Derby #65: Shirt as Costume
+205

Stars Upon Thars...

Stars Upon Thars...
add a comment

Comments

eharmon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


I designed this shirt based on the great Dr. Seuss poem, "The Sneetches."

To quote:

Now the Star-bellied Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-bellied Sneetches had none upon thars.
The stars weren't so big; they were really quite small.
You would think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.

elstille


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elstille
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


Good idea, sneetches rule!

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


Why did you resubmit this? You submitted the exact same shirt 12 hours before this one. You're probably splitting your votes.

eharmon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
yankeebird wrote:Why did you resubmit this? You submitted the exact same shirt 12 hours before this one. You're probably splitting your votes.


I'm sure you're right. I decided a detail image showing a Sneetch would get more clicks (and votes.) I wish I could close the first one and transfer the votes to this one! Anyway, I'm hoping voters will vote for this one!

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
eharmon wrote:I'm sure you're right. I decided a detail image showing a Sneetch would get more clicks (and votes.) I wish I could close the first one and transfer the votes to this one! Anyway, I'm hoping voters will vote for this one!


You submitted the first one less than 24 hours ago, so you should be able to delete it. There should be an "X" up in the top right by the "tattle" button.

eharmon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


I deleted the old one. Thanks for the votes!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


I love The Sneeches. I think your design could use some Seuss-ish fur denoting a big belly, but other than that, I like.


aedemuth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aedemuth
I LOVE this shirt! i hope that it wins!




Re: Stars Upon Thars...

StewieGilligan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages StewieGilligan
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


From a young person's observation... It needs fur accents and a neck ring (of white feathers). Dr. Suess does rock though and I guess imitation is flatery.

P.S. Did you draw that star? Its really good.

eharmon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
StewieGilligan wrote:From a young person's observation... It needs fur accents and a neck ring (of white feathers). Dr. Suess does rock though and I guess imitation is flatery.

P.S. Did you draw that star? Its really good.


Thanks for the comments. I didn't think the neck ring would look right due to the "printable area" constraints. I decided to go for a simple shirt, and I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Kwatson29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


I know what this is. But I can see wearing this and my friends asking why I have a star on my shirt for Halloween. They just are not as inclined as I..

eharmon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Kwatson29 wrote:I know what this is. But I can see wearing this and my friends asking why I have a star on my shirt for Halloween. They just are not as inclined as I..


You need to ditch those friends! Just kidding...

greenriverdog


quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenriverdog
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


I like it!!! yea Dr. Seuss, When is someone going to design one about the Lorax?...such a great book!

Bernardmarx138


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bernardmarx138
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


Great shirt. I have been reading that story to my 7 month old son every night. Good luck!!

pimplobster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pimplobster
Re: Stars Upon Thars...


Mega kudos for the sneeches shirt! If this wins, everybody is invited to my house for a frankfurter party!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail