Derby #88: Music
+48

In Beat Wean

In Beat Wean
add a comment

Comments

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean


Details!

741wife


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 741wife

Love it! Must have...

Phillip King

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

741wife wrote:Love it! Must have...


YAY! Someone likes my stuff.

databit


quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: In Beat Wean


Excellent!
Nice work, I love the brush work.

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

databit wrote:Excellent!
Nice work, I love the brush work.


Thanks. I kinda wish I had done more detailing but after 5 hours I couldn't justify putting more time into it.

KessiTheNinja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KessiTheNinja
Re: In Beat Wean


I love this!!! I REALLY want it!!! You need to make more shirts on here!=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]

cruelnv


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
Re: In Beat Wean


I think this would appeal to me more if it was positioned in the bottom left (my left) and was a little smaller, but I still like it. Nice work.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: In Beat Wean


Amazingly cool, like the concept, sitting on the steps watcching the world go by with my head phones on, while in my own music world. Just too cool.

chade2001


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chade2001
Re: In Beat Wean


very nice! i don't think i can do something like this. very intricate!

gone!

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

KessiTheNinja wrote:I love this!!! I REALLY want it!!! You need to make more shirts on here!=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]


I really want you to have it. :-) hopefully my votes get some momentum. :-)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: In Beat Wean


I love the linework and the structure... really, I'm totally with you on this until you add the colors and shading in. The shading reminds me a bit of drakxxx's work, but something in the execution falls short for me... maybe just a bit too much color-bleed through the lines, or not enough filled-in lines, or something. And the palette, well, I appreciate the bold approach with the offbeat colors, but it's just not for me.

Still, I think with the same linework and some different filling in, this would be a sure buy. It's conceptually stunning. hopefully we'll see more of you and get to watch you come into your own, because you've clearly got talent to burn.

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

cruelnv wrote:I think this would appeal to me more if it was positioned in the bottom left (my left) and was a little smaller, but I still like it. Nice work.


I actually thought about a smaller bottom placement for this. I guess I should've trusted my instincts.

qdibble


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: In Beat Wean


This is really cool. YGMV. It's nice to see something different on woot that works. Love your style...

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

mybell wrote:Amazingly cool, like the concept, sitting on the steps watcching the world go by with my head phones on, while in my own music world. Just too cool.


Exactly the kinda feel I was going for. :-)

Thanks for catching on.

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

chade2001 wrote:very nice! i don't think i can do something like this. very intricate!


Thanks. I think I'm gonna try something a little different next time though.

I believe I've learned from the error of my ways. We'll see how it goes.

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Re: In Beat Wean

AdderXYU wrote:I love the linework and the structure... really, I'm totally with you on this until you add the colors and shading in. The shading reminds me a bit of drakxxx's work, but something in the execution falls short for me... maybe just a bit too much color-bleed through the lines, or not enough filled-in lines, or something. And the palette, well, I appreciate the bold approach with the offbeat colors, but it's just not for me.

Still, I think with the same linework and some different filling in, this would be a sure buy. It's conceptually stunning. hopefully we'll see more of you and get to watch you come into your own, because you've clearly got talent to burn.


Yeah I think I should've handled the shading differently. I relied too much on broad strokes.

Though I like my colors :-P

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
qdibble wrote:This is really cool. YGMV. It's nice to see something different on woot that works. Love your style...


Yay! 1 more vote for my sub!

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: In Beat Wean


Wow, this is very beautiful. Please do more in this style for future derbys!

(Derbys? "Derbies" just does not look right, but the spell checker likes it better *Shrug*)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail