Derby #171: Meat
+525

F.Y.I.

add a comment

Comments

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: F.Y.I.


Just thought you should know.


tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: F.Y.I.


Great looking shirt Boots, love the colors. Isn't Unicorn meat supposed to be tough and gamy though? I guess if it's highly processed and canned as shown it would make a good sandwich spread.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
tgentry wrote:Great looking shirt Boots, love the colors. Isn't Unicorn meat supposed to be tough and gamy though? I guess if it's highly processed and canned as shown it would make a good sandwich spread.


If prepared properly it's an excellent source of wishes and dreams. ;)


odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: F.Y.I.


Great work as usual, Boots!





wootvan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: F.Y.I.


I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.

lkackman


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: F.Y.I.


I have a feeling they also taste sparkly. Nice idea boots, love the humor.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
wootvan wrote:I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.


There I go again, trying to shoehorn a design in so that it fits the theme. Caught!


Thanks, guys!


Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: F.Y.I.


:D

This was my first thought: Ha!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: F.Y.I.


canned unicorn! hope its dolphin safe!
+1

studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: F.Y.I.


Boots, did you eat the last unicorn? Seriously, the shelves are empty.

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: F.Y.I.


Nice, Boots!

Lord Voldemort would approve.

bedodread


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedodread
Re: F.Y.I.


ha! my girlfriend loves them more than me, and rides her horses every day... hoping this prints >D

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
wootvan wrote:I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.


Or it's tinned like caviar, another delicacy. But yeah, Unicorn Snuff makes more sense.

YinofYang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: F.Y.I.


Would the common person be able to afford this? It's just that unicorns are so rare to begin with, I can't imagine it would be cheap to buy this. I suppose I'll just have to buy this shirt. :D

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: F.Y.I.



It's like unicorn cocaine. I'd snort that ...

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
wootvan wrote:I dunno...that tin makes it look like you are pushing Unicorn Snuff which, of course, is made from coarsely ground horn (no meat or by-products) with a pinch of MSG added.

hehe When I first saw it I was wondering as well... what is that supposed to be? Unicorn cream of wheat? Unicorn edible cold cream?

Definitely up for interpretation hehe

Vote!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
jasneko wrote:hehe When I first saw it I was wondering as well... what is that supposed to be? Unicorn cream of wheat? Unicorn edible cold cream?

Definitely up for interpretation hehe


Heh! I was thinking unicorn meat would look kind of like tuna, but puffier and shinier.


mopete27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopete27
BootsBoots wrote:Heh! I was thinking unicorn meat would look kind of like tuna, but puffier and shinier.


this is hilarious everytime i look at it. in for 1

thinksharp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinksharp

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/

http://brainyfarmwife.blogspot.com

avhienda01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: F.Y.I.


I really like the vibe I get from this shirt - feels like a 'vintage' shirt with the colors and text. zombtastic work, Boots. GMV.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
thinksharp wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/


Were you implying something by posting those? I'm pretty sure every kind of meat has been on a shirt at one point or another.

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: F.Y.I.


Must have.

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: F.Y.I.


I can't wait to mix this with some mayo and relish and have a super tasty sandwich!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

traviswho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: F.Y.I.


fantastical! such a happy shirt to herald in the dark days ahead for the unicorn race

MBrulla


quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
Re: F.Y.I.


Proving yet again that you are the font queen.

Great work on both of your subs, Boots^2.

shellsandoval


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval
BootsBoots wrote:Just thought you should know.


I am honestly more partial to the other sub this derby but it was fine art work.

jxchen


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: F.Y.I.


Nice design, however the original meme is already for sale on a shirt here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
jxchen wrote:Nice design, however the original meme is already for sale on a shirt here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/


Boots' design is WAY more wearable and substantially different. It's an awesome pop culture reference, not stolen art. I am SO GLAD for this shirt - I thought there'd be nothing in this derby for me when I saw the theme *shudder* but I LOVE UNICORNS!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
BootsBoots wrote:Just thought you should know.


Just had a thought....a partial chunk of unicorn horn sticking out of the mush in the can would be rather awesome.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

jxchen


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
fairnymph wrote:Boots' design is WAY more wearable and substantially different. It's an awesome pop culture reference, not stolen art. I am SO GLAD for this shirt - I thought there'd be nothing in this derby for me when I saw the theme *shudder* but I LOVE UNICORNS!


The concept is exactly the same, and while this one is executed in a nicer way, the fact of the matter is a similar shirt exists and is currently for sale.

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
jxchen wrote:The concept is exactly the same, and while this one is executed in a nicer way, the fact of the matter is a similar shirt exists and is currently for sale.


Because it's unicorn meat? Every other meat that is featured in this derby, has already been featured on a shirt. Are you saying that since there are fewer examples of unicorn meat on a shirt as opposed to beef on a shirt that the unicorn idea should be rejected?


Chumpy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chumpy
Re: F.Y.I.


Definitely has the bootsboots charm.

weirdpuckett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
Re: F.Y.I.


Great design Bootsy!

cobaltgrl


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
jxchen wrote:Nice design, however the original meme is already for sale on a shirt here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/


Pretty much every idea you can think of is already on a t-shirt, some so many times it would make your head spin. What is your point?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cobaltgrl wrote:Pretty much every idea you can think of is already on a t-shirt, some so many times it would make your head spin. What is your point?


I think the point is that's not true. Lots of ideas are overdone. They shouldn't be done again. But every week there are a good handful of designs which haven't been done, or new takes on old concepts that freshen them up and make then newer. Your comment, therefore, is nothing but wrong. The idea that "there's nothing new under the sun" is nothing but a bad excuse.

brihunts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brihunts
Re: F.Y.I.


http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

AutoTechInSTL


quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL
brihunts wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml


http://www.wimp.com/unicornsighting

Steve was DELICIOUS!

flamespear


quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Re: F.Y.I.


holy crap this is like artist double fog week

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:Heh! I was thinking unicorn meat would look kind of like tuna, but puffier and shinier.


Heh, I immediately thought of canned tuna when I saw this one

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail