Derby #69: Miniature Worlds
+1702

Nanonauts

Nanonauts
add a comment

Comments

n7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages n7

Please Please Please Please Please PLease Please put the light back on this one. The sketch you have with the light is a bagillion times cooler, although id still buy this one id really prefer that light in there :D :D please!!!!!!!

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

n7 wrote:Please Please Please Please Please PLease Please put the light back on this one. The sketch you have with the light is a bagillion times cooler, although id still buy this one id really prefer that light in there :D :D please!!!!!!!


Sorry, I thought it looked kind of cluttered with it in there. It just feels cleaner to me without it. Thanks for the support on it though!

Poeira15


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poeira15
n7 wrote:Please Please Please Please Please PLease Please put the light back on this one. The sketch you have with the light is a bagillion times cooler, although id still buy this one id really prefer that light in there :D :D please!!!!!!!


Great design, would definitely buy/wear. Having the light was a nice touch, but it's not a deal breaker. Good luck

bryozoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: Nanonauts



I teach genetics. I *want* one.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Nanonauts


How many times have you thought, "gah I'm working on this massive DNA strand and my light just blew out. I need to get some better micro-batteries or something". I'm dekonstruct and I approve this message.

This is my way of saying I liked the light in there because I'm afraid of the dark enough to pee on myself in self defense. Which is what I tell my therapist anyway.

Paradox55


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: Nanonauts

I wasn't able to view the original comp with the lights, so don't know what I'm missing. This is another tgentry design I'd buy in a nanosecond.

Nasty73Z


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nasty73Z
Re: Nanonauts


I'm a molecular bio major and I just have to say that this design kicks ass. In for one for sure if you win!

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Nanonauts


my, my, my........wonderful. I love the lighting, quite ethereal.

great job, Travis!

lkackman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

I love this design. The placement is awesome, but I can't help but miss the little work light. GMV for sure!

clivestaples7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clivestaples7
Re: Nanonauts


I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here in saying that the work light was a very nice touch... shame to see it missing.

Oldyeller89


quality posts: 18 Private Messages Oldyeller89
clivestaples7 wrote:I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here in saying that the work light was a very nice touch... shame to see it missing.


I never saw this light, can someone post it so the rest of us can compare? There would still be enough time to resubmit and easily have all the votes.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s:
4/1/10: 2.5 lbs---2/25/10: 5.6 lbs
12/25/09: 22.4 lbs---10/28/09: 5.4 lbs
9/25/09: 8.2 lbs---4/1/09: 3.2 lbs
9/22/10: 18.4 lbs---12/1/10: 2.1 lbs

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Nanonauts


I'll go on the record (I've been watching too much West Wing) as favoring the shirt without the light. It confused me before. I had too many questions like "is that a light?" "How is it just hanging there?" "Is it suspended in some internal ooze?" "Am I full of internal ooze?" Etc.

Thus, I think it's better this way. Good luck, dude!

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Oldyeller89 wrote:I never saw this light, can someone post it so the rest of us can compare? There would still be enough time to resubmit and easily have all the votes.


It's in the other derby forum. I definitely won't be resubbing it. Like Ansharp said, it just visually didn't work and was just kind of hanging there. Also because it was so bright it took the focal point away from where it should be in the design kept pulling your eye back to it. Hopefully people will vote for it anyway, I do think the shirt is better for it.

kiz5252


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiz5252
ansharp wrote:I'll go on the record (I've been watching too much West Wing) as favoring the shirt without the light. It confused me before. I had too many questions like "is that a light?" "How is it just hanging there?" "Is it suspended in some internal ooze?" "Am I full of internal ooze?" Etc.

Thus, I think it's better this way. Good luck, dude!



I second that. Sure, the light looked neat because it was almost glowing but it didn't look like it quite fit. This is much better, awesome!

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Nanonauts


My niece is a BRILLIANT geneticist at MIT... I *WILL* buy this for her, and she'll love it!

I'll buy one for myself and my husband too... heck and my sister-in-law, too, while I'm at it!
I will have to stay up late for sure the night this wins, because I KNOW it'll be sold out by morning!!

reganrai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: Nanonauts


Great shirt! This would probably look even cooler with glow in the dark ink!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

alupnya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alupnya

They should proably just re-name this site tgentry.com.....what? I'm just sayin!

If All That Matters In This World Is Money, Then Why Is Gravity Around.

mrgordotime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrgordotime
Re: Nanonauts


Say no to LIGHT, GMV!

aradicallynewnerd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aradicallynewnerd

I <3 this so hard. I'd woot that in a second.

tommyt827


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
Re: Nanonauts


Great design. I hope it prints.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Nanonauts


tgentry, you magnificent bastard

Seriously, how do you consistently crank out so many designs full of win?

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

IndependentVik wrote:tgentry, you magnificent bastard

Seriously, how do you consistently crank out so many designs full of win?


Hahah, I honestly didn't think this would be very popular and almost didn't do a finished version of it after the initial sketch. You just never know what will hit or miss.

Stellardig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Nanonauts


Great Idea! Good job. Stellardig*

n7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages n7

I really liked the light in there a lot because it made it seem more spacious with how it was drawn in there and just really added to the entire work to make it seem more odd. idk. im definitely going to buy this one, but the light would make it just that one step cooler for me

scrotor451


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scrotor451

Pretty great. We're almost there!

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Nanonauts


im inz your DNA repairing your molec00ls

DavidShenoda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Nanonauts


I'm for the light. It still looks good, but better with it I think. It's completely a preference thing though, so no biggie. Good job.

Twistedmonkey22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22

guys, he has said he doesn't want to put the light back in. also i think it would defeat the purpose of voting for it if there were 2 versions which would take half of you away and put those votes into the one w/ the light, which might cause neither of them to be printed. and that would just be blasphemy because its such a cool shirt!!!!!!!

bradyson


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Nanonauts


I like the dark. It gives it a deep space feel. Its unfair for us amateurs to try to compete against tgentry's, but its fun.

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
Re: Nanonauts


Love the design, but why is it off center?

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

prateeko wrote:Love the design, but why is it off center?


I just personally like vertical designs off center. Otherwise it'd look like your head is a popsicle or balloon or something.

Irrelevant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: Nanonauts


that's just awesome, man.

alaskaroberts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaskaroberts
Re: Nanonauts


This is absolutely brilliant. Brilliant I say. ~

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
tgentry wrote:I just personally like vertical designs off center. Otherwise it'd look like your head is a popsicle or balloon or something.


I see. I would have thought it makes sense to be in the center of the shirt since it's central to our development and biology :p

Either way, a very nice shirt that I'll pick up when it makes through the fog.

Also, I'm kinda new to the way shirt.woot works, but do the winning artists end up getting some commission or something?

maliesiem


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maliesiem
bryozoan wrote:I teach genetics. I *want* one.


I'm in a genetics class, so I want one as well =)

Tortus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tortus
Re: Nanonauts


I love this shirt, hope it gets the next pick!

tommyt827


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
prateeko wrote:
Also, I'm kinda new to the way shirt.woot works, but do the winning artists end up getting some commission or something?


Let's get to the important part: do the winners get paid?

Of course. What kind of deadbeats do you think we are? The designers of the entries that we sell will receive $1,000 each, plus $2 for every shirt sold after the first day.

http://shirt.woot.com/WhatIsWoot.aspx

dogchainedtoapost


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogchainedtoapost

I loved this before even clicking to find out who created it. I think the implied light from the nanomoon is enough light.

AnnaJo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: Nanonauts


Damn, I love your stuff Tgentry. Wildly jealous gmv

fofmock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Nanonauts


wow... 95 votes in the past 3 hours, thats got to be at least close to, if not setting, a record high

septober


quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober
Re: Nanonauts


This is an absolutely brilliant design, from the viewpoint of a nurse, and the mother of a cancer victim. Our son had leukemia, and wanted to be an astronaut, so now his ashes orbit every 90 minutes. This definitely gets my vote. I'd buy several.

opifan64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages opifan64
Re: Nanonauts


Well, this is brilliant and perfect for the derby.

Whatintheworldisthat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Whatintheworldisthat
Re: Nanonauts


My favorite. The only one I'm voting for.

eag01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eag01

Pretty cool shirt, I'd buy it for sure

thekg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thekg
maliesiem wrote:I'm in a genetics class, so I want one as well =)


same here! We all know what really goes on in DNA repair, right? (little furry monsters come in and eat up bad bases and poop out the right ones)

NonDescript


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonDescript
Re: Nanonauts


THEY'RE CURING CANCER! <3

Quolace


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: Nanonauts


This shirt is good without the light, it just unbalances the composition somehow. This is a must-buy for me once it (hopefully) wins.

phoenixgirrl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl
Re: Nanonauts


I wish we had nanobots like this! love the colors you chose, they really pop

kdeuce


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: Nanonauts


good stuff travis. as always.

shonnelizabeth


quality posts: 7 Private Messages shonnelizabeth
Re: Nanonauts


I work in molecular genetics so I HAVE to have this shirt! Please please please!

without1username


quality posts: 0 Private Messages without1username
Re: Nanonauts


I just bought my first shirt and my first ever vote went to this clever design!
I'm a Bio student and this is definitely a necessity!

manbean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manbean

I love these little DNA repair astronauts. There's no doubt I'll be buying this one if it goes to print.

I hope they have some ligases on hand to fix the breaks in the backbone though ;)

wako


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wako
Re: Nanonauts




TOTALLY in for one...


too bad some stupid carp is going to win instead

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
wako wrote:TOTALLY in for one...


too bad some stupid carp is going to win instead


I really doubt it. Every time I check, this has the most votes in the hotness. Unless things change in the next few days, this should be the top vote getter (and deservedly so).

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Nanonauts


tgentry, I think I remember from the other thread, this shirt is Navy, correct?

(sorry, my monitor is dark-natured)...

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: Nanonauts


Again, really nice. I always love your choices and use of colour. The placement is perfect as well. GMV.

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
septober wrote:This is an absolutely brilliant design, from the viewpoint of a nurse, and the mother of a cancer victim. Our son had leukemia, and wanted to be an astronaut, so now his ashes orbit every 90 minutes. This definitely gets my vote. I'd buy several.


Wow, that's beautiful. I hope this shirt gets made just for you.

capttylor34


quality posts: 0 Private Messages capttylor34
Re: Nanonauts


Fantastic entry. Really like it. Good job tgentry. Have to say I'm a fan of the off-center designs, you just don't see very many of them here on woot. Though, I kinda wish it were a little further to the side though. Just below the middle of your shoulder; and perhaps the DNA could have reached further towards the bottom of the shirt. But over all nicely done.

redandgold


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redandgold
Re: Nanonauts


do want!

bethlehemstarr


quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Re: Nanonauts


I keep hoping that I will look at the derby entries one week and hate absolutely every shirt. So far, I have had very poor luck- some darn good arteests enter into these derbies (plus some that I just find plain funny!)
This is yet another shirt that I am fairly sure will contribute to my impending bankruptcy!
GMV!
Absolutely beautiful design, and I would definitely wear it.

penclskrt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages penclskrt
Re: Nanonauts


excellent concept, excellent execution.

sarajean80


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarajean80
Re: Nanonauts

I would LOVE one of these!

paulhep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep
Very cool!

VOTE supermegavirus

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

Benjay89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benjay89
Re: Nanonauts


Love this deisgn, well done good sir

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Nanonauts


Ah! This is really good! I'm sure it was much better with the light, though. You should probably e-mail woot and tell them that you're withdrawing this one. I'm sure when you resubmit with the light, you'll get all your votes back. There's plenty of time!

I kid, I kid. Great design


heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
septober wrote:This is an absolutely brilliant design, from the viewpoint of a nurse, and the mother of a cancer victim. Our son had leukemia, and wanted to be an astronaut, so now his ashes orbit every 90 minutes. This definitely gets my vote. I'd buy several.


An amazing story and a very cool design. I love the color palette and the concept. The purples really make it pop.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:Ah! This is really good! I'm sure it was much better with the light, though. You should probably e-mail woot and tell them that you're withdrawing this one. I'm sure when you resubmit with the light, you'll get all your votes back. There's plenty of time!


I lawled something fierce--good to have you back, Boots!

Thanks for sharing the details of your probation with us, as I'm sure there was much speculation going on as to the details (at least, if everyone else here has as little of a life as I do . . . ).

There _is_ a strangely puritanical bent here sometimes. I think the only time I've ever gotten hit w/ the probation hammer was when i went around the filter to use the other word for rooster that can also be used to describe the male anatomy. Yes, I was using it as sort of a double-entendre, so it wasn't purely innocent, but the shirt being discussed had a rooster on it, so it was on-topic! (and, more importantly, funny).

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
IndependentVik wrote:I lawled something fierce--good to have you back, Boots!

Thanks for sharing the details of your probation with us, as I'm sure there was much speculation going on as to the details (at least, if everyone else here has as little of a life as I do . . . ).

There _is_ a strangely puritanical bent here sometimes. I think the only time I've ever gotten hit w/ the probation hammer was when i went around the filter to use the other word for rooster that can also be used to describe the male anatomy. Yes, I was using it as sort of a double-entendre, so it wasn't purely innocent, but the shirt being discussed had a rooster on it, so it was on-topic! (and, more importantly, funny).


Yes, yes. I'm sure the virtual world was all a twitter. "Mavis, did you hear? Did you HEAR?" I'm glad I'm back too. It's very hard to not be able to say something when you want to. Especially when you're talking about roosters, I imagine. Those damn Puritans.

Sorry to hijack the comments on your design, TG. To you, I still say: WITHDRAW!


IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:Yes, yes. I'm sure the virtual world was all a twitter. "Mavis, did you hear? Did you HEAR?"

Wow, my real-life name is Mavis! COINCIDENCE?!

(fact-check™: no one born since nineteen-aught-four has been named "Mavis", so I am obviously lying)

BootsBoots wrote:Sorry to hijack the comments on your design, TG. To you, I still say: WITHDRAW!

Travis, I too apologize for engaging in verbal shenanigans in your thread. That being said, I second the call: WITHDRAW. If you do not do so in the next 6 hours, I will put well-known hero cop John McClane through a series of increasingly excruciating/torturous tasks for no other reason other than that they are terribly amusing. Failure to comply will likely mean McClane will never make good with his beautiful ex-wife.

You don't want that on your head, man. You just don't.

paulhep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

DNA astronaut! Brilliant

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

paulhep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

Neat, this one should win, and so should Supermegavirus. If you're cool you'll go vote for Supermegavirus.

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

Goch


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Goch
Re: Nanonauts


GENIUS!

thegunn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegunn
Re: Nanonauts


I'm a bioengineering student, and I discovered this today while applying for a NASA internship. I made me so very, very happy! GMV

septober


quality posts: 0 Private Messages septober
ansharp wrote:Wow, that's beautiful. I hope this shirt gets made just for you.


Thank you.

partypope


quality posts: 0 Private Messages partypope

This shirt definitely gets my vote. Very Creative. The color fits perfectly.

parilous


quality posts: 1 Private Messages parilous
Re: Nanonauts


This will be the first woot shirt that I've bought for myself. Usually, they go to my 12-year old niece. Now, we'll have matching shirts... GMV!


forddj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages forddj

I'm def in for at least two. Love this!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Nanonauts


I have not said this of any design in a long time, but travis, if you win, I am IN FOR TWO baby!

Kicking myself for not thinking of anything remotely this cool...

Twistedmonkey22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
Re: Nanonauts


please please pleaseeee let this one get printed!!!!! it looks like its getting less popular dang those people of the fireflies!!!

kriscad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
prateeko wrote:I see. I would have thought it makes sense to be in the center of the shirt since it's central to our development and biology :p


Who cares?
No one. No one cares about your idea, and no one thinks it's cleverer, and trust me, NO ONE would prefer to have you designing this shirt.

That might be the worst reason ever to put something in the center of something else.

- "Hey, why does your shirt look like carp?"
- "Oh, because genetics are central to our development and biology so I had to put it here."
- "Oh...that's really, really stupid."

We all appreciate your input.

Twistedmonkey22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
lwoodnj wrote:Who cares?
No one. No one cares about your idea, and no one thinks it's cleverer, and trust me, NO ONE would prefer to have you designing this shirt.

That might be the worst reason ever to put something in the center of something else.

- "Hey, why does your shirt look like carp?"
- "Oh, because genetics are central to our development and biology so I had to put it here."
- "Oh...that's really, really stupid."

We all appreciate your input.


you know you don't have to be so harsh, its a neat idea, although not applicable to the coolness of this shirt.

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
lwoodnj wrote:Who cares?
No one. No one cares about your idea, and no one thinks it's cleverer, and trust me, NO ONE would prefer to have you designing this shirt.

That might be the worst reason ever to put something in the center of something else.

- "Hey, why does your shirt look like carp?"
- "Oh, because genetics are central to our development and biology so I had to put it here."
- "Oh...that's really, really stupid."

We all appreciate your input.


New and rude, what a combo!

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
prateeko wrote:New and rude, what a combo!


Oh, I didn't realize you were one of the wise elders of Woot. That, of course, makes your opinion on the placement of the art on the shirt completely justified, because whether or not it's a terrible idea matters far less than how much of your self-esteem is invested in the Woot community. Don't try to under cut my opinion on something to which time spent on this site has no relevance by bringing up issues of "new and old" members. I think your comment was ridiculous and, at the least, borderline rude. No one needs to hear backhanded compliments criticizing their choices, and certainly they don't need to hear further WHY you think they're wrong, while you pretend to just be voicing an opinion on it.

Old and arrogant, what a combo!

Have a nice day!

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
lwoodnj wrote:Oh, I didn't realize you were one of the wise elders of Woot. That, of course, makes your opinion on the placement of the art on the shirt completely justified, because whether or not it's a terrible idea matters far less than how much of your self-esteem is invested in the Woot community. Don't try to under cut my opinion on something to which time spent on this site has no relevance by bringing up issues of "new and old" members. I think your comment was ridiculous and, at the least, borderline rude. No one needs to hear backhanded compliments criticizing their choices, and certainly they don't need to hear further WHY you think they're wrong, while you pretend to just be voicing an opinion on it.

Old and arrogant, what a combo!

Have a nice day!


Time invested in woot? I've purchased 4 items across all woot sites and barely have more posts than you. Clearly my investment and self-worth derived from woot is huge. Your opinion was more of an unnecessary rude comment than anything and I responded by being blunt and sarcastic. No arrogance (or age since you have no idea how old I am and I don't use woot much) is involved.

I love the shirt idea and didn't give a backhanded criticism (I asked the designer a legit question and he answered - let's ask him if he was offended by anything I said since his opinion is the one that really matters). Not sure why you're coming on just to flame me and tell me my legitimate question and suggestion (the audacity of suggesting how a design element could be different!) is anything but constructive criticism. It's a forum and discussion about the design. It's where questions, suggestions, and opinions are voiced. Surprisingly enough, we all don't agree or may have different opinions as to what the best way a shirt/design could go. Doesn't mean we can come on and be asses to each other because we disagree with other choices (this part's related to your initial attack at me).

But whatever, sometimes I guess the phrase "obvious troll is obvious" holds very true.

(And thank you, I will have a nice day and a nice night when I buy this shirt!)

lwoodnj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
prateeko wrote:Time invested in woot? I've purchased 4 items across all woot sites and barely have more posts than you. Clearly my investment and self-worth derived from woot is huge. Your opinion was more of an unnecessary rude comment than anything and I responded by being blunt and sarcastic. No arrogance (or age since you have no idea how old I am and I don't use woot much) is involved.

I love the shirt idea and didn't give a backhanded criticism (I asked the designer a legit question and he answered - let's ask him if he was offended by anything I said since his opinion is the one that really matters). Not sure why you're coming on just to flame me and tell me my legitimate question and suggestion (the audacity of suggesting how a design element could be different!) is anything but constructive criticism. It's a forum and discussion about the design. It's where questions, suggestions, and opinions are voiced. Surprisingly enough, we all don't agree or may have different opinions as to what the best way a shirt/design could go. Doesn't mean we can come on and be asses to each other because we disagree with other choices (this part's related to your initial attack at me).

But whatever, sometimes I guess the phrase "obvious troll is obvious" holds very true.

(And thank you, I will have a nice day and a nice night when I buy this shirt!)


I'm going to say you handled me well there, came off looking good.
In the same vein of honesty, I stand behind my original statements, still.
But honesty is my MO, and credit where credit is due: You could have collapsed like a dying star, but I think we'd all agree you did not.

I'll continue to defend the artists who will look like dicks if they reply harshly to dumb commentary though. Until I get bored. Which could be tomorrow.

Enjoy.

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
lwoodnj wrote:I'm going to say you handled me well there, came off looking good.
In the same vein of honesty, I stand behind my original statements, still.
But honesty is my MO, and credit where credit is due: You could have collapsed like a dying star, but I think we'd all agree you did not.

I'll continue to defend the artists who will look like dicks if they reply harshly to dumb commentary though. Until I get bored. Which could be tomorrow.

Enjoy.


Defend the artists against people like me? I love this design and said so to the designer. I asked him why he didn't center it because that's what I would have done (imagine I being bolded, not sure how to do that on Woot). I'm used to centered designs and the symbolism of DNA being central to life is the other reason I would have done it had I designed the shirt.

Obviously, I still love the design and the design choice was the artists (and explained by him). I'm all for defending artists (or better yet letting them speak freely without losing votes because people think they're mean) but it really seems to me you targeted me without real cause since I'm not attacking the design(er)...

Hell, I'm checking back at 1 (EST) because I want this shirt and I think it's going to sell out, which should tell you how I feel about it.

prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
lwoodnj wrote:
Enjoy.

I did, two of them (apparently before anyone else!)

"Nanonauts
ongoing sale: 7265 (live in 23h 54m)
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: prateeko
Speed to first woot: 0m 5.687s"

:D

AgentSmith5150


quality posts: 2 Private Messages AgentSmith5150

I love this design massively (nanonauts). I didn't see the one with a worklight in it, but I run ideas through my mind of some kind of visible source of light pictured here and it just doesn't work. I think this design is just right in it's quiet simplicity. When you look at it you're drawn into it as if this is what i actually happening inside your own body.

Keep up the good work

cestletyler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cestletyler
re: nanonauts



Sooooo I got this as a tattoo. It's fantastic. I'm a Physics teacher and aside from little astronauts making cute things, the similiarities between our inner space and the outer space are quite startling. Anyway I think it came out great.


cestletyler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cestletyler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/tylerroxursoxoff/tattoo.jpg

for the whole thing, I didn't realize it would get cropped haha.

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
cestletyler wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/tylerroxursoxoff/tattoo.jpg

for the whole thing, I didn't realize it would get cropped haha.

That turned out great! Did you PM TGentry the pic? He may not see your post.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
cestletyler wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/tylerroxursoxoff/tattoo.jpg

for the whole thing, I didn't realize it would get cropped haha.


Haha TG, wow....you get Sun Wukong on the millionth Woot shirt announced last week and now someone gets a tattoo of Nanonauts (which looks great by the way). One of these days you're going to get yourself your own Wikipedia entry.

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus

Bah double post

cestletyler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cestletyler
MHBoston wrote:That turned out great! Did you PM TGentry the pic? He may not see your post.


I actually emailed him to get permission to use it as a tattoo and sent him the pictures directly. He suggested I post it up on here.

also, Thanks! I think it looks fantastic.

arcsus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
cestletyler wrote:I actually emailed him to get permission to use it as a tattoo and sent him the pictures directly. He suggested I post it up on here.

also, Thanks! I think it looks fantastic.


Very cool. Maybe you should post this in the world of woot shirts forum. I don't think too many will see it here.

jeffreyd73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreyd73
tgentry wrote:Sorry, I thought it looked kind of cluttered with it in there. It just feels cleaner to me without it. Thanks for the support on it though!


i really really really need to buy another nanonaut shirt. how would i do that?

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail