Derby #56: Your Favorite Element
+214

Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106

Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106
add a comment

Comments

iandale


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iandale
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Great work guys! I really like the design of the cyborg elements, especially the pointy tentacle by his eye. Great color choices too. Seaborgs will take over the world.

Ian Dale | www.iandale.net

mck367


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mck367
iandale wrote:Great work guys! I really like the design of the cyborg elements, especially the pointy tentacle by his eye. Great color choices too. Seaborgs will take over the world.


Nice, I like it. Wasn't element 106 the one where the young chemist published fictional results due to its innate instability? Is that what the title refers to?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


I like how this is awesome even without knowing it involves an element.

alfamonke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfamonke
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


love this design, needs more votes so i can purchase it!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
mck367 wrote:Nice, I like it. Wasn't element 106 the one where the young chemist published fictional results due to its innate instability? Is that what the title refers to?


106 is Seaborgium, which is the pun for this design.

Mito - phoenix next time. Phoenix.

Here's hoping one of your designs takes off this week.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

brydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brydesign
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Seaborgium was the result of a daring adventure into the elements of the deep. It came to life through a nuclear reaction involving fusion of an isotope in the waters of the coast of Californium. No one expected what happened next!

Thank you for visiting our entry. Seaborgium is a collabrative effort between mitohapa and myself (brydesign). We really enjoyed the team effort through a two hour time difference, instant messaging, and never having met before! Mito has a terrific style and when I came up with this concept I knew it would be a good partnership. Hope you enjoy!

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


The color palette on this is sweet ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Perfect colors. Great depth. WIN.

brydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brydesign
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Thank you for the positive comments on the colors! We must have got through 106 versions to get to this point.

4Se7ens


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4Se7ens
AdderXYU wrote:I like how this is awesome even without knowing it involves an element.


I second that. Excellent collaboration. Gmveeeeeeeeeeee.

...

derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
brydesign wrote:Seaborgium was the result of a daring adventure into the elements of the deep. It came to life through a nuclear reaction involving fusion of an isotope in the waters of the coast of Californium. No one expected what happened next!

Thank you for visiting our entry. Seaborgium is a collabrative effort between mitohapa and myself (brydesign). We really enjoyed the team effort through a two hour time difference, instant messaging, and never having met before! Mito has a terrific style and when I came up with this concept I knew it would be a good partnership. Hope you enjoy!


Didn't realize this was a collab, props on getting it out so fast ;-)


Check out my blog:Here!

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


great collab mito & bry! I love the color choices, and how the design just pops. onward and upward!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

illuminator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


I like it a lot! gmv too

ticklecricket


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ticklecricket
mck367 wrote:Nice, I like it. Wasn't element 106 the one where the young chemist published fictional results due to its innate instability? Is that what the title refers to?


That was element 108, actually.

JonSnow


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JonSnow
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106



This is the first time I've ever heard of it... but the design is awesome. Nice work guys

insanecarbonbasedlif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106

Great shirt, GMV! I had a similar idea before the derby, but I was going to title it "Seaborgium: The Aquatic Collective", and have a group of schooling cyborg fish. This is a great collab, do more!

wreckoning


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wreckoning
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


I think this is one of the few shirts in this derby I'd actually buy. I love the colors and the whole shirt in general. Good work.

Mitohapa


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Thanks so much for saying all the nice things, guys. This one was a lot of work, but I'm glad to hear you like it. I think Bry's out of town this weekend, but I'm sure he'd shower you all with praise as well.

I think there's actually another Seaborgium entry floating around somewhere. It seems that people have cyborgs on the mind. Which is probably a good thing...

sokowa


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Love this guy. The line work and colors are great. (I'm still playing catch up on reviewing resigns).

blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


Ahahaha, I love it! Definitely a shirt I'd want, he's so excellently mutated. Could almost see it as a comic book creature or video game boss, too. Great job! :D

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Seaborgium: Failed Experiment 106


congrats! you got one of mia3mom's Gaggle of Awards this week!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail