Derby #117: Halloween

Candy Corn!

Woot reference. Though nicely done.

Rejected because: Woot reference. Though nicely done.

add a comment

Comments

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Candy Corn!


Ok, I finally got this to post. Please support it! Help it make up for the 6.5 hours I lost out on!

Misskari


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Candy Corn!


I love the sugary wootishness, but isn't this 7 colors?

EDIT: No! It IS 6! You sly dog, you. You do more with less.

I will just say then, I love the sugary wootishness. <3

anjulka


quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Candy Corn!


I love this! If I liked candy corn and/or Halloween shirts, I would totally want one.

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
anjulka wrote:I love this! If I liked candy corn and/or Halloween shirts, I would totally want one.


You sound like me! Ironically, I don't even like candy corn!

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Misskari wrote:I love the sugary wootishness, but isn't this 7 colors?

EDIT: No! It IS 6! You sly dog, you. You do more with less.

I will just say then, I love the sugary wootishness. <3


Ha. Thanks. That is quite a compliment since so many people on this site are far better with making more colors out of less than me!

sakleehop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Candy Corn!


Woot references will be rejected.

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
sakleehop wrote:Woot references will be rejected.


It's not a woot reference. Its an exclamation point regarding excitement over candy corn.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kdubbs29 wrote:It's not a woot reference. Its an exclamation point regarding excitement over candy corn.


good luck with that. ;^)

fjjfelice


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjjfelice
Re: Candy Corn!


I am a sucker for candy corn.

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Candy Corn!


Just because its an exclamation point doesn't mean its a Woot reference. I know that no one knows that it wasn't my intent to resemble woot, but it still stinks to get rejected. At least i wasn't in the running.

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Candy Corn!


im still glad ur around buddy.

need moar kdubbs in woot derbies

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
kdubbs29 wrote:Just because its an exclamation point doesn't mean its a Woot reference. I know that no one knows that it wasn't my intent to resemble woot, but it still stinks to get rejected. At least i wasn't in the running.


Even if it's not a woot reference, I could see a judgment being made that the text is not incidental, since it's the only element on the shirt.

leaps into the vacuum either way, this design showed a great use of only 6 colors!

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
icymallard wrote:im still glad ur around buddy.

need moar kdubbs in woot derbies


Thanks Icy. I think you might be my biggest fan!

kdubbs29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
xazothia wrote:Even if it's not a woot reference, I could see a judgment being made that the text is not incidental, since it's the only element on the shirt.

leaps into the vacuum either way, this design showed a great use of only 6 colors!


Yeah, the thought about the "!" being text hit me after I had designed this. I figured there would be a chance I'd get rejected for that. I never even thought about the woot reference angle. Oh well. There's always next week!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.