Derby #158: Physics
+59

The 3rd Law of Motion

The 3rd Law of Motion
add a comment

Comments

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: The 3rd Law of Motion


Newton's 3rd Law of Motion states for every action there is an opposite yet equal reaction.

The two arrows represent the forces, and their coloring is intended to emphasize their opposite nature.

apeman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: The 3rd Law of Motion


I like that its very basic and nicely colored but I feel like its hard to connect with physics especially with the no text thing, good idea tho

wootfast


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Re: The 3rd Law of Motion


This reminds me of the ReBoot Icon!

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
apeman wrote:I like that its very basic and nicely colored but I feel like its hard to connect with physics especially with the no text thing, good idea tho


Thanks! I agree it's pretty abstract. Coming up with design ideas has been tough for me this week. I'm a mechanical engineer, so my brain complete switches to math mode when it comes to physics. This felt like the best way to do explain an abstract idea without using text or a series of illustrations.

wootfast wrote:This reminds me of the ReBoot Icon!


It's been ages since I last saw that show.

After googling it, I see what you mean about their logo and my design being similar.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The 3rd Law of Motion


Equal and opposite. Yeah, pretty cool. GMV.

Don't push anyone around who's wearing this shirt. :^)

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

VERY VERY awesome symbol.

I love what it stands for and love the way it looks.

Well done.

Would you kindly...

bebop7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bebop7
Re: The 3rd Law of Motion


Totally, graphically, concisely expresses the third law, in a memorable way. I teach it, I'd wear it, the kids would get it.

Bazinga!

loaba


quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

I love the design simplicity, it's very wearable. But if you hadn't explained the 3rd law of Physics to me, I wouldn't get it. It's just too abstract.

loaba


quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
loaba wrote:I love the design simplicity, it's very wearable. But if you hadn't explained the 3rd law of Physics to me, I wouldn't get it. It's just too abstract.

And I still don't get it apparently (it's 3rd law of Motion...)

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
loaba wrote:And I still don't get it apparently (it's 3rd law of Motion...)


This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion

I agree it is abstract, but then a lot of physics is rather abstract.

loaba


quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba
Lagbert wrote:This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion

I agree it is abstract, but then a lot of physics is rather abstract.


Thanks for the link. I wonder, could you find a way to incorporate a Roman numeral III? Would that still count as text?

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail