Derby #129: Ancient Egypt
+258

Neferkiti

Neferkiti
add a comment

Comments

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Neferkiti


I think this is great... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Neferkiti


Great illustration!

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Neferkiti


Larger design:


The Amarna period is my favorite piece of Egyptian art history, and the most famous work to come from that is the fantastic Bust of Nefertiti. I have a cat named Neffie, who I sometimes call Queen Neffers or Nefferkiti, so... this. :P

--

Thank you GF12 and TKK

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 30 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Neferkiti


Hmm, constructive crit here while it's still helpful (early in the derby) - The design doesn't quite seem detailed enough to warrant the amount of stretch on the shirt. I'm also not all that impressed by the lower parts of the creature in regards to anatomy. I think that coloring-wise, it is done fairly well for not using halftones and having so many different colors, though.

Woot's Men's Smalls: A speck on a shirt that might be art. Don't bother...

odysseyroc


quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Neferkiti


great illo. You've really hit your stride the past few weeks.




xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Hmm, constructive crit here while it's still helpful (early in the derby) - The design doesn't quite seem detailed enough to warrant the amount of stretch on the shirt. I'm also not all that impressed by the lower parts of the creature in regards to anatomy. I think that coloring-wise, it is done fairly well for not using halftones and having so many different colors, though.


it's not really supposed to be an anatomically complete representation, but a parody of the famous Bust of Nefertiti.

I experimented with it being smaller on the shirt, but I didn't like it that way. I know it'll probably cost me votes, but this is how I wanted it.

TobiasAmaranth


quality posts: 30 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
xazothia wrote:This is how I wanted it.


Which is the most important thing. ^_^ Alright. Good luck with it~

Woot's Men's Smalls: A speck on a shirt that might be art. Don't bother...

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
odysseyroc wrote:great illo. You've really hit your stride the past few weeks.


thank you, odysseyroc

Draug


quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Neferkiti


Kitty!!!!! :D gmv

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

capedcrusader514


quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

You loooove dressing animal up.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Neferkiti


Nice job with the expression. Looks like she's smirking a bit.

Azurett


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Neferkiti


I really like the colors. GMV

ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Neferkiti


You did such an excellent job on this, xazy. Neferkiti looks sweet but mysterious at the same time. And I like it big. (Of course I am from Texas.)

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
stingray69 wrote:Nice job with the expression. Looks like she's smirking a bit.

Thank you. The real Neffers is more interested in giving me the stink-eye and stealing my soul than smirking, so I had to work it out somehow. She's a little McGrumpersons.



capedcrusader514 wrote:You loooove dressing animal up.

I promise not to make a habit of it. ;) Thanks.

Thanks to Azurett, Ressamac, Draug, and Tobias.

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Neferkiti


Great character and colors for sure. It's really cool how you actually got an expression on the cat's face.


xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Drakxxx wrote:Great character and colors for sure. It's really cool how you actually got an expression on the cat's face.


Thanks, Drakxxx!

realitytwist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Neferkiti


i wish you had made a Bast reference instead of Nefertiti, but i'd buy it and pretend =) good luck!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

kender42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Neferkiti


IMO way way to large on the shirt! Just wow, its HUGE. Scale it back a bit and it would look better, again my opinion.

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
kender42 wrote:IMO way way to large on the shirt! Just wow, its HUGE. Scale it back a bit and it would look better, again my opinion.


I already told TobiasAmaranth that I have no interest in making the design smaller.

kender42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
xazothia wrote:I already told TobiasAmaranth that I have no interest in making the design smaller.


Lack of interest in change doesn't change the criticism. I respect that you don't want to change it, but I believe most people will find it oversized. Kudos to you for sticking to your version, but that isn't to say you couldn't resub a small v2 just to see how it would go.

lucky1988


quality posts: 23 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Neferkiti


I like the large print size. Great character!

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
kender42 wrote:Lack of interest in change doesn't change the criticism. I respect that you don't want to change it, but I believe most people will find it oversized. Kudos to you for sticking to your version, but that isn't to say you couldn't resub a small v2 just to see how it would go.


Your input is appreciated, really, but I'm not going to submit another version.

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
lucky1988 wrote:I like the large print size. Great character!


Thank you, lucky!

Chilibird


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chilibird

The resemblance to the real bust of Nefertiti is amazing. GMV just for that.

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Neferkiti


I don't think there is much that hasn't already been said... fantastic. Anything with a cat gets my vote... but great art and a cat?!?! I wish I could vote twice. ;)

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Neferkiti


Pretty kitty! Also, a great big cat on my shirt is exactly what I would want.She is beautiful. And I love the size.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.