Derby #136: The New Vintage
+185

McFly Skateboards

McFly Skateboards
add a comment

Comments

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

If anyone can point me to a good distressing brush set that's free for commercial use, I'll resubmit the design with some fake aging.

Thanks to DaFont.com and the individuals who make their fonts available for free.

keelhaulkate


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: McFly Skateboards


I love it!

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
keelhaulkate wrote:I love it!


Thanks!

Credit also needs to go to the typographers

Team Spirit Font (the cursive font) is by Nick's Fonts http://www.nicksfonts.com/

College (the block font) is by Matthew Welch http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/

Sachmoe64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: McFly Skateboards


three back to the future designs? will that be the next NO rule?

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Sachmoe64 wrote:three back to the future designs? will that be the next NO rule?


It seems like woot only bans reference if they seem to unfairly propel designs to the top the ranking.

Personally, Back to the Future seem like a perfect fit for this derby. I came up with my concept Thursday night. My early roughs of the design are in the pre-derby forum.

Sachmoe64


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Lagbert wrote:It seems like woot only bans reference if they seem to unfairly propel designs to the top the ranking.

Personally, Back to the Future seem like a perfect fit for this derby. I came up with my concept Thursday night. My early roughs of the design are in the pre-derby forum.


I'm not saying you came up with it last, I remember your sketch post. But it seems BTTF is picking up in designs. Tgentry won not too long ago with one. I considered doing one for the last derby... I do like how subtle yours is though.

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Sachmoe64 wrote:I'm not saying you came up with it last, I remember your sketch post. But it seems BTTF is picking up in designs. Tgentry won not too long ago with one. I considered doing one for the last derby... I do like how subtle yours is though.


Sorry about being a bit defensive. The woot community seems pretty fast to accuse people of idea theft, so I was trying to defend myself without being a total jerk.

I'm glad you liked the subtly - my goal was to be referential without pandering.

swizzel7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swizzel7
Re: McFly Skateboards


great t man

jhanafin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhanafin
Re: McFly Skateboards


Great shirt! I'd buy one once you get the distressed image up!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail