Derby #59: At The Luau
+58

Wrath of the Monkey God

Wrath of the Monkey God
add a comment

Comments

illuminator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Wrath of the Monkey God


Dewd! I was at this Luau party last night and we're watching the fire dancers, then out comes this monkey just going nuts! And he stared at me dood! He was really mad about something and like just stared at ME for like forever! Then I woke up when my face hit the the punch bowl... man, I'm never doing Brain Erasers again.

AnnaJo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: Wrath of the Monkey God


This is kinda creepy... me-likes, gmv!

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
illuminator wrote:Dewd! I was at this Luau party last night and we're watching the fire dancers, then out comes this monkey just going nuts! And he stared at me dood! He was really mad about something and like just stared at ME for like forever! Then I woke up when my face hit the the punch bowl... man, I'm never doing Brain Erasers again.


Looks a little more like an ape than a monkey to me... but way cool design!
(And I watch my mailbox every day, waiting for our THREE Bento Box shirts to arrive!!)

illuminator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
SydneyB wrote:Looks a little more like an ape than a monkey to me... but way cool design!
(And I watch my mailbox every day, waiting for our THREE Bento Box shirts to arrive!!)


Thanks! I started with a Macaque, but it ended up looking a bit chimpish. :D

hundr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hundr
Re: Wrath of the Monkey God


I *really* like the idea of this shirt, but the fact that it's a primate with Maori style tattoos is a bit disconcerting. I probably wouldn't be able to buy it because of the imitation style of Maori tattoos and having them be on a monkey. (For those who don't know, the Maori are very, very territorial over their tattoos and view it as offensive for others to copy them.)

sbaszto


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbaszto

Anyone else think that the wrath of the monkey gods shirt looks like Whoopi Goldberg??

illuminator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
hundr wrote:I *really* like the idea of this shirt, but the fact that it's a primate with Maori style tattoos is a bit disconcerting. I probably wouldn't be able to buy it because of the imitation style of Maori tattoos and having them be on a monkey. (For those who don't know, the Maori are very, very territorial over their tattoos and view it as offensive for others to copy them.)


Sorry, certainly didn't mean to offend anybody, I did change the style, simplified it a bit and used the blue color to give it that blacklight effect, so it looks more like paint than a tattoo. I thought that would be enough, but apparently not. It's more along the lines of immitation being the best form or flattery... monkey see monkey do ;)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail