Derby #80: Double-Take Derby 4
+683

Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason

Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason
add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Good luck, I fully expect this to win, and also easily outsell the Van Gogh piece that knocked it out of 3rd

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Go Geekfactor!!! You can win this time... And regardless of what they said, both Van Gogh and this were the best of that week.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


This was definitely robbed last time. REDEMPTION!!!

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Go Dinosaurs! Crush the capitalist pig-dogs... or perhaps capitalist synapsid-dogs would be the better term.

ANagler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ANagler
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


This must win this time.

DavidShenoda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Evolve or Die! Good job and good luck this week.

rglee129


quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


It makes very little sense on one level, yet it completely works. Great integration of design colors with the shirt color, and great pattern to keep it fresh. Boffo!

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

this is hideous on every level and the dragon is drawn so poorly. let's please not have this one win when there are so many other (well, a few) worthy designs.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
byrbwr wrote:this is hideous on every level and the dragon is drawn so poorly. let's please not have this one win when there are so many other (well, a few) worthy designs.


Dragon? What dragon?

terraguy


quality posts: 6 Private Messages terraguy
byrbwr wrote:this is hideous on every level and the dragon is drawn so poorly. let's please not have this one win when there are so many other (well, a few) worthy designs.


If you don't mind me asking...what dragon?

skibbereengirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason

The title cracks me up as much as the design. Very well done. Good luck in the derby!

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
byrbwr wrote:this is hideous on every level and the dragon is drawn so poorly. let's please not have this one win when there are so many other (well, a few) worthy designs.






sfabro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


ha ha, still get a chuckle out of this one

great job!

JustJiggles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

slomer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

If I didn't basically hate red shirts I would so buy this. wtb in black with the logo in red. kthx.

marypuppe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marypuppe
slomer wrote:If I didn't basically hate red shirts I would so buy this. wtb in black with the logo in red. kthx.


I'm not that into red shirts either.....but I noticed the other day that I don't have very many....

I'm thinking about this.

I'm picky, I just don't always express it

Vote on Threadless!:

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

lokklyn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
byrbwr wrote:this is hideous on every level and the dragon is drawn so poorly. let's please not have this one win when there are so many other (well, a few) worthy designs.

THOSE DRAGONS DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE DRAGONS, THEY'RE SO HIDEOUS.
Yours is my favorite post this week. I don't care if it's in jest or not. You win.


edit: More on topic — what worries me about the shirt is that it looks like a greenish-brown ink on my monitor. That has the potential to print really disgustingly. :'( i'm concerned.

omninull


quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

End McCarthyism, vote for this shirt!

gtvsa


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gtvsa
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


If this prints (as it should, I wanted it the first time around), we should all wear them and converge on our respective (or a commonly chosen) capitol/government building, holding a rally for People who Wear Communist Dinosaurs on their chests for Some Reason. Just a thought.

SaritaBeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I never wear red, as it clashes with my strawberry blond hair. I would so make an exception for this shirt. must have it. plus if it doesn't win Pepper has threatened us all with great harm. and I believe her. O_O

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

kcman011


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011

If this doesn't place...shoot me.

thembfam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thembfam
SaritaBeth wrote:I never wear red, as it clashes with my strawberry blond hair. I would so make an exception for this shirt. must have it. plus if it doesn't win Pepper has threatened us all with great harm. and I believe her. O_O


I just have to ask. Why is everyone so into the Communist dinos shirt? I get it. It's quirky. It's strange. It's different. But I do not think I will ever get it. I can't seem to find it amusing in the slightest and it's not particularly attractive as a shirt. Not being mean, just wanna know. What is it about this shirt that makes everyone want to trade in their firstborn for it?

tenieldjo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

Glad this is in the fog! A lot of great designs in this double-take, but this is the only one I could really see myself wearing.

tenieldjo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
thembfam wrote:I just have to ask. Why is everyone so into the Communist dinos shirt? I get it. It's quirky. It's strange. It's different. But I do not think I will ever get it. I can't seem to find it amusing in the slightest and it's not particularly attractive as a shirt. Not being mean, just wanna know. What is it about this shirt that makes everyone want to trade in their firstborn for it?


Well, you hit the nail on the head! Quirky, strange, different... I personally like how he did the dinosaurs, but I suppose everyone has their own reasons. Also, I don't really like children and wish more web sites would allow me to use them as currency!

SaritaBeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
thembfam wrote:I just have to ask. Why is everyone so into the Communist dinos shirt? I get it. It's quirky. It's strange. It's different. But I do not think I will ever get it. I can't seem to find it amusing in the slightest and it's not particularly attractive as a shirt. Not being mean, just wanna know. What is it about this shirt that makes everyone want to trade in their firstborn for it?


mmm well I can only speak for myself. I love the title, the concept..like planet of the apes only communist dinosaurs. I love the placement and design. its very wearable. I have been way into a videogame lately (my very first 1st person shooter WOOT) in which I get to be Russian...and what sells it for me is the Evolve at the bottom. the whole thing is just so cool. I want to wear it when I teach a unit on Russia next week. just to make the kids think "what would have happened if the dinosaurs were communist for some reason?" I wouldn't go so far as to trade my first born for it (though he is a stinky 14 year old, so many times I want to GIVE him away) but I do plan to dress him in this shirt, flaming red hair and all cause it is just rockin to wear commie dinos to school.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

kwilder


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
tenieldjo wrote:Also, I don't really like children and wish more web sites would allow me to use them as currency!


This certainly ranks hing in my list of funniest things read on woot boards. Thank you.

Continue your march to the top, dinosaurs!

Copo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
SaritaBeth wrote:mmm well I can only speak for myself. I love the title, the concept..like planet of the apes only communist dinosaurs. I love the placement and design. its very wearable. I have been way into a videogame lately (my very first 1st person shooter WOOT) in which I get to be Russian...and what sells it for me is the Evolve at the bottom. the whole thing is just so cool. I want to wear it when I teach a unit on Russia next week. just to make the kids think "what would have happened if the dinosaurs were communist for some reason?" I wouldn't go so far as to trade my first born for it (though he is a stinky 14 year old, so many times I want to GIVE him away) but I do plan to dress him in this shirt, flaming red hair and all cause it is just rockin to wear commie dinos to school.


The communists lose.





Spoiler Alert.

bradyson


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Copo wrote:The communists lose.





Spoiler Alert.


Comerade... we haven't played communists and socialists yet...

mrex99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrex99
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I love this design, GMV again

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
kcman011 wrote:If this doesn't place...shoot me.

Where do you live?

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


my bf was bummed this wasnt printed the first go-around. i'm not telling him its back up, and if this places, im getting it for him. he's gonna flip out.

GMV

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

dankoni


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankoni

I voted for this in the Alt History derby, but I've fallen out of love with it now. Something about wearing dinosaurs just doesn't appeal to me, but I really like the design and color. I just wish that damn communist m&m shirt would have won!

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
AdderXYU wrote:This was definitely robbed last time. REDEMPTION!!!


Pretty much sums it up ...

weDIDitYOUguys


quality posts: 0 Private Messages weDIDitYOUguys
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I love this shirt. Hope it wins so I can buy it and get a vote!

bandit8463


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit8463

I'm normally a fan of off-center, small-ish, cute designs. However, I friggin love this shirt. It might be the title that does it for me, but I think it's hilarious. Good luck, I'm quite sure you don't need it.

kcman011


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
mjc613 wrote:Where do you live?


Moscow. ;)

SarahPants5


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
kcman011 wrote:Moscow. ;)


So...if this doesn't win, you wanna get shot, if it does win and you buy it...you'll get shot? How do you win? ;D

I want to buy this for my friends. Or tell them to buy it for themselves. We'll see how my finances look when it's for sale.

kcman011


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
SarahPants5 wrote:So...if this doesn't win, you wanna get shot, if it does win and you buy it...you'll get shot? How do you win? ;D

I want to buy this for my friends. Or tell them to buy it for themselves. We'll see how my finances look when it's for sale.


My finances are starting to look bleak after discovering woot. Pretty soon I'll have a black box under my name. LMAO.

ratamadiddle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratamadiddle
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason



Of all the shirts I have seen on this site, this one is by far the worst one that has been in contention for votes. PLEASE PLEASE lets not see this one win.

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
ratamadiddle wrote:Of all the shirts I have seen on this site, this one is by far the worst one that has been in contention for votes. PLEASE PLEASE lets not see this one win.


why do you hate dragons?

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
kcman011 wrote:My finances are starting to look bleak after discovering woot. Pretty soon I'll have a black box under my name. LMAO.

But every time and envelope or box shows up from woot, you will be so happy.

Speaking from experience.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
ratamadiddle wrote:Of all the shirts I have seen on this site, this one is by far the worst one that has been in contention for votes. PLEASE PLEASE lets not see this one win.


I totally disagree. It has a shirt color that is very vibrant and isn't used often. It is well drawn. Both dinosaurs and Communist logos used to sell well at woot before the demographic started supporting more anime. Some people are voting for it because of its very funny title. That's been known to happen.

IMO, there are worse items in and near the fog. Your mileage may vary.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


this shirt is so bad ass! i will definitely have a tantrum (again) if this doesn't win!!!!! it's epic FUN! GF RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Copo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


They don't need help. They are not invalids.

superfo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfo

knepute


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knepute
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I need this shirt...it is a PERFECT present for a friend for his birthday. The guy wrote his master's thesis on communism. I wanted to cry when it got bumped.

extraimagination


quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraimagination

folkkevi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
extraimagination wrote:I....I don't get it...


There is no decent, or even understandable pun or gag here, nor is the execution anything special..

In summation, I don't get it either.

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
extraimagination wrote:I....I don't get it...

You don't have to 'get' it to love it...

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

rcarrigan2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcarrigan2
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Favorite of the double take. Really hope it gets top 3, cuz I have to have it.

firasion


quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


i don't understand the appeal of this shirt...

ddollas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddollas

r4diant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages r4diant

nice artwork.however, would never wear this shirt in a million years. too nerdy

faultylogic83


quality posts: 2 Private Messages faultylogic83
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


This was the first derby that i got to vote in, and i believe this was the first to get my vote. Can't wait to buy it this time around.

tricityladytn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tricityladytn
gtvsa wrote:If this prints (as it should, I wanted it the first time around), we should all wear them and converge on our respective (or a commonly chosen) capitol/government building, holding a rally for People who Wear Communist Dinosaurs on their chests for Some Reason. Just a thought.


I don't like this design; I didn't like it the first time (although the title cracks me up), but you might be onto something here. Where I work, there is a lot of pressure to "Wear red on Fridays" in support of "The troops." This would be a hilarious alternative to the typical "screaming eagle" shirt so many people tend to wear.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
tricityladytn wrote:I don't like this design; I didn't like it the first time (although the title cracks me up), but you might be onto something here. Where I work, there is a lot of pressure to "Wear red on Fridays" in support of "The troops." This would be a hilarious alternative to the typical "screaming eagle" shirt so many people tend to wear.


Now THAT's funny.

bhsuzycue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhsuzycue
Re: Lion's Pride


Please vote for the lion also - you gotta love a lion with a comb-over! I really want the lion shirt!!! : - )

fofmock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
r4diant wrote:nice artwork.however, would never wear this shirt in a million years. too nerdy


How can you say this is too nerdy and have the cake is a liar in your signature? Sounds like someone is being a little hypocritical :P

r4diant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages r4diant
fofmock wrote:How can you say this is too nerdy and have the cake is a liar in your signature? Sounds like someone is being a little hypocritical :P


In response, the cake shirt is a classic and much more subtle than this shirt haha

fofmock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
r4diant wrote:In response, the cake shirt is a classic and much more subtle than this shirt haha


Hahaha, good point, the cake shirt is very subtle about displaying its nerdy-ness. To all those that aren't in know, it just looks like lying cake and doesn't announce to the world that you are nerdy on the inside

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
fofmock wrote:Hahaha, good point, the cake shirt is very subtle about displaying its nerdy-ness. To all those that aren't in know, it just looks like lying cake and doesn't announce to the world that you are nerdy on the inside


I don't know how a video game reference, regardless of however subtle it is, isn't nerdy and somehow Communism+dinosaurs is nerdy. In my part of the country, communists are right up there with liberals and Satan.

I am scared for my life. I live in the reddest red state, according to this past election.

fofmock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
HeartlineTwist wrote:I don't know how a video game reference, regardless of however subtle it is, isn't nerdy and somehow Communism+dinosaurs is nerdy.


I never said the cake isn't nerdy, just more sneaky about it :P As for communist dinosaurs, it just comes off as strange, and for no substantial reason I would immediately assume nerdy, and feel that it could easily be perceived as such.

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I hope this wins because I want to buy it for my bf for his birthday. He looks great in red. Geekfactor, I thank you in advance for how hot he's going to look. But will it make it to my house by Feb 15th? That's the big question.

Carpe shirtem!

unchained


quality posts: 0 Private Messages unchained

I think this shirt is hilarious. Why would dinosaurs be communist?

The question is more, Why wouldn't they??

JustJiggles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason



Did I mention that this is the best shirt ever?

skateboardstef


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skateboardstef

My bf is a history major, and loves Russian history. Hope this one wins so I can pick one up for both of us!

SarahPants5


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


Nerdy Commie Dinosaurs fondle the what?!

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I wish it would have won last time, that way I wouldn't have to see it again. (

wcpyro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcpyro

Honestly, I like it because I'm into the whole evolution of self thing. Oh and I have a lot of russian immigrant friends that would get a KICK out of it ^^

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I would really like to wear this shirt. Can we please have more votes???

rcarrigan2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcarrigan2
Jestik wrote:I would really like to wear this shirt. Can we please have more votes???


I haven't seen it in the hotness for awhile, unlike the other shirts in the fog.

makes me worried : (

cheeseman2k2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheeseman2k2

I think the title is just as good as the shirt, I'll take one please!

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


The dino on the left is great, but overall I think they need to be a bit darker. I like this one the best among the ones in the fog, but not as much as the ones that aren't in the fog.

singerdanceman89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages singerdanceman89
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason


I wanted this one so bad last time!!! I'm voting ONLY for this one! Let nothing stand between me and my commiesaurus rex!

schneckerl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schneckerl
AdderXYU wrote:This was definitely robbed last time. REDEMPTION!!!


+1

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason

Tomorrow is Wear Red Day at my office. The clinic is participating in the AHA's campaign to alert people to the dangers of heart disease, and that women are just as likely a target. http://goredforwomen.org/index.aspx

I wonder what the reaction would be I wore this shirt - if it were available. I will have to see what other wootastic red shirts I have instead.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail