Derby #92: Steampunk
+155

Beauty and the Beast (resub)

Beauty and the Beast (resub)
add a comment

Comments

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)


Resubmitted with (hopefully) better contrast.

kristynk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristynk
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)


the art is amazing..but I can't say I really understand the concept..

I most recently rock out in Lust Is Like A Flame, but am almost always seen wearing Jimmy...Is That You?. In addition, I am the proud member of 26 total shirt.woots.

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
kristynk wrote:the art is amazing..but I can't say I really understand the concept..


The two robots are the two types of Steampunk bots I'm used to. The big clunky type and the more elegant 'victorian' style. The name came from the contrast in their sizes/shapes etc.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)


Overall, it is definitely better, especially for a shirt. I know this might be kind of frustrating to you, but I like the bolder colors better in the first one. I get what you did here, though, and I'm sure you put some work into figuring out the contrast. GMV this time.

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
stingray69 wrote:Overall, it is definitely better, especially for a shirt. I know this might be kind of frustrating to you, but I like the bolder colors better in the first one. I get what you did here, though, and I'm sure you put some work into figuring out the contrast. GMV this time.


Not as frustrating as one would imagine. It was a pain cuz I don't really enjoy making the separating the colors, and I was terrified that I didn't have time to do it. I do agree that this is a better shirt design than the last one, though. Thank you for the input!
If you couldn't tell, this is all very new to me. For a shirt design, you have to keep different things in mind than for other media. I wasn't doing so hot with that on the first one. I think I'm learning, though! Oh, and thanks for the vote!

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)


... "making the separating the colors"? Ugh, need to wake up before I post replies.

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
Re: Beauty and the Beast (resub)


Thank you, everyone who voted for me! I didn't expect nearly so many votes, being a virtual unknown and all. I look forward to the next derby, and hope to do even better!

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
ChaosFox0 wrote:Thank you, everyone who voted for me! I didn't expect nearly so many votes, being a virtual unknown and all. I look forward to the next derby, and hope to do even better!


I look forward to seeing what you do next as well.

ChaosFox0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
2thFairy wrote:I look forward to seeing what you do next as well.


! Thank you!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail