Derby #41: Alphabet
+79

Kidphabet

Kidphabet
add a comment

Comments

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Kidphabet

This is not a font.

(Written with my left hand and a sharpie.) ^_^

And for anyone who wants to make a onesie/romper, here ya go!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jandt4ever07


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
Re: Kidphabet


Cool! I would love to get one and make it into a onesie! Or just buy a WS and use it as a nightie.

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jandt4ever07 wrote:Cool! I would love to get one and make it into a onesie! Or just buy a WS and use it as a nightie.

Thanks! I posted a link to that wiki in my first comment. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Kidphabet


I don't want to be rude Spryte, but this is just something I wouldn't wear.

It really seems like something designed for a child, as opposed to something wearable by an adult ... let alone an adult male.

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Kidphabet


so cute!

It looks remarkably similar to some handwriting in this house...

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TurboGraphx16 wrote:I don't want to be rude Spryte, but this is just something I wouldn't wear.

It really seems like something designed for a child, as opposed to something wearable by an adult ... let alone an adult male.

Giving an opinion isn't being rude. ^_~

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed I know this is targeted to a specific group, but how could I make it otherwise? My other designs this derby will be more everyone-centric, promise.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
superspryte wrote:Giving an opinion isn't being rude. ^_~

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed I know this is targeted to a specific group, but how could I make it otherwise? My other designs this derby will be more everyone-centric, promise.


I'm not really sure this concept can be made to appeal to a 25 year old guy, but if I think of anything I'll be sure to post it !!! :-)

jenny78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Kidphabet


I have 3 kids and I've helped in a kindergarten classroom that is taught by my sister for 6 years and this is usually never the problem with children learning to write. If you want to make it believable then space the letters really far apart, and make some at the end going up the side of the page where they have ran out of room, or really, really tiny at the end, again where they have ran out of room. Also, you might want to make some in lower case, and much more illegible. It just looks like an adult with bad handwriting wrote it.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:so cute!

It looks remarkably similar to some handwriting in this house...

Hehe, thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jenny78 wrote:I have 3 kids and I've helped in a kindergarten classroom that is taught by my sister for 6 years and this is usually never the problem with children learning to write. If you want to make it believable then space the letters really far apart, and make some at the end going up the side of the page where they have ran out of room, or really, really tiny at the end, again where they have ran out of room. Also, you might want to make some in lower case, and much more illegible. It just looks like an adult with bad handwriting wrote it.

An adult did write it. With her left hand (right-handed person). The point wasn't what kids do when they're trying. It's what they do when they don't want to do it. I remember doing this once, but I was a strange kid. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

TurboGraphx16 wrote:I'm not really sure this concept can be made to appeal to a 25 year old guy, but if I think of anything I'll be sure to post it !!! :-)

Right, that was rhetorical, I suppose. But like I said, the other(s) will be everyone-centric. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Webfoot08


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Kidphabet


Eesh, everyone's a c-r-i-t-i-c these days! I think it's adorable and anyone working with kids who are just beginning to learn to write will have fun letting them untangle/figure out what goes where. I think it's fresh and original and will appeal to moms/teachers/those with young kids. So there!

kwilder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
superspryte wrote:This is not a font.

(Written with my left hand and a sharpie.) ^_^

And for anyone who wants to make a onesie/romper, here ya go!


Ha, great link!

Zeusandhera


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Re: Kidphabet


For whatever reason, it kind of reminds me of when kids say, "One, Two, skip a few, Ninety-Nine, One Hundred" when they are asked to count to 100. I'm not even sure why it does...

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Zeusandhera wrote:For whatever reason, it kind of reminds me of when kids say, "One, Two, skip a few, Ninety-Nine, One Hundred" when they are asked to count to 100. I'm not even sure why it does...

Hee hee, that's the idea. Even though it's the same amount of writing it takes up less space so it must be less. But the last letter has to be separate...because maybe they won't notice if the beginning and ending are okay. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Webfoot08 wrote:Eesh, everyone's a c-r-i-t-i-c these days! I think it's adorable and anyone working with kids who are just beginning to learn to write will have fun letting them untangle/figure out what goes where. I think it's fresh and original and will appeal to moms/teachers/those with young kids. So there!

Thanks for the support. No worries. People are bound to dislike it. I'm okay with that. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

kwilder wrote:Ha, great link!

Someone posted it in one of the product threads so I thought I'd share. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jtyska


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtyska

Might be neat to add some sort of doodle at the bottom. Seems like kids will often put spaceships shooting lazerbeams, or missiles, or weird stick figures all over their papers.

Design is still cute as-is.

kwilder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
superspryte wrote:Someone posted it in one of the product threads so I thought I'd share. ^_^


Well, Thank you for doing so!

imthej


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
TurboGraphx16 wrote:I don't want to be rude Spryte, but this is just something I wouldn't wear.

It really seems like something designed for a child, as opposed to something wearable by an adult ... let alone an adult male.


*giggles*! yeah, this isn't adult enough like kung fu cats, penguins, and baby dragons...


I really hope you were joking. very rarely does an adult shirt make its way to the fog

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jtyska wrote:Might be neat to add some sort of doodle at the bottom. Seems like kids will often put spaceships shooting lazerbeams, or missiles, or weird stick figures all over their papers.

Design is still cute as-is.

I'd thought about that but decided against it because I wrote this with my wrong hand and I don't know if I could've made a doodle that looked believable.

Thanks for the support! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

kwilder wrote:Well, Thank you for doing so!

No problem! I hope you find a shirt to do that with!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

imthej wrote:*giggles*! yeah, this isn't adult enough like kung fu cats, penguins, and baby dragons...


I really hope you were joking. very rarely does an adult shirt make its way to the fog

It's also very rarely that a spryte shirt makes its way to the fog (I can only count a handful of times and they've never stayed there). ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail