Derby #115: National Parks

LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)

Gradients, too many colors, etc.

Rejected because: Gradients, too many colors, etc.

add a comment

Comments

achickta


quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)


not to down your work because I would love to wear this and would buy it in a heart beat... but how many colors is this?

BaldBob007


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
achickta wrote:not to down your work because I would love to wear this and would buy it in a heart beat... but how many colors is this?


If you would like to buy it, check out the original at http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/illustrations-vectors/8615044-day-and-night-tree.php?id=8615044

bigfoot1107


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
achickta wrote:not to down your work because I would love to wear this and would buy it in a heart beat... but how many colors is this?


Not DaBomber233's work: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/illustrations-vectors/8615044-day-and-night-tree.php?id=8615044. Please withhold your votes.

genericsmith


quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
bigfoot1107 wrote:Not DaBomber233's work: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/illustrations-vectors/8615044-day-and-night-tree.php?id=8615044. Please withhold your votes.


Good catch... I wonder if the art theives actually think they'll get away with it.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

bigfoot1107


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
genericsmith wrote:Good catch... I wonder if the art theives actually think they'll get away with it.


Actually, it was originally CMDixon2's catch.

achickta


quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)


so when is this going to be rejected? My bet is sometime on Wednesday.

Altheahelaine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)


nflstar's twin?

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)


Hey! Found the smudge tool, didja? Good for you!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
genericsmith wrote:Good catch... I wonder if the art theives actually think they'll get away with it.


People such as Olechka and Brainbox have finagled multiple prints at other sites, even after their work has been proven to be mostly tracework of other people's pictures and, in the latter case, unaltered thievery of old sci-fi illustrations.

The fact is, somewhere down the barrel, people decided that art doesn't belong to the artist. Not in an MP3 downloading way, but in a "you made this, so I'll take it, and sell it as mine" way. This site alone, week after week, fails to see how trite, derivative, and even stolen work is WRONG, and the antithesis of art.

Edit: which is, by the way, one more reason woot needs to knock voting's importance down a peg.

BRussell4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BRussell4
AdderXYU wrote:People such as Olechka and Brainbox have finagled multiple prints at other sites, even after their work has been proven to be mostly tracework of other people's pictures and, in the latter case, unaltered thievery of old sci-fi illustrations.

The fact is, somewhere down the barrel, people decided that art doesn't belong to the artist. Not in an MP3 downloading way, but in a "you made this, so I'll take it, and sell it as mine" way. This site alone, week after week, fails to see how trite, derivative, and even stolen work is WRONG, and the antithesis of art.

Edit: which is, by the way, one more reason woot needs to knock voting's importance down a peg.


The voting is important it allows woot to actually gauge what the consumer wants and provide it instead of random guess work.

AzNSenSAzN


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AzNSenSAzN
Re: LATE NIGHT Sequoia (RESUB FINAL)


aww, i would totally buy this shirt!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail