Derby #101: Fake Band T-Shirts

THE REJECTEDS

Woot reference.

Rejected because: Woot reference.

add a comment

Comments

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: THE REJECTEDS


woot reference, but I voted anyway. Pretty funny, and a nice band-sounding name.

NYCtShirt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
smedgrick wrote:woot reference, but I voted anyway. Pretty funny, and a nice band-sounding name.


Thanks for the votes and comments. It means a lot. Keep it coming!!


NYCtShirt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
Re: THE REJECTEDS


Here is the link. please vote

OneLegPyramid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages OneLegPyramid
Re: THE REJECTEDS


Reject...best. thing. ever. HA love it

NYCtShirt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYCtShirt
Re: THE REJECTEDS


I'm having so much fun. Help me have even more. come vote!!!

IamIreland


quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland

Why is this Rejected? What's wrong with referencing Woot? Geez...

Solonari


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Solonari
IamIreland wrote:Why is this Rejected? What's wrong with referencing Woot? Geez...

Remember, Woot's "[REJECTED]" stamp is a unique concept, never before used anywhere else. They came up with the idea *before* such a rubber stamp ever existed, and may currently be in arbitration with other parties over royalties and trademark infringement.
Either that, or Woot just took one more step into the "raging 7 year old treehouse club" mentality.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Solonari wrote:Remember, Woot's "[REJECTED]" stamp is a unique concept, never before used anywhere else. They came up with the idea *before* such a rubber stamp ever existed, and may currently be in arbitration with other parties over royalties and trademark infringement.
Either that, or Woot just took one more step into the "raging 7 year old treehouse club" mentality.


"No Woot References" is a long-standing derby rule. While a rejected stamp certainly existed before Woot, it would be difficult to use that concept in the derby without referencing Woot - all the more difficult if you mimic the style of Woot's own "rejected" image.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail