Derby #112: Japan
+110

Sushi To Go

Sushi To Go
add a comment

Comments

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JAPANESE LETTERING: "Sushi to Go"
According to BabelFish: The sushi that goes.

Re: Sushi To Go


Oh, c'mon. This entry was inevitable. My only concern is whether this has been done before. In case you're curious, the hand and sticks were from tracing my own hand...

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Sushi To Go

Cute little running sushi fish=)

HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
SkekTek wrote:Oh, c'mon. This entry was inevitable. My only concern is whether this has been done before. In case you're curious, the hand and sticks were from tracing my own hand...


It's funny. And it think it would work even without the hand. Or with several different running sushis.

I think we all needed a laugh.

(Run little sushi, run!!!)

Oh gah...now I'm getting a song in my head. Wake up little sushi, wake up...

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
HalfWheat wrote:It's funny. And it think it would work even without the hand. Or with several different running sushis.

I think we all needed a laugh.

(Run little sushi, run!!!)

Oh gah...now I'm getting a song in my head. Wake up little sushi, wake up...


To be honest, this is all that is left from an original Seuss concept. I was going to draw one red fish, then two blue fish, then sushi with red in them, and sushi with blue fish, but the fish in the blue was running away. Got to be too much work, so I just did this.

HalfWheat


quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
SkekTek wrote:To be honest, this is all that is left from an original Seuss concept. I was going to draw one red fish, then two blue fish, then sushi with red in them, and sushi with blue fish, but the fish in the blue was running away. Got to be too much work, so I just did this.


It works like this, though. Sometimes less is more.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
HalfWheat wrote:It works like this, though. Sometimes less is more.


Yep. I really wish I had thought of this a few days ago.

seakats


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakats

What does the Japanese under the fish say? Maybe I'm just having a brain fart....

meh3884


quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
re: sushi to go


eh, the hand looks pudgy and globs up the design, would have been better without the hand

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
seakats wrote:What does the Japanese under the fish say? Maybe I'm just having a brain fart....


...sushi to go... and yeah, maybe I should have made the hand more of an outline or used just the chopsticks...

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.