Derby #97: BBQ

I Thought I TOLD YOU......PREVENT FORREST FIRES!!!

Thumbnail & shirt comp don't match.

Rejected because: Thumbnail & shirt comp don't match.

add a comment

Comments

studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: I Thought I TOLD YOU......PREVENT FORREST FIRES!!!


I love the bears teeth! Cool style!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Really cute. I like the style and the cap he's wearing. I also find it amusing that the bear is wearing pants but no shirt!:D

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: I Thought I TOLD YOU......PREVENT FORREST FIRES!!!


First of all, forest only has one R.
Secondly, isn't Smokey the Bear a copyrighted character?
Third, what color shirt is this on? Heather grey?

sgl32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgl32
snarkygal wrote:First of all, forest only has one R.
Secondly, isn't Smokey the Bear a copyrighted character?
Third, what color shirt is this on? Heather grey?


wow you really are snarky! lol
Smokey is copyrighted yes but this isnt exactly a copy. I didnt use anything that identified this bear as anything but a bear. And beside I dont mind taking my chances. Secondly this shirt is on a heather grey backround. Not the most alluring but its what I came up with. And third, when you type things fast you get spelling errors. But thankyou for taking the time to let me know how you feel.

technoindigo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages technoindigo
sgl32 wrote:wow you really are snarky! lol
Smokey is copyrighted yes but this isnt exactly a copy. I didnt use anything that identified this bear as anything but a bear. And beside I dont mind taking my chances. Secondly this shirt is on a heather grey backround. Not the most alluring but its what I came up with. And third, when you type things fast you get spelling errors. But thankyou for taking the time to let me know how you feel.


So the hat, pants, and shovel make this just a bear and not a direct implication of it being Smokey the Bear? Just checking...

sgl32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgl32
technoindigo wrote:So the hat, pants, and shovel make this just a bear and not a direct implication of it being Smokey the Bear? Just checking...


You guys are looking way to far into this. I obviously wanted it to look like smokey the bear. So I took things like pants and a hat to get close. But no where on him says smokey. He could be Yogi after stealing the rangers uniform. The concept is for you to interpret what you want from it. And like I said before. I dont care if it comes out as a copyright. I thought the premise was funny. I dont mind taking chances like that. You never know if it will pay off.

beefqueef


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beefqueef
sgl32 wrote:You guys are looking way to far into this. I obviously wanted it to look like smokey the bear. So I took things like pants and a hat to get close. But no where on him says smokey. He could be Yogi after stealing the rangers uniform. The concept is for you to interpret what you want from it. And like I said before. I dont care if it comes out as a copyright. I thought the premise was funny. I dont mind taking chances like that. You never know if it will pay off.


i have never seen smokey the bear show his teeth before... so i think your very clear of any copyright issues. nice art, sorry it got rejected.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail