Derby #158: Physics

Schrödinger's Cat

To similar to shirt we've already printed

Rejected because: To similar to shirt we've already printed

add a comment

Comments

Siax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


this is sick +1 from me but hopefully it wont get rejected because of the other Schrödinger's Cat shirt that woot sold

Azroix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Schrödinger's cat in his famous quantum physics example realizes the idea of two possibilities both existing simultaneously and both being equally valid.

The cat in the box is both dead and alive.
But who knew that when the box was opened, both possibilities would still be true.

Schrödinger knew.

Twistedmonkey22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


So much love for this shirt. zombie cats!

miztickow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages miztickow
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


Schrodinger's zombie cat!!!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


Thank you for showing the woot community that a similar (or in this case, identical) idea can be done in a COMPLETELY different style.

+1.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Siax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
kylemittskus wrote:Thank you for showing the woot community that a similar (or in this case, identical) idea can be done in a COMPLETELY different style.

+1.


I agree and if it prints I will totally buy one!

Azroix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix
kylemittskus wrote:Thank you for showing the woot community that a similar (or in this case, identical) idea can be done in a COMPLETELY different style.

+1.


Thanks, though I have to admit I was worried when someone mentioned the first Schrodinger's Cat that woot sold. I hadn't seen it before and was hoping that it wasn't similar to my design. So happy it's not.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Azroix wrote:Thanks, though I have to admit I was worried when someone mentioned the first Schrodinger's Cat that woot sold. I hadn't seen it before and was hoping that it wasn't similar to my design. So happy it's not.


You used the EXACT SAME idea. But, contrary to what a large number of this community's members say -- namely that every idea has been done; ergo nothing is original -- you took the idea in a completely different direction. IMO, your shirt is completely safe from rejection and serves as an excellent example of what I said before.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

BaldBob007


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


This reminds me of the awesomeness that was Invader Zim.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
BaldBob007 wrote:This reminds me of the awesomeness that was Invader Zim.


THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING!

Very awesome take on the radiated cat! :D

Would you kindly...

rd108


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rd108
BaldBob007 wrote:This reminds me of the awesomeness that was Invader Zim.


It's totally the teeth.

Anyway, I would totally buy this. It's a great idea and it looks just amazing.

BaldBob007


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
rd108 wrote:It's totally the teeth.

Anyway, I would totally buy this. It's a great idea and it looks just amazing.


Yeah, definitely the teeth; also the tongue and, to a lesser extent, the eyes. However, the overall dark, twisted vibe is there, too. Like you say, amazing! ;)

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kylemittskus wrote:You used the EXACT SAME idea. But, contrary to what a large number of this community's members say -- namely that every idea has been done; ergo nothing is original -- you took the idea in a completely different direction. IMO, your shirt is completely safe from rejection and serves as an excellent example of what I said before.


I think this is a great drawing and great colors. That said, I think that one Schrodinger's Cat shirt pringint is more than enough. It seems like a few have popped up since Diana's won. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not, but I really don't want to see multiple schrodinger's cat designs in every derby for the next year or whatever.

Again, great job, especially on the colors. Hope to see more designs in this style in the futre.





jnelson62


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


I love the coloring...this would so make a great addition to my Woot shirt collection!!!! VOTE TWICE!

Azroix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Thanks for all the kind words. Based on votes, this is my most successful debry entry ever!

terminatorgir


quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


reminds me of invader zim. especially the tongue

stian


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stian
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


Awesome work, i would definately buy this one

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
stian wrote:Awesome work, i would definately buy this one


I feel like everyone would.

Its on-topic and would look great on a shirt

Would you kindly...

Azroix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Azroix wrote:Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.


I agree with you - but rejections are always fickle.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

of ALL the shirts to get ban-hammered in this derby.

One of the only ones on-topic :/

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Azroix wrote:Yeah, and I was pretty hype about all the votes I'd gotten.


I'm so sorry it got bizanned.. ):

I really love this shirt, its totally shirt-able.

I feel people choose pretty designs over whats actually wearable.


And I dont know what the rejectionators problem is.

Better luck next time I guess. Youre very talented, I can't wait to see waht you have next.

Would you kindly...

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
LOLcommunism wrote:I'm so sorry it got bizanned.. ):

I really love this shirt, its totally shirt-able.

I feel people choose pretty designs over whats actually wearable.


And I dont know what the rejectionators problem is.

Better luck next time I guess. Youre very talented, I can't wait to see waht you have next.


yea how can this get regected when there is a design in the fog with text in it?? and this is nothing like the other shirt.

laurafoy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy
Re: Schrödinger's Cat


So does this mean there's a permanent ban on all shirt representations of Shrodinger's cat experiment?

This isn't at all similar to the other shirt. Just think of all the shirts with robots on them that get printed, are they all similar to each other because of similar subject matter?

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
laurafoy wrote:So does this mean there's a permanent ban on all shirt representations of Shrodinger's cat experiment?

This isn't at all similar to the other shirt. Just think of all the shirts with robots on them that get printed, are they all similar to each other because of similar subject matter?


Thats what I was talking about.

This site spits out bunny, turtle, and cat shirts all the time. :/

Might as well ban all those.

Would you kindly...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
Azroix wrote:Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.


Dear Woot:

I don't necessarily disagree with your rejection and I understand your reasoning. However, how this shirt is still allowed is beyond me. UNLESS... the aforementioned shirt may/is going to win and your goal is to make money without regard for fairness, art, or logic.

Sincerely,

An extremely disappointed customer, less because of the rejection and more because of a realization I was naively hoping wouldn't come.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
kylemittskus wrote:Dear Woot:

I don't necessarily disagree with your rejection and I understand your reasoning. However, how this shirt is still allowed is beyond me. UNLESS... the aforementioned shirt may/is going to win and your goal is to make money without regard for fairness, art, or logic.

Sincerely,

An extremely disappointed customer, less because of the rejection and more because of a realization I was naively hoping wouldn't come.


Agreed.


Would you kindly...

jxchen


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
LOLcommunism wrote:Agreed.




This rejection doesn't make a lot of sense, but I am really confused to see so many people supporting what is a giant style bite of Jhonen Vasquez's work. I guess it's ok to rip people's style as long as it's not Japanese looking.

Hammylink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink

Woot's commenting is so buggy...but I digress.

I thought the last Schrodingy shirt was totally boring. This one would be a lot more wearable and it fits the theme perfectly. And...I think it's even more Psychedelic than the first design with the colors used even without text.

Awesome should not be considered as being too similar to boring.

______________________________________________

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
jxchen wrote:This rejection doesn't make a lot of sense, but I am really confused to see so many people supporting what is a giant style bite of Jhonen Vasquez's work. I guess it's ok to rip people's style as long as it's not Japanese looking.


I did some Googling and I can't really see how this is "ripping" his style. It may be similar, but I don't really think it was an intentional attempt to mimic. Inspiration? Maybe. Plagiarism? Certainly not.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dreamwootseeker


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

C'mon, Woot, not only do you reject good design over shiny, cute stuff with a vengeance, you also misspell simple words doing it. Is it "too" much to ask for you "to" know the difference between "to" and "too"?

"To similar", seriously? Forgoing that error, this is not even *remotely* similar. That had a retro cat, this has a zombie, and no I don't mean that sarcastically.

Anyhow, feel bad for the artist, hard luck man. Please keep up the good work and don't go the glowy, bunny, mariokart/back to the future/dr. who/etc way

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail