Derby #39: Motion
+214

Don Quixote rides on

Don Quixote rides on
add a comment

Comments

skaght


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
Re: Don Quixote rides on


Don Quixote rides his faithful horse, Rocinante, prepared to slay the mighty giant!

Jemmacakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Don Quixote rides on


Very nice!

I remember translating chapter after chapter of DQ for my HS spanish class.

Rocinante=first nag

Jahlien


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jahlien
Re: Don Quixote rides on


Very smart & a great design. I hope the prize is not your Dulcinea. I want this .

yeeter


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Don Quixote rides on


Very nice Skaght. It has a very ink and brush feel to the style. How did you make this one?

VOTE!

skaght


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
yeeter wrote:Very nice Skaght. It has a very ink and brush feel to the style. How did you make this one?


Thanks yeeter. I draw using a tablet and Flash. It's a lot more "organic" than anything else I've found, but I still have the benefits of vector art. A lot of the splatters were just standard Illustrator brushes. The art was somewhat inspired by Posada's Don Quixote and a drawing of polo players done by Ralph Steadman.

mxmvlcty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty

re: Don Quixote Rides on...

LOVE IT!! everyone vote plz.

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Don Quixote rides on



I like the gritty style :-)


Check out my blog:Here!

codefish


quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish
Re: Don Quixote rides on


This is most excellent.

Beutiful work.

BorisL12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12
skaght wrote:Don Quixote rides his faithful horse, Rocinante, prepared to slay the mighty giant!


awesome shirt. hope this gets in the top 3.

sog


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sog

i hope this shirt wins as well....how is it so low right now?

cheapojoe


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe
derekfilley wrote:I like the gritty style :-)


Exactly what I was thinking. It gives the shirt a very "painted on" design look. I don't know how to say that correctly. :P However, I'm still concerned that it doesn't display enough Motion. It looks like Don Quixote is more static than dynamic. Hopefully this one makes it though, cause I'm still voting for it.

bibelot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bibelot

I think this shirt is way rad, and bummed that its not going to win

skaght


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaght
cheapojoe wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. It gives the shirt a very "painted on" design look. I don't know how to say that correctly. :P However, I'm still concerned that it doesn't display enough Motion. It looks like Don Quixote is more static than dynamic. Hopefully this one makes it though, cause I'm still voting for it.


I'm honestly a little surprised that I wasn't rejected for being off topic, but I wanted to design something wearable... and I was a little under the weather and short on ideas when I designed it. Excuses. Excuses. Don and I thank you for the love.

mxmvlcty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty
skaght wrote:I'm honestly a little surprised that I wasn't rejected for being off topic, but I wanted to design something wearable... and I was a little under the weather and short on ideas when I designed it. Excuses. Excuses. Don and I thank you for the love.


I'm crushed this shirt didn't get farther. please submit it to threadless or spreadshirt or anything at all because I would buy it in a heartbeat!

stpollard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpollard
Re: Don Quixote rides on

I teach Don Quixote, and I love this shirt. I want to wear it to class!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail