 or 1978.

corvettejoe


quality posts: 24 Private Messages corvettejoe
ugomona wrote:I hate to be a killjoy, but the car is a 77-78 Trans Am. The 76 had round headlights.


I was about to post the same thing.
I had a 76 and a 79 T/A years ago.
I miss them too.

Too bad it's not the correct car

BTW the Bandit car is a 78

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
corvettejoe wrote:I was about to post the same thing.
I had a 76 and a 79 T/A years ago.
I miss them too.

Too bad it's not the correct car

BTW the Bandit car is a 78


LOL TransAm dorks. :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

revmymotor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages revmymotor
Re: 1976 - Best car ever


GMV, but I'm kinda sad it's not a Camaro.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail