Derby #125: Birds
+82

The Birdhouse in your Soul

The Birdhouse in your Soul
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

I nerdily had to indulge in this one.

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

...and while you're at it, keep the nightlight on inside the birdhouse in your soul.

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


Yay TMBG

I like this one a lot!

Irrelevant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


...not to put too fine a point on it...

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

xazothia wrote:Yay TMBG

I like this one a lot!


Irrelevant wrote:...not to put too fine a point on it...


Yay, people know!!
Thanks xaz and irrelevant.

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


cool!! blue yay.

i have no idea what this means.

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
jasneko wrote:I nerdily had to indulge in this one.

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

...and while you're at it, keep the nightlight on inside the birdhouse in your soul.


We'll leave the light on... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

Habber


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Habber
icymallard wrote:cool!! blue yay.

i have no idea what this means.


It's a reference to a They Might Be Giants song. I quite enjoy the design.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

icymallard wrote:cool!! blue yay.

i have no idea what this means.

Thought you'd like the blue;)

Well icymallard... I will explain... we all have birdhouses in our souls. And you want to keep the nightlight on in them.

Or, you can make a birdhouse in your soul too. A little one.

TheyKilledKenny wrote:We'll leave the light on... GMV
Thanks Tkkenny!

Habber wrote:It's a reference to a They Might Be Giants song. I quite enjoy the design.
Heh thanks


zanuhdu


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zanuhdu
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


Love the song reference! GMV for that. =0)

ScoobyShooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScoobyShooter

I've got a secret to tell..
...this shirt rocks

and thank you for keeping the design simple and clean...you know leaving out the whistles and... Well you get the idea

Tinsy108


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tinsy108

This made my day

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

zanuhdu wrote:Love the song reference! GMV for that. =0)
Yay, thanks=) Wasn't sure how many people would know it!

ScoobyShooter wrote:I've got a secret to tell..
...this shirt rocks

and thank you for keeping the design simple and clean...you know leaving out the whistles and... Well you get the idea
hehe awesome, thanks. It's a simple message...

Tinsy108 wrote:This made my day
So glad!

windflies


quality posts: 0 Private Messages windflies
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


you are totally the only bee in my bonnet.

Altheahelaine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


I love this song so much. And so therefore this shirt. And of course you. <3

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

windflies wrote:you are totally the only bee in my bonnet.


Altheahelaine wrote:I love this song so much. And so therefore this shirt. And of course you. <3
Aw thanks Altheahelaine <3

KIDA26


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul


I can't see this winning, but if it does I'd buy one for my wife. She loves that song. Vote for you!

KIDA26


quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

Oh yeah... and...

Tough I respect that a lot, I'd be fired if that were my job.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

KIDA26 wrote:I can't see this winning, but if it does I'd buy one for my wife. She loves that song. Vote for you!
heh neither could I, but I hope the graphic might still appeal to people that don't know the song. That said, I'm still surprised it's getting as many votes as it is;) That's nice you'd buy one for your wife!


KIDA26 wrote:Oh yeah... and...

Tough I respect that a lot, I'd be fired if that were my job.
=)


tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
jasneko wrote:=)


I just noticed this sub Jasneko. How'd I miss it, I was thinking about doing it when they first announced the bird theme but couldn't think of a clever way to pull it off/ran out of time. Great job. TMBG is a totally underated group. I remember watching tiny toons when I was younger and they did music videos for Istanbul and Particle Man. They also did the intro theme to Malcolm in the Middle Boss of Me. Great job!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
tjost wrote:I just noticed this sub Jasneko. How'd I miss it, I was thinking about doing it when they first announced the bird theme but couldn't think of a clever way to pull it off/ran out of time. Great job. TMBG is a totally underated group. I remember watching tiny toons when I was younger and they did music videos for Istanbul and Particle Man. They also did the intro theme to Malcolm in the Middle Boss of Me. Great job!

Heh, thanks Tjost.
My friends and I used to realllly like TMBG. We went to a lot of concerts. Later I even was a photographer for a concert (got to be in the 'special' area, and then interviewed John F. for the college paper! Was pretty neat.

For those of you familiar with the real video for Birdhouse in Your Soul, check out this literal video of it... cracked me up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJVAFIMnkc

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail