Derby #163: Rainy Day
+567

Needs more umbrella

Needs more umbrella
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Needs more umbrella

Cats hate rainy days.... they really need to just shell out for another umbrella.

The bottom one is ready.

Thanks everyone for the great comments in the pre-derby thread!

Vote!


lkackman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Needs more umbrella


Stack my cats? Why yes, please!

This is cute. GMV.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Needs more umbrella


You have such a recognisable style, jas', and it's purrfectly suited to shirts. Especially like this. ^_^

astyrfan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages astyrfan
Spiritgreen wrote:You have such a recognisable style, jas', and it's purrfectly suited to shirts. Especially like this. ^_^


I think you've managed to capture every single range of cat emotion. Particularly the irked ones.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Needs more umbrella


Cute! I like the kitty on the bottom.



megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Needs more umbrella


cute as always! you have a way with cat expressions jasneko.

cat thing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing
Re: Needs more umbrella


I think I need this shirt and your original stack cats shirt! ( here ... in case anyone hasn't seen it) I love the way you draw cats and both of these are cute and creative.

I don't think this situation would work out so well for my cats though. Mango loves getting wet (he's been known to hop into the shower when someone's in there), but Bean doesn't ... and Sarah (the older grumpyface cat) hates it when Mango and Bean jump on top of her!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
lkackman wrote:Stack my cats? Why yes, please!

This is cute. GMV.

I'd be happy to stack your cats, provided they are well-mannered and will tolerate being stacked:D
Thanks lkackman!

Spiritgreen wrote:You have such a recognisable style, jas', and it's purrfectly suited to shirts. Especially like this. ^_^
Much thanks spiritgreen! After I got a cat, cats pretty much became my number one favorite doodling subject all through school!=)

astyrfan wrote:I think you've managed to capture every single range of cat emotion. Particularly the irked ones.
Thanks! I've definitely observed a lot of cat emotion so that must have helped, hehe.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Cute! I like the kitty on the bottom.
Thanks fishbiscuit! He's not so happy, both being on the bottom AND getting rain in the face!

megsck wrote:cute as always! you have a way with cat expressions jasneko.
Thank you megsck! The years of cat watching must be paying off;)

cat thing wrote:I think I need this shirt and your original stack cats shirt! ( here ... in case anyone hasn't seen it) I love the way you draw cats and both of these are cute and creative.

I don't think this situation would work out so well for my cats though. Mango loves getting wet (he's been known to hop into the shower when someone's in there), but Bean doesn't ... and Sarah (the older grumpyface cat) hates it when Mango and Bean jump on top of her!
Aw thanks, Stack Cats was one of my favs! I should do something with it.

Hahaha that's hilarious about your cats. It's a brain-teaser... could Mango go on the bottom since he loves getting wet (it's all puddlely on the ground!), then Bean, and then Sarah on top with the umbrella?:D

Vote!


walmazan


quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Needs more umbrella


So beauty tee, excellent palette colors! and alway enjoy your subs!

Another nice one!

cat thing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing
jasneko wrote:Aw thanks, Stack Cats was one of my favs! I should do something with it.

Hahaha that's hilarious about your cats. It's a brain-teaser... could Mango go on the bottom since he loves getting wet (it's all puddlely on the ground!), then Bean, and then Sarah on top with the umbrella?:D


hehe maybe! But I don't think Sarah would tolerate being on top of the other cats either. She would probably rather grump in a puddle than play with them under an umbrella

cantstopthesignal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal
Re: Needs more umbrella



I don't like the stock-middle-of-the-chest placement. I would really rather have the side placement.


jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
walmazan wrote:So beauty tee, excellent palette colors! and alway enjoy your subs!

Another nice one!

Much thanks walmazan!

cat thing wrote:hehe maybe! But I don't think Sarah would tolerate being on top of the other cats either. She would probably rather grump in a puddle than play with them under an umbrella
hehe ah well, a cat grumping in a puddle is cute too!

cantstopthesignal wrote:I don't like the stock-middle-of-the-chest placement. I would really rather have the side placement.

Aw, I'm sorry about that... I like side placements too... the design ended up being wider than I planned which didn't work quite as well with the side and most people in the pre-derby thread seemed to prefer the center. Look out for future designs though, because I do like side placements!

Vote!


loveengrey


quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

I really like how you did the rain. Looks a lot like a crayon. Gives a nice feeling to the design.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Needs more umbrella


My main complaint is that you misspelled "MOAR"

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Needs more umbrella


no one can put cats on top of one another like you can jazz

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Needs more umbrella

loveengrey wrote:I really like how you did the rain. Looks a lot like a crayon. Gives a nice feeling to the design.
I was kind of unsure about the way I did the rain, so glad to hear it - thanks lovengrey!

IndependentVik wrote:My main complaint is that you misspelled "MOAR"
haha I just couldn't do it - this time anyway

icymallard wrote:no one can put cats on top of one another like you can jazz
Such a coveted skill! Thanks icy!



Vote!


JesseBYAH


quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
IndependentVik wrote:My main complaint is that you misspelled "MOAR"


HAHA that's true! If it prints, maybe you can get woot to re-title it for you ;)

Love this, and the rain looks really cool! As stated before, the expressions are perfect. I just adopted a kitty. She has some pretty AMAZING expressions, lol

avhienda01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

Haha, I really like the expression on the moody kitty at the bottom. Love the texture you used for the rain! Looks really cool

MaureenJ8


quality posts: 2 Private Messages MaureenJ8
Re: Needs more umbrella


I hope this prints. I <3 your cat designs and have been wanting to get one for a long time.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Needs more umbrella

JesseBYAH wrote:HAHA that's true! If it prints, maybe you can get woot to re-title it for you ;)

Love this, and the rain looks really cool! As stated before, the expressions are perfect. I just adopted a kitty. She has some pretty AMAZING expressions, lol
hehe maybe they will. Thanks Jessebyah, and congrats on your kitty!! They do have fantastic expressions:D

avhienda01 wrote:Haha, I really like the expression on the moody kitty at the bottom. Love the texture you used for the rain! Looks really cool
hehe yeah he got a bad deal - the bottom AND rain in his face. Thanks on the texture too

MaureenJ8 wrote:I hope this prints. I <3 your cat designs and have been wanting to get one for a long time.
Thanks very much MaureenJ8, very nice to hear.


Vote!


bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Needs more umbrella


Really love the colors you've chosen here, Jasneko! It's kind of a playful feeling for a rainy day, which is otterific. I love the poor kitty on the bottom, he looks like my friend's fat, angry kitteh. Rowrrrr!

examae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
Re: Needs more umbrella


lol so simple <3 I think it's the expressions that really win 'em over +1

lonelypond


quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Needs more umbrella


Nice pile o' cats. I've got a slot in my closet for a shirt of yours with a cat + I'd be very happy if it were this one : )

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Needs more umbrella

bassanimation wrote:Really love the colors you've chosen here, Jasneko! It's kind of a playful feeling for a rainy day, which is otterific. I love the poor kitty on the bottom, he looks like my friend's fat, angry kitteh. Rowrrrr!
Thanks bassanimation - I prefer to wear more colors on rainy days. Haha that's otterific if you know a fat angry kitteh that looks like that one!:D

examae wrote:lol so simple <3 I think it's the expressions that really win 'em over +1
In real life too, cat expressions win me over;)

lonelypond wrote:Nice pile o' cats. I've got a slot in my closet for a shirt of yours with a cat + I'd be very happy if it were this one : )
Thanks lonelypond that's so nice! I'd be happy if it were this one too
: )


Vote!


jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Needs more umbrella

Thanks for the support on this everyone!

>^..^<

Vote!


More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail