Derby #76: Beginning

An Artist's Beginning

Clever.

Rejected because: Clever.

add a comment

Comments

nayavin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nayavin
Re: An Artist's Beginning

The supreme blank canvass, a window to the rest of the world, an outlet into our very existence: A blank tee shirt. Beautifully toned with white, this entry delivers all aspects of the beginning, both figuratively and literally. White, the absence of color, the absence of progress, shows us all that we can feel within ourselves, all that we can make of ourselves, and all that we can do with ourselves.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
nayavin wrote:The supreme blank canvass, a window to the rest of the world, an outlet into our very existence: A blank tee shirt. Beautifully toned with white, this entry delivers all aspects of the beginning, both figuratively and literally. White, the absence of color, the absence of progress, shows us all that we can feel within ourselves, all that we can make of ourselves, and all that we can do with ourselves.


good luck with that.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

if you submitted a black shirt it'd get rejected for having too many colors. ;>

xxchange


quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: An Artist's Beginning


Do you know how long I sat there, waiting for the image for this shirt to load, looking at all the other shirts' little icon thingies, but this one was still never there? So finally I clicked on it.

HAH! Such a waste of time.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: An Artist's Beginning


What does a white rabbit in a show storm have to do with a beginning? Or is this the cow eating grass picture? He ate all the grass then left.

viper88c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
xxchange wrote:Do you know how long I sat there, waiting for the image for this shirt to load, looking at all the other shirts' little icon thingies, but this one was still never there? So finally I clicked on it.

HAH! Such a waste of time.


I did the same thing.... made me so mad.

ISO30


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: An Artist's Beginning


So is the reason going to be "Haha, I get it" or "Don't be a jerkface, jerkface"...?

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ISO30 wrote:So is the reason going to be "Haha, I get it" or "Don't be a jerkface, jerkface"...?


I vote for, "not this time"
-Only commenting because I was the original jerkface.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
xxchange wrote:Do you know how long I sat there, waiting for the image for this shirt to load, looking at all the other shirts' little icon thingies, but this one was still never there? So finally I clicked on it.

HAH! Such a waste of time.


Got me too!

wils9745


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wils9745
dekonstruct wrote:Got me too!


Thanks for managing to glide under the already unbelievably low bar for worthless submissions!

a2theharris wrote:At first it looks like blood spurting out, but then you do a double take and you get the cuteness.


Awesome Entries!

sfabro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
Re: An Artist's Beginning


dont designs like this already exist? i think theyre made by a little company named Hanes.

great job!

dest581


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dest581

It would be excellent if shirt.woot! sold woot!-branded AA blanks for a day, but I'd buy a more interesting color than white :P

fwed1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fwed1
dest581 wrote:It would be excellent if shirt.woot! sold woot!-branded AA blanks for a day, but I'd buy a more interesting color than white :P


They did, it failed.

They sold about 300-400?

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
wils9745 wrote:Thanks for managing to glide under the already unbelievably low bar for worthless submissions!


How about some constructive criticism? Making fun of the submission does nothing to better the artist.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
smedgrick wrote:How about some constructive criticism? Making fun of the submission does nothing to better the artist.


Technically, no constructive criticism can be given when there is no design to constructively criticize.

Constructive criticism: When entering a design contest, make sure to enter a design. A blank canvas does not count.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
eHalcyon wrote:Technically, no constructive criticism can be given when there is no design to constructively criticize.

Constructive criticism: When entering a design contest, make sure to enter a design. A blank canvas does not count.


That's what I'm talking about. If everyone had something helpful to say, then train-wrecks like this could be avoided.

Constructive criticism: you should draw a tree, perhaps something like this?

dopey5007


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
byrbwr wrote:if you submitted a black shirt it'd get rejected for having too many colors. ;>


Actually Black is no color and white is the sum of all colors


~D

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
dopey5007 wrote:Actually Black is no color and white is the sum of all colors


I thought this too, but that's only true of light. With paint/printing/pigments (something like that), black is the sum of all colours and white is the absence. XP

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:I thought this too, but that's only true of light. With paint/printing/pigments (something like that), black is the sum of all colours and white is the absence. XP


Sort of like how CMYK is used for regular printing, but in screenprinting it's not. And yet every two-bit designwhore out there seems to think using it alone is enough to create a printable shirt (worse still, most sites agree)

ejbilynsky


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejbilynsky
smedgrick wrote:That's what I'm talking about. If everyone had something helpful to say, then train-wrecks like this could be avoided.

Constructive criticism: you should draw a tree, perhaps something like this?


Why'd you draw a mushroom cloud ? Thats more like the end, not the beginning...

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail