Derby #65: Shirt as Costume
+23

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
add a comment

Comments

D1C0M


quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: The Dark Knight


I like this alot. Nice idea. l o l
Votes away!

bitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
D1C0M wrote:I like this alot. Nice idea. l o l
Votes away!


Thanks alot, returned the favor

bitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz

OK, here are some close up detail images




Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bitz wrote:OK, here are some close up detail images





Well, I see a lot of detail that is finer than woot's own stated limit of 1 point, thinner than which their screens will not print.

I sized your detail of the bat's head to the shirt design size and drew a 1 point yellow line on it:


I believe that the bat, which is impressive, is just too finely detailed for a woot shirt.

bitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
Josephus wrote:Well, I see a lot of detail that is finer than woot's own stated limit of 1 point, thinner than which their screens will not print.

I sized your detail of the bat's head to the shirt design size and drew a 1 point yellow line on it:
I believe that the bat, which is impressive, is just too finely detailed for a woot shirt.


Thanks for pointing that out, this is my first entry (well technically second, I had originally submitted this as a simple vector work) so I was bound to get something wrong. I really don't think it matters anyway, mine is nowhere near as good as some of the ones on here, so it is really unlikely that I would make it into the top ten. I was just happy to enter the derby, it was fun making this too, expect to see me here with a submission every week now.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bitz wrote:Thanks for pointing that out, this is my first entry (well technically second, I had originally submitted this as a simple vector work) so I was bound to get something wrong. I really don't think it matters anyway, mine is nowhere near as good as some of the ones on here, so it is really unlikely that I would make it into the top ten. I was just happy to enter the derby, it was fun making this too, expect to see me here with a submission every week now.


I just thought you ought to know before you DO have a chance and they tell you it can't be printed. That very nearly happened to me with my Halloween shirt last year because I had too fine of detail. I finally got them a print file that they could print, so it worked. They eventually clarified their technical lower limit quite a bit after that derby. Like most of their decisions, it isn't systematically stated anywhere, so there's no way for you to know from woot. Somewhere Derek FIlley has posted an unofficial rules of the derby thread, though I couldn't find it anywhere a few days ago when I was trying to find it. Maybe someone else can bump it up or post a link?

bitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
Josephus wrote:I just thought you ought to know before you DO have a chance and they tell you it can't be printed. That very nearly happened to me with my Halloween shirt last year because I had too fine of detail. I finally got them a print file that they could print, so it worked. They eventually clarified their technical lower limit quite a bit after that derby. Like most of their decisions, it isn't systematically stated anywhere, so there's no way for you to know from woot. Somewhere Derek FIlley has posted an unofficial rules of the derby thread, though I couldn't find it anywhere a few days ago when I was trying to find it. Maybe someone else can bump it up or post a link?


Thanks for the info, I had read (most of) the unofficial rules, but missed a few things. Anyway this has been really fun so far, I was actually in a creative slump, and the derby is just what I needed to give me a kick start, now I have something else to do when I'm parked in front of the computer during Woot offs! Thanks again.

blammoed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: The Dark Knight


Wow, that's a very cool drawing. Well done.

bitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
blammoed wrote:Wow, that's a very cool drawing. Well done.


Thanks, I'm happy I did well enough to have a few shirt.woot veterans come by and check out my illustration, I love this community!

Xanzibar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: The Dark Knight


I like the detail of the bat, even if it is too fine to print.

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail