Derby #140: Things That Start With the Letter S
+408

Steamrolled

Steamrolled
add a comment

Comments

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Steamrolled


Steamrolled.


greenmolloy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenmolloy
Re: Steamrolled


Slightly worse than Rick-rolled

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Steamrolled


I imagine the flattened guy doing the Rick Astley arm swing hip move just before being hit.

dietotaku


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dietotaku
Re: Steamrolled


ZA WARUDO!

ccazabon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
Re: Steamrolled


awesome

jewelwing


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Steamrolled


Can someone explain this to me? I feel like there's a reference here I'm not getting.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
jewelwing wrote:Can someone explain this to me? I feel like there's a reference here I'm not getting.


Aha! There's totally not! I just like when cartoons get squished by steamrollers.

There was some likening to Rickrolling going on in the comments. If anyone's not familiar with that term, here's a link to horrific images of elderly women giving birth that will explain everything.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.


flower753


quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
Re: Steamrolled


The first thing I thought of was the scene near the end of A Fish Called Wanda where Kevin Kline is run over by Michael Palin driving a steamroller. Awesome!

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Steamrolled


The Steamroller is just cool... I envision the same steamroller pulling up to a stoplight ready to drag race... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

truffleshuffle


quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Steamrolled


hahahahaha...nice

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
flower753 wrote:The first thing I thought of was the scene near the end of A Fish Called Wanda where Kevin Kline is run over by Michael Palin driving a steamroller. Awesome!


It's kkkkenny, he's cccoming to kkkkill me! This shirt is ccclever. Love your style, Boots.



thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
BootsBoots wrote:Aha! There's totally not! I just like when cartoons get squished by steamrollers.

There was some likening to Rickrolling going on in the comments. If anyone's not familiar with that term, here's a link to horrific images of elderly women giving birth that will explain everything.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.


There seems to be some mistake. Your link pointed to some some silly man attempting to dance.

jewelwing


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
BootsBoots wrote:Aha! There's totally not! I just like when cartoons get squished by steamrollers.


Ha! Ok - me too.

orzine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
Re: Steamrolled


just like ramyb's awful lucky day shirt, i think you could have done so much better with the figures

odysseyroc


quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
orzine wrote:just like ramyb's awful lucky day shirt, i think you could have done so much better with the figures


I don't think so. I think the simpler and cuter the figures are, the more acceptable it is for them to do horrible things. These figures could be eating a baby and you'd have to be like "awwww, how cute"





Spiritgreen


quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Steamrolled


Gotta say, I love the faces on this.

jupilberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Steamrolled


Once again, Boots, you have come up with a clever concept with a simple and clean design! You have impressed me again.

hurricanejane


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurricanejane
Re: Steamrolled


I like that the people are basic, and the face of the guy on the far left - CRACKS ME UP!
Reminds me of a miffed off stay puft marshmallow man.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Steamrolled


very nice this week, Boots!

I luvz me some cartoon carnage!

Ezshrkman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Steamrolled


very funny!

jandk113


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
BootsBoots wrote:Steamrolled.


Squished or Squashed also works!

I ♥ WOOT!!!

jasonAP


quality posts: 15 Private Messages jasonAP
Re: Steamrolled


I really, really dig this shirt, boots! I have too many shirts as it is, but I might have a hard time passing this one up.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Steamrolled


I really love the body language of the one little guy who is on his knees, I love that you gave him that reaction, the smiling ones keep it cheerful.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

MaliceKaiser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Re: Steamrolled

I really like the idea, but honestly, the figures that are still "alive" already look flattened. I think the design would have been a lot more successful if the standing figures didn't look so flat; it's make a much bigger contrast between them and the poor steamrolled victim.

Not my favourite design from Boots, but heck, I do love your work in general. :]

Stellardig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Steamrolled


Pretty good Boots. GMV

Schlagwerk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schlagwerk
Re: Steamrolled


That expression is priceless. GMV.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
MaliceKaiser wrote:I really like the idea, but honestly, the figures that are still "alive" already look flattened. I think the design would have been a lot more successful if the standing figures didn't look so flat; it's make a much bigger contrast between them and the poor steamrolled victim.

Not my favourite design from Boots, but heck, I do love your work in general. :]


I made them flat so that it would just be a pointless annoyance when the steamroller rolls over them. To me, it makes the steamrolling guy seem like more of an piece of toast. I don't think I got that across very well though, so you're right. It probably would have been better the other way.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.


bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Steamrolled


I wish this one was doing better, it's awesomely wicked and cute. Always great humor and style, Boots!

mixer23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
Re: Steamrolled


I sent this to you in a PM, after I decided I should have posted it here... lol

Anyway, just noticed that one of the art directors/artists for God of War III, Izzy, had on your Apathy Coalition shirt during a panel discussion/signing... You're famous Bootsie!

here

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
mixer23 wrote:I sent this to you in a PM, after I decided I should have posted it here... lol

Anyway, just noticed that one of the art directors/artists for God of War III, Izzy, had on your Apathy Coalition shirt during a panel discussion/signing... You're famous Bootsie!

here


I just replied to your PM and then I thought I should reply here too. My PM was basically this:

Woohoo!
You're the best for showing me!
Yowza!

!!!


mixer23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
BootsBoots wrote:I just replied to your PM and then I thought I should reply here too. My PM was basically this:

Woohoo!
You're the best for showing me!
Yowza!

!!!


Haha, you're welcome! I had to do a double-take when I was reading the article

Also, I totally forgot to thank you for People-Go-Round printing at RIPT. So, er, thanks! (It has occurred that it possibly might not have been because of me that this printed, but I like to think otherwise)

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
mixer23 wrote:Haha, you're welcome! I had to do a double-take when I was reading the article

Also, I totally forgot to thank you for People-Go-Round printing at RIPT. So, er, thanks! (It has occurred that it possibly might not have been because of me that this printed, but I like to think otherwise)


100% Because of you! So... thank YOU. It turned out well, I thought.


mixer23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
BootsBoots wrote:100% Because of you! So... thank YOU. It turned out well, I thought.


aww, shucks... I thought so as well, and I've worn it twice since I've gotten it. (which is saying a lot, considering my vast collection of t-shirts)

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail