Derby #39: Motion
+437

The Occasional Stretch

The Occasional Stretch
add a comment

Comments

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Occasional Stretch


The Occasional Stretch

Up for voting!

This design is about giving motion to an object that never moves. It’s also a motion (stretching and yawning) that comments on the fact that statue is in one place all of the time and would likely be bored. There’s no contrails or repeating images, but the entire design revolves around the statue in mid-motion.

Failoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: The Occasional Stretch


We all need a stretch once in a while!

Great job Tgentry

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Great Idea TG! Love his expression too!

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: The Occasional Stretch


rad lincoln tgentry

you are an awesome artist.

(hey... being an artist you might find this link interesting. i was sent it today http://www.engraveyourbook.com/index.html, apparently you can send in your own designs and have a chance at 15% royalties. lets go for it!)

m4dcow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages m4dcow
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Good stuff, I dunno about the red in the background though, but GMV anyway.

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Man... tgentry coming on strong and straight into the fog again... great work!

KenSPT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: The Occasional Stretch


As you know, TGentry, I'm a fan ... and my liking of this shirt is no different.

Hopefully you make it in there this week, because IMO you've been robbed a few weeks in a row.

CAMMS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Easily my favorite! GMV and will buy three, probably!

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

great detail.

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

jimiyo wrote:rad lincoln tgentry

you are an awesome artist.

(hey... being an artist you might find this link interesting. i was sent it today http://www.engraveyourbook.com/index.html, apparently you can send in your own designs and have a chance at 15% royalties. lets go for it!)


Oh sweet, thanks for the link Jimiyo. I may just do something with it if I can pry myself away from this place for a few hours...

fabsies


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabsies
Re: The Occasional Stretch


0.o THAT is AWESOME!!!! HEY EVERYONE!!! I WANT THIS SHIRT!!!!!!!!!
*VOTED*

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
fabsies wrote:0.o THAT is AWESOME!!!! HEY EVERYONE!!! I WANT THIS SHIRT!!!!!!!!!
*VOTED*


And how did you vote?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Lincoln can't lose, can he?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: The Occasional Stretch


sooooooo original! : ) love it


superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:And how did you vote?

Let's say with another account. Or maybe with intentions. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

maksterx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maksterx
Re: The Occasional Stretch



from a poli sci student in dc, this shirt is sick.

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: The Occasional Stretch


When did this become lincoln.woot? This one is pretty frakkin sweet though, and depending on available money/drawer space, I may actually buy it. GMV.


Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: The Occasional Stretch

I am always amazed at your ability to create amazing shading.
-Andy



TonyaP


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TonyaP
Andy47240 wrote:I am always amazed at your ability to create amazing shading.
-Andy


"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

What I think is, he is mad as hell - and he's not gonna take it any more.

lilwerewolfgirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: The Occasional Stretch


Ovulating? My Goodness! XD this one is so awesome. great job! love the expression

dcarhart


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dcarhart
Re: The Occasional Stretch



Nice, GMV.

Also nice unintentional commentary on our current stagnent economy

palmettogirl


quality posts: 2 Private Messages palmettogirl
Re: The Occasional Stretch


I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

palmettogirl wrote:I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.


I'm kind of confused about why everyone is tired of 'so many' Lincoln entries. In the entire history of Shirt.Woot there's been two shirts with Lincoln on it, and only one featured Lincoln by himself. I can count on one hand the amount of times Lincoln was submitted as an entry. Actually if you exclude the text derby where people were submitting Lincoln entries to prove some kind of point, I can't think of any. So why is everyone acting like Lincolns are the new Trees, Penguins, or Pirates? Seems a little misguided to me.

The funny thing is I didn't even pick this statue specifically because it was Lincoln. I was originally going to do the the Statue of Liberty, but since she already had her arm up it would have been harder to make it look like she was yawning.

Shigwarm


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
palmettogirl wrote:I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.


No! We all need more Abe! Abe, Abe, Abe!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
tgentry wrote:The funny thing is I didn't even pick this statue specifically because it was Lincoln. I was originally going to do the the Statue of Liberty, but since she already had her arm up it would have been harder to make it look like she was yawning.


Oh man, I would've loved that. Yawning Liberty... the symbolism alone would sell me on that one.

CAMMS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: The Occasional Stretch


DRAT, this is out of the fog. :-( I may end up saving money next weekend. :-/

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: The Occasional Stretch

Out of the fog????? Dang tg.... I'm sorry I have but one vote to give. Of anything near the top, this is the one I want!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tgentry wrote:I'm kind of confused about why everyone is tired of 'so many' Lincoln entries. In the entire history of Shirt.Woot there's been two shirts with Lincoln on it, and only one featured Lincoln by himself. I can count on one hand the amount of times Lincoln was submitted as an entry. Actually if you exclude the text derby where people were submitting Lincoln entries to prove some kind of point, I can't think of any. So why is everyone acting like Lincolns are the new Trees, Penguins, or Pirates? Seems a little misguided to me.

The funny thing is I didn't even pick this statue specifically because it was Lincoln. I was originally going to do the the Statue of Liberty, but since she already had her arm up it would have been harder to make it look like she was yawning.

It's probably because the Lincoln shirt was so recent.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

chippyswans


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans

By far my favorite shirt ever. SWEET SHIRT! If this doesn't win for some crazy reason...PM me when it goes on sale somewhere else!

CAMMS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
chippyswans wrote:By far my favorite shirt ever. SWEET SHIRT! If this doesn't win for some crazy reason...PM me when it goes on sale somewhere else!


Hey, me too! I LOVE this shirt and hope you have a chance to re enter it or Woot decides to use it as a daily. Every time I come in to check on its progress, I am more disappointed.

chippyswans


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans
CAMMS wrote:Hey, me too! I LOVE this shirt and hope you have a chance to re enter it or Woot decides to use it as a daily. Every time I come in to check on its progress, I am more disappointed.


Me too...this shirt is the only reason I'm logging in this wootoff and checking up on things. I think wooters are delusional this time 'round.

gvw47


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gvw47
CAMMS wrote:Hey, me too! I LOVE this shirt and hope you have a chance to re enter it or Woot decides to use it as a daily. Every time I come in to check on its progress, I am more disappointed.


Me as well...tg, your designs are creative and well done. I thought it would stay in the fog. Maybe if you were CHOgentry? My sadness.

KenSPT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
gvw47 wrote:Me as well...tg, your designs are creative and well done. I thought it would stay in the fog. Maybe if you were CHOgentry? My sadness.


If Cho submitted this it would be fogged right now. Cho's monopoly of the Derbies has gotten ridiculous.

This deserves to be printed, as did the last couple of TGentry's work.

It's a shame how this place works.

illushin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illushin
Re: The Occasional Stretch


I wish this one would make another run at the fog.

dea007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Re: The Occasional Stretch


I think this is the best entry in the derby. I'm still holding out hope that it will move up! ;)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail