Derby #138: Band Names Reinterpreted
+547

AC/DC

add a comment

Comments

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: AC/DC


Heh.

Abenikk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Abenikk
stingray69 wrote:Heh.


'Heh' indeed.

colinm09


quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

This may be super nit picky, but the lightning bolt is an AC/DC band logo. It's easily recognizable as part of their name; you even have it in the logo you posted. I have no idea how Woot is doing rejections, but this might get rejected. Probably not, but it might.

-Matt Colin

emilyb0902


quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902
Re: AC/DC


Most creative AC/DC interpretation I've seen.

I'd argue that the bolt makes it better.

LeRenard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeRenard
emilyb0902 wrote:I'd argue that the bolt makes it better.

I agree. The bolt brings it together as AC/DC. I like this, gmv.

jboshaw


quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: AC/DC


Okay. I'm sorry but how did this make the fog? It looks like clipart.

DJ9975


quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
Re: AC/DC


While the clip-art-ness does concern me, i love the idea. Great original take on the band name.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: AC/DC



jboshaw wrote:Okay. I'm sorry but how did this make the fog? It looks like clipart.


I know the answer to your question.
Close eyes, imagine this...
A generation of kids open their ears one day and hear an amazing sound . It is acdc singing Back in black.
I was 13. I went to the store and bought my 1st albums ever, one was Back in black, one was the doors.The doors album still looks pretty new....but the Back in black?
That album is now on a beloved shelf, the edges are frayed from love . This shirt says ACDC very well , thats is why it fogged.


Also, I think that the artwork is extremely clean and well done, if it was done by the artist himself and isn't clip art,(which I am assuming is the case and I hope so) then it is a very very VERY good piece of craftsmanship you know?

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

acobjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acobjoe
jboshaw wrote:Okay. I'm sorry but how did this make the fog? It looks like clipart.


If it's any consolation, I'm as surprised as you are.

jamnajar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamnajar
acobjoe wrote:If it's any consolation, I'm as surprised as you are.


I'm not surprised: Simple designs that demand thought = WIN.

I would buy one (and I'm not a big AC/DC fan)

Jamnajar was here^^

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
acobjoe wrote:If it's any consolation, I'm as surprised as you are.

Me three. No offense to the person subbing, but while I appreciate the less-obvious interpretation, this gets zippo on the artistic ability scale. Unless you actually did draft it in which case -
Nevermind!!! ;)

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SnowQueenVT wrote: This shirt says ACDC very well , thats is why it fogged.
Also, I think that the artwork is extremely clean and well done, if it was done by the artist himself and isn't clip art,(which I am assuming is the case and I hope so) then it is a very very VERY good piece of craftsmanship you know?


I hope you're right, SnowQueenVt. Honest. I get the whole AC/DC "Ohmygobbers" reaction. Though, I was a bit older, Bon Scott was alive, and the song of current amazement was Dirty Deeds. Regardless, unless this is clipart Woot can point to, I'm betting it prints this weekend.

chunkydesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
acobjoe wrote:If it's any consolation, I'm as surprised as you are.


I don´t think it really is that surprising. The sucess of this design along with the large number of votes other 2 of your entries, the Queen and White Stripes have, just shows how diverse the people that vote and buy on Woot are from other similar t-shirt sites. It also explains why some artists who are greatly recognized in the t-shirt "community", have such a hard time getting a lot of votes in the derbys...

acobjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acobjoe
paigeg wrote:Unless you actually did draft it in which case -
Nevermind!!! ;)


I did make the art myself; based off of pictures, yes, but I never use other people's work.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: AC/DC


RE It looks so clean , is it clip art ?...and the answer is...

acobjoe wrote:I did make the art myself; based off of pictures, yes, but I never use other people's work.


And bingo was his name-O!


http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
acobjoe wrote:I did make the art myself; based off of pictures, yes, but I never use other people's work.


Apology tendered and - hopefully - accepted. You never can tell around here. so much gristle substituted for talent.
Given that, I definitely think this is the most innovative of the AC/DC designs. Still not sure I'd wear it, but then a big AC unit on my right boob might be hard to 'splain. Oh hell who cares - I LOVE to 'splain my shirts. Lol!

acobjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acobjoe
paigeg wrote:Apology tendered and - hopefully - accepted. You never can tell around here. so much gristle substituted for talent.
Given that, I definitely think this is the most innovative of the AC/DC designs. Still not sure I'd wear it, but then a big AC unit on my right boob might be hard to 'splain. Oh hell who cares - I LOVE to 'splain my shirts. Lol!


jeanerz13


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: AC/DC


Do you think this would even print well? I remember on another entry (previous derby I think) someone commented that the lines needed to be thicker so the colors would be separated...granted this is only one color on black, but I'm wondering if the a/c would turn into a big white blob with all those thin lines so close...but I'm no artist.

BML0579


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BML0579

:0

BML0579


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BML0579
Re: AC/DC


jboshaw wrote:Okay. I'm sorry but how did this make the fog? It looks like clipart.


Busted? You be the judge.

A/C Unit

I thought it looked familiar. I have one just like it sitting in my back yard. :0

acobjoe


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acobjoe
BML0579 wrote:Busted? You be the judge.

A/C Unit

I thought it looked familiar. I have one just like it sitting in my back yard. :0


I don't understand why you think that makes me busted? Using photo references has never been a reject-able cause. If that were the case you could pull up any photo of the three buildings I traced as well.

BML0579


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BML0579
Re: AC/DC


acobjoe wrote:I don't understand why you think that makes me busted? Using photo references has never been a reject-able cause. If that were the case you could pull up any photo of the three buildings I traced as well.


OK. Photo: Here it is.

Busted? You be the judge. :0

FatJ


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
BML0579 wrote:Busted? You be the judge.

A/C Unit

I thought it looked familiar. I have one just like it sitting in my back yard. :0


(GASP!) How dare (s)he make the drawing look like what(s)he was drawing!

Adrian S Jones

amandatory


quality posts: 5 Private Messages amandatory

I think BML0579 has a little too much time on his/her hands. Don't like the shirt? Don't vote. What if it prints? Don't buy it. Move on.

You obviously have to use a photo (or your memory, in which case would also be a photo, just in your head) to base the drawing on. You didn't just put clipart on a shirt and call it yours. Thankfully, because I like it. Pretty clever and goofy.

QFT


quality posts: 3 Private Messages QFT

I personally was very sad that the AC/DC shirt didn't make the cut, and was the only one I would have bought

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail