Derby #74: One Continuous Line
+469

continuous solitude

continuous solitude
add a comment

Comments

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

This is it, folks. Thanks for the fun. If anyone wants a closeup I'll post it.

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: continuous solitude


attractive! my favorite of the derby. :D

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
jimiyo wrote:attractive! my favorite of the derby. :D


awesome-o jimiy-o! it's so odd seeing you here! thanks for your comment, glad you like it.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: continuous solitude


Great feel to the design, artulo. Beautiful work.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

turner05


quality posts: 0 Private Messages turner05
Re: continuous solitude


THIS MUST WIN!! I have a friend this is perfect for!

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
artulo wrote:awesome-o jimiy-o! it's so odd seeing you here! thanks for your comment, glad you like it.


i followed a link from this other site i troll at... :D

Quolace


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: continuous solitude


Wow. With all the little detailed lines, this shirt is strangely relaxing. It's like looking at a carving or something.

windsong137


quality posts: 0 Private Messages windsong137

Now THAT is awesome.

riffmaster18


quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: continuous solitude


nice one!


Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: continuous solitude


Beautiful, artulo. It's just as intricate as your phoenix and, imho, even more wearable. Definitely GMV.

haydawn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haydawn

I love it!!!!

alh8422


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alh8422
Re: continuous solitude


love the color choices, voted~

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Wow! Thanks everyone for the huge number of votes and nice comments.

FancyDad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FancyDad
Re: continuous solitude


your a machine. Great job



uglyfatjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uglyfatjoe
Re: continuous solitude


Very nice.

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: continuous solitude


I was so anxious to see your entries as soon as I saw the derby theme this week. And you have not disappointed in the least. Beautiful, they both are. And a shame they aren't doing better. Shaaaaame!

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: continuous solitude


Glad to see this one steadily climbing the charts. Beautiful work, artulo. I love the color combination on this one.

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: continuous solitude

Very nice. Wow, can you imagine how great this would look in gold foil?


artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
theinfinityloop wrote:Very nice. Wow, can you imagine how great this would look in gold foil?


Thanks! That'd be tight with the gold foil or metallic ink. Maybe I'll pitch another to woot as a daily, since 1) they won't use special inks for derby entries, and 2) this doesn't look like it'll print anyway.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
theinfinityloop wrote:Very nice. Wow, can you imagine how great this would look in gold foil?


I imagine how good it would look in the fog, beating out some of the suck in there

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: continuous solitude


Wooooooooooooo moar votes plz kthx!

FRamsden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FRamsden

Wow. I've purchased several woot tees and never participated in the woot derbies but this is the sickest shirt I've yet seen on the site. I sincerely hope you win so that I have the opportunity to buy one.

Good Luck!

SaritaBeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Re: continuous solitude


beautiful. I agree that it does look like a carving. it has such a zen feel to it, so so so pretty. I want this to win in the worst way, will be in for 3 if it does. please consider submitting it for a daily or printing it elsewhere if it doesn't make it.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

mlovesr


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: continuous solitude


I love the design detail in your tree! Absolutely beautiful! GMV :-)

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: continuous solitude

Remembering line rhino, I thought of you when the derby was announced, and you didn't disappoint. The continuous line thing even kinda makes sense here if you're thinking zen garden. With one line, one width, you've covered architectural and organic shapes of different textures, in a cohesive design no less, and that's pretty cool.

abelleauc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
artulo wrote:This is it, folks. Thanks for the fun. If anyone wants a closeup I'll post it.


redghia69 is exactly right. This is a real delight.

So, I probably just missed it, but I didn't see the closeup. Did you post it?

Thanks for all the beautiful designs.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
abelleauc wrote:redghia69 is exactly right. This is a real delight.

So, I probably just missed it, but I didn't see the closeup. Did you post it?

Thanks for all the beautiful designs.


I hadn't posted a larger version yet. I'll make one up and have it available.

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: continuous solitude


So glad to see this still in the hotness. It needs to keep on grooving up the charts. Go go, solituuuude!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
SpastasticNomadic wrote:So glad to see this still in the hotness. It needs to keep on grooving up the charts. Go go, solituuuude!


Thanks! It'd be an awfully nice Christmas present to have this end Thursday up in the fog.

MrMcNoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMcNoot
Re: continuous solitude


Hey Artulo, you mentioned posting a closeup? Would you mind putting one up?

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
MrMcNoot wrote:Hey Artulo, you mentioned posting a closeup? Would you mind putting one up?


1440x900...perfect for wallpaper! Anyone checking my work?? ;)

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
redghia69 wrote:The continuous line thing even kinda makes sense here if you're thinking zen garden. With one line, one width, you've covered architectural and organic shapes of different textures, in a cohesive design no less, and that's pretty cool.


That's a great analysis, red. Agreed on all counts.

I'm really pulling for this design, artulo. Here's hoping you get your xmas miracle

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
redghia69 wrote:Remembering line rhino, I thought of you when the derby was announced, and you didn't disappoint. The continuous line thing even kinda makes sense here if you're thinking zen garden. With one line, one width, you've covered architectural and organic shapes of different textures, in a cohesive design no less, and that's pretty cool.


Great way of thinking about this design! I appreciate your insight and nice commentary.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
IndependentVik wrote:That's a great analysis, red. Agreed on all counts.

I'm really pulling for this design, artulo. Here's hoping you get your xmas miracle


Thanks, it's a longshot for sure.

Meh6969


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meh6969
Re: continuous solitude


By far the most creative and awesome shirt I have seen on woot in a long time. It's a shame that it is not in the top 4 as it definitely deserves it!

I have no idea why the same type of shirts are constantly voted into the top 4...so many amazing designs are outdone by horrible shirts. Guess that is the price of democracy!

Again, I love the shirt. If it wins I'm definitely buying!

kennube


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
Re: continuous solitude

I keep coming back to this one a couple of times a day just to look at it some more... and to hope to see it higher in the standings. please start climbing, solitude! there's not much time left :-(

Quolace


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: continuous solitude


If this doesn't win I will never buy another bird shirt. ...it's not like I was going to wear one with a tiger anyway.\

Ironically, this shirt has a bird too, but it's not based AROUND a phoenix, raven, etcetera.

MrMcNoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMcNoot
artulo wrote:1440x900...perfect for wallpaper! Anyone checking my work?? ;)


Thaks a lot.

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: continuous solitude


At least I got a beautiful wallpaper from this one. I was really hoping this would dart up the charts at the end.

If you do end up putting this up somewhere else, please let us know. Would love to see this printed.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
SpastasticNomadic wrote:At least I got a beautiful wallpaper from this one. I was really hoping this would dart up the charts at the end.

If you do end up putting this up somewhere else, please let us know. Would love to see this printed.


I'll probably fix it up a bit (there are some parts bothering me) then sub it at DBH, since it didn't receive an hm from woot. They can do metallic gold there. Whenever I have new designs up they're posted in my blog. Look for it next year sometime to at least vote on. Thanks for your interest.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
artulo wrote:I'll probably fix it up a bit (there are some parts bothering me) then sub it at DBH, since it didn't receive an hm from woot. They can do metallic gold there. Whenever I have new designs up they're posted in my blog. Look for it next year sometime to at least vote on. Thanks for your interest.


Please make a public announcement in a post or in your sig if it gets printed. I've never purchased anything from DBH and this design would be very tempting, especially with metallic gold...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail