Derby #158: Physics
+415

Gravity

add a comment

Comments

sogj


quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: Gravity


I like this! But is that a woot shirt color? I can't tell, is it orange?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
sogj wrote:I like this! But is that a woot shirt color? I can't tell, is it orange?


yeah! It is Woot orange... from the Woot submission kit... color may vary a bit from one screen to another.... it has been some time that I am willing to buy a orange tee from woot.

sogj


quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
fabiofranca wrote:yeah! It is Woot orange... from the Woot submission kit... color may vary a bit from one screen to another.... it has been some time that I am willing to buy a orange tee from woot.


Oh great! I just wanted to make sure, this monitor isn't calibrated and I wasn't sure what color I was looking at. ;)

This is a cool design! +1

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Gravity


It sure is! Minimalist and really good, fabiofranca.

cosmiccow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
Re: Gravity


It looks like a Christmas ornament.

thegeekywife


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegeekywife

Orange is a color that I don't see very often. Thanks for not using slate or navy!

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Gravity


Love it my friend! +1

jel2301


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Re: Gravity


Can you post a larger pic or close-up of the top of the gray circle? I can't quite tell what's going on.

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca


Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Gravity


This looks like it could be on the cover of one of my 50's SF anthologies. That's not a bad thing.

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
walmazan wrote:Love it my friend! +1


Thanks walma!

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Re: Gravity


I don't really see the gravity here...? Maybe I just don't get it?

jessison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessison
Re: Gravity


I think it's a good concept, but the colors remind me too much of Target. Seems like a shirt all the employees might be wearing...if they were cool of course

tulsastorm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tulsastorm

It's the new Target logo!!!

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Darquis wrote:I don't really see the gravity here...? Maybe I just don't get it?


Darquis
If it wasn't gravity, the rocket of this little astronaut would not be able to stand on this small planet.

shinyhappy1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinyhappy1
jessison wrote:I think it's a good concept, but the colors remind me too much of Target. Seems like a shirt all the employees might be wearing...if they were cool of course


This was my first thought as well. I might not have been so readily reminded of Target if it was a different color.

Hammylink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Gravity


I wish it was just the rocketship w/o the person.

______________________________________________

Hammylink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Hammylink wrote:I wish it was just the rocketship w/o the person.


...and yes it does look like Target paraphernalia and you might have bullseyed a lot of boobs with the small lighter circle.

______________________________________________

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Hammylink wrote:...and yes it does look like Target paraphernalia and you might have bullseyed a lot of boobs with the small lighter circle.


I took my inspiration on some mix between The Little Prince from Saint-Exupéry and the Jules Verne's journey ) Hope you also enjoy the orange look... it is very wearable with the grey tonalities. And come on guys...
you cannot limit all this design to something like the Target logo... There is a long way between both...

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Gravity


It's odd that I'm seeing this in the fog with vote total listed of 167 votes and also 10th place. They only have 2 designs rejected, both obviously deserving rejection and neither ever having seen the fog, so I'm sure this belongs in the fog. Woot has some kind of bug going on.

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Gravity



Personally, I love the really 60s/retro vibe going here, and the grey & orange (am I seeing those correctly?) work really well together. Target logo -- not so much, imho, as the bullseye symbol has been around & in use by plenty of others before and since.

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Josephus wrote:It's odd that I'm seeing this in the fog with vote total listed of 167 votes and also 10th place. They only have 2 designs rejected, both obviously deserving rejection and neither ever having seen the fog, so I'm sure this belongs in the fog. Woot has some kind of bug going on.

The swallows and coconut design had two of the same submission in the fog, so woot took the old submission down, that is why you could see the numbers while in the fog.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
megsck wrote:The swallows and coconut design had two of the same submission in the fog, so woot took the old submission down, that is why you could see the numbers while in the fog.


Oooooh. That would explain it XD

Would you kindly...

MarianDallas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarianDallas
fabiofranca wrote:I took my inspiration on some mix between The Little Prince from Saint-Exupéry and the Jules Verne's journey )


Totally see The Little Prince. Love it!

albinoapple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Gravity


What exactly makes this about physics? Because gravity is in play? Doesn't that mean any shirt that takes place on any planet is relevant?

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
albinoapple wrote:What exactly makes this about physics? Because gravity is in play? Doesn't that mean any shirt that takes place on any planet is relevant?


Agreed

Would you kindly...

lonelypond


quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Gravity


very nice

Vote:

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Gravity


totally get the little prince reference. =)

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
albinoapple wrote:What exactly makes this about physics? Because gravity is in play? Doesn't that mean any shirt that takes place on any planet is relevant?


Hi albinoapple... This design has many references to physics and natural phenomenons. you can see a mix of planetary systems with attraction and gravity going on. Graphically we can also make references to atoms. The position of the little guy and his rocket on the globe shows the wonders of Gravity. Otherwise they would fall.

But I wanted also to keep some poetry... Life is about it too... all those phenomenons are there so we can forget the practical side and admire the beauty of all those things ruling our lives and existence, that's why we can see literary references, dream and overall simplicity because I think that this is all about it. Oh God I may be accused here of grits with all this speech, but I don't care I did what I felt...

Ah, sorry about my english, I should never write too much on a foreign language.)

RT0wn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RT0wn
Re: Gravity


This shirt. Now.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
fabiofranca wrote:Darquis
If it wasn't gravity, the rocket of this little astronaut would not be able to stand on this small planet.


I see what you mean, maybe I should have been more clear.

If gravity is being represented merely by someone standing on a planet, then doesn't that open the door to many other entries which are also "gravity is in play, so physics are represented" because the entry takes place on a planet/people are not floating away?

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I do like the entry, I just feel it's not related enough to the theme. Best of luck!

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Darquis wrote:I see what you mean, maybe I should have been more clear.

If gravity is being represented merely by someone standing on a planet, then doesn't that open the door to many other entries which are also "gravity is in play, so physics are represented" because the entry takes place on a planet/people are not floating away?

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I do like the entry, I just feel it's not related enough to the theme. Best of luck!


I understand you darquis... but have you read the post I did after I wrote you that? All the best and thx for coming by

EggyToast


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast

I like too that the figure seems posed similarly to Newton chillin' under a tree. Perhaps one of those planets is going to bonk him on the head, too ;D

cosmiccow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
jessison wrote:I think it's a good concept, but the colors remind me too much of Target. Seems like a shirt all the employees might be wearing...if they were cool of course


I thought of that, too. I used to work at Target. I realized that's what made me kind of recoil at this shirt. The colors, shapes, everything about it is very similar to their design scheme.

teeidea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeidea
Re: Gravity


This is out of the fog?
Ahh, no way to have a decent orange woot tee this time (

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
cosmiccow wrote:I thought of that, too. I used to work at Target. I realized that's what made me kind of recoil at this shirt. The colors, shapes, everything about it is very similar to their design scheme.


I understand your situation cosmiccow. Don't want you to have nightmares with this tee ;)))

Anyway it is too bad for me, cause I wanted to see this orange tee printed by woot... but I am already out of the fog... so I guess no chance...

Kazzjinsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kazzjinsky
Re: Gravity


Awesome design, very classic. It does remind me of a Target ad because of the relations of the planets to each other, of course Target stole the whole retro-pop-art thing anyways...damn consumerism.

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Kazzjinsky wrote:Awesome design, very classic. It does remind me of a Target ad because of the relations of the planets to each other, of course Target stole the whole retro-pop-art thing anyways...damn consumerism.


Well said!

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Gravity




  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Gravity


Thanks everyone!!! Damm! I was getting so close....

DangerMan5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMan5
Re: Gravity



I love this shirt dude. It's a shame it didn't get picked. If there is anyway I could get my hands on this shirt I would do it.

shanevendrell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanevendrell
Re: Gravity


Glad it got picked for an honorable mention! I am in for at least 1 if you print it! Go Woot!!

shanevendrell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanevendrell
Re: Gravity


Glad it got picked for an honorable mention! I am in for at least 1 if you print it! Go Woot!!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail