Derby #125: Birds
+95

Everytime he tried...

Everytime he tried...
add a comment

Comments

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Everytime he tried... Everytime he tried...


Everytime he tried, he just never fit in

jewelwing


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Everytime he tried...


Did he jump up there? Cause, you know, he couldn't fly...

I like your sketchy style.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
jewelwing wrote:Did he jump up there? Cause, you know, he couldn't fly...

I like your sketchy style.


Thanks. Ask Boots Probably the same way Big Bird got up there!

(and yes I know they're flightless)

darianwiccan


quality posts: 3 Private Messages darianwiccan
tjost wrote:Everytime he tried, he just never fit in


aww... is that a tear I see?

x 15

erina7262


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
Re: Everytime he tried...


I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

Wouldn't he be getting fried right now or is that just a myth? Birds are safe cause they only touch one wire right?

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
erina7262 wrote:I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

Wouldn't he be getting fried right now or is that just a myth? Birds are safe cause they only touch one wire right?


You know I'm actually not sure when it comes to telephone lines. I know power lines are not covered and if you span two of them you can get zapped but then again I'm not sure for telephone wires.

This video is incredible btw and shows a guy crawling on 2 wires, but he's wearing a suit and isn't grounded. My bird, yeah, he'd probably be toast

Power Line Video

bethlehemstarr


quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
erina7262 wrote:I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

Wouldn't he be getting fried right now or is that just a myth? Birds are safe cause they only touch one wire right?


As your friendly power company representative, I can assure you that this bird would indeed 'be getting fried'. He is in contact with two wires AND the ground. He'd be screwed. Probably have around 22KV being passed through his body. Not only would he be electrocuted, he would quite probably combust. Though, the instant he touched the second wire, he would most likely be 'blasted' off the wires, and take out power for a bunch of folks.

Though, since it is a comic shirt design I'm pretty much ok with it.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bethlehemstarr wrote:As your friendly power company representative, I can assure you that this bird would indeed 'be getting fried'. He is in contact with two wires AND the ground. He'd be screwed. Probably have around 22KV being passed through his body. Not only would he be electrocuted, he would quite probably combust. Though, the instant he touched the second wire, he would most likely be 'blasted' off the wires, and take out power for a bunch of folks.

Though, since it is a comic shirt design I'm pretty much ok with it.


Haha that confirms it, though are telephone wires as dangerous?

bethlehemstarr


quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
tjost wrote:Haha that confirms it, though are telephone wires as dangerous?


Telephone wires are a lot less scary though I couldn't give you a number off the top of my head. The closer the wire is to the ground, the lower the voltage associated.
I'm checking this from my phone so I can't see the video that was posted- but I'm pretty sure I know what it is- its a guy doing an inspection of 345 KV lines. He can touch both of them, because they're the same potential- if he touches anything else though- he's screwed. That's why I say the bird would be toasted touching the 2nd wire- the difference in potential. The top wire is probably a power line, the lower one would have a much lower potential- and electricity seeks to go to ground.
But- like I said- it's a comic design, so I'm ok with it.

erina7262


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
bethlehemstarr wrote:As your friendly power company representative, I can assure you that this bird would indeed 'be getting fried'. He is in contact with two wires AND the ground. He'd be screwed. Probably have around 22KV being passed through his body. Not only would he be electrocuted, he would quite probably combust. Though, the instant he touched the second wire, he would most likely be 'blasted' off the wires, and take out power for a bunch of folks.

Though, since it is a comic shirt design I'm pretty much ok with it.


I am ok with it too, was just curious! Thanks for all the info for sure!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail