Derby #147: Double-Take Derby Nine
+545

The White Stripes

The White Stripes
add a comment

Comments

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: The White Stripes



Voted and bought if it wins.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The White Stripes


Ah! Great to see this getting a second change. It's such a nice concept perfectly executed.

Love it.

joshlung


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshlung

GMV!!! can't wait to own this!!!!! its phenomenal!!!! i really wanted it last time.. but instead none of the shirts i wanted won :/

Woots

  • Perfect Pullup x3
  • Random Crap x2
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod or Zune

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: The White Stripes


hey chris,

as i scan through the options for this double take, it may just be me reconizing your work, but it seems you have a lock on hm's. holy crap you have a lot in here.

good luck with all of them, i voted again for damn near everything.

jaws

Happy Beer.

hustler03


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hustler03

PLEEEEZE WIN!
I really wanted this one the first time around. I'm ready to buy!

Neener Neener

cmdixon2


quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The White Stripes


Thanks everyone!
I must admit, it was hard to lose when this one was up for it's original derby. This is probably my favorite design I've ever done and I was really happy with the way it turned out. I would be ecstatic to see it have it's day (even if it doesn't end up being here). I'm glad it's being enjoyed though. Thanks again for all the comments and support!

parrotworks


quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: The White Stripes


Brilliant.

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

I haven't yet bought a CMDixon shirt, but I'd buy both this and Pinkerton should they print.

walmazan


quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The White Stripes


Full of awesomeness!

Blinkfive8two


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blinkfive8two
Re: The White Stripes


In for at least one

nyren


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Re: The White Stripes


The only red shirt I've ever even considered buying if it won. I'd get this in a second. GMV.

Esoteric1081


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081
Re: The White Stripes


Is the person in the picture a self portrait or based on somebody you know?
Just curious, that's all.

eveningninja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eveningninja

Is there any way I can mark this design (or others for that matter) as a favorite/bookmark or something so that I can come back to it easily later to see if it has become a shirt?

I'm new to this site and don't really know how to do a lot of things. Thanks.

chennai8


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
eveningninja wrote:Is there any way I can mark this design (or others for that matter) as a favorite/bookmark or something so that I can come back to it easily later to see if it has become a shirt?

I'm new to this site and don't really know how to do a lot of things. Thanks.


I do not think so. What you can do is check the "Reckoning" link on the top right navigation sometime next week. All the current weeks print will be listed on "Bystanders" column. voting ends tomorrow, This might be one of the 7 shirts printed from Friday to next Thursday. Hope it helps.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

cmdixon2


quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Esoteric1081 wrote:Is the person in the picture a self portrait or based on somebody you know?
Just curious, that's all.


Not really. I'm a pretty terrible painter in real life so it's definitely not me.

I do work with an amazing graffiti artist, though he uses spray paint rather than a brush.

CrescentDebris


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: The White Stripes


Voted. I think this is one of your best. Good luck.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
eveningninja wrote:Is there any way I can mark this design (or others for that matter) as a favorite/bookmark or something so that I can come back to it easily later to see if it has become a shirt?

I'm new to this site and don't really know how to do a lot of things. Thanks.


Ignore the post immediately before yours.

The deal is, a new shirt is printed every day. During derbies (like the one this shirt is in) the top three shirts are printed: first place on Thursday at midnight CST, second place on Friday at midnight CST, and Saturday at midnight CST. If this shirt does not print one of those three days because it wasn't in the top three (based on votes), then it would normally be gone.

HOWEVER, this derby is what's called a double-take derby. Following the top three prints, there are editors' choice shirts where woot chooses from the derby entries the daily shirts, i.e.: shirts printed the other four days of the week.

So, if it doesn't make it in the top three, there is a possibility that it will be printed the following four days.

Moral of the story, check every day at midnight CST for a new shirt, and especially check Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for this particular shirt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eveningninja


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eveningninja

Thanks for the replies guys, that really helps a lot. I'm excited for all these awesome shirts!

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: The White Stripes


this HAS to win!

papapalmesdixon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages papapalmesdixon
Esoteric1081 wrote:Is the person in the picture a self portrait or based on somebody you know?
Just curious, that's all.


Chris is right handed, if that helps any.

chennai8


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
kylemittskus wrote:Ignore the post immediately before yours.

The deal is, a new shirt is printed every day. During derbies (like the one this shirt is in) the top three shirts are printed: first place on Thursday at midnight CST, second place on Friday at midnight CST, and Saturday at midnight CST. If this shirt does not print one of those three days because it wasn't in the top three (based on votes), then it would normally be gone.

HOWEVER, this derby is what's called a double-take derby. Following the top three prints, there are editors' choice shirts where woot chooses from the derby entries the daily shirts, i.e.: shirts printed the other four days of the week.

So, if it doesn't make it in the top three, there is a possibility that it will be printed the following four days.

Moral of the story, check every day at midnight CST for a new shirt, and especially check Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for this particular shirt.


Did you mean "after" yours? :P
right, Double take prints 7, regular Derby prints top 3.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: The White Stripes


I really want this shirt to print this time - it rocks! And that's despite the fact that Icky Thump sets my teeth on edge.

buriedwreckage


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: The White Stripes


This should have printed last time so I really hope to see a win for your awesome design this time around. GMV and my $10 (hopefully).

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail