Derby #174: Crosshatch
+86

Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

Wolf and Sheep get Civilized
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

Upon suggestion, resub with a different thumbnail.

Nothing says civility like a spot of tea over a chess match!

I used a different program than usual to do this one.


Vote!


goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


This is wonderful! Honestly, of the designs submitted so far, as of this very moment, I feel like yours is the only one with an actual Gorey impression/influence to it. So charming yet moody. GMV, indeed!

YinofYang


quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


I like this departure from your usual style. It works really well as the design comes across as rather striking.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

goldenthorn wrote:This is wonderful! Honestly, of the designs submitted so far, as of this very moment, I feel like yours is the only one with an actual Gorey impression/influence to it. So charming yet moody. GMV, indeed!
Thanks so much goldenthorn! It's funny, I was looking up Gorey images and things, and it reminded me of something I used to love as a kid... so I looked it up, and sure enough, it was his images used in the masterpiece theater - mystery intro. So cool!

YinofYang wrote:I like this departure from your usual style. It works really well as the design comes across as rather striking.
Thanks YinofYang. The crosshatch theme led itself to the different type of style, and I also used a different program than usual so that's probably why it seems so atypical for me.

Vote!


kamran101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamran101

This is really excellent. I like the simplicity.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

kamran101 wrote:This is really excellent. I like the simplicity.
Thanks kamran101!

Vote!


fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


Wonderfully cute, Jas! I'm loving the style and those cute little chess pieces.



jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Wonderfully cute, Jas! I'm loving the style and those cute little chess pieces.

Thank you fishbiscuit! When I decided to have them playing chess, the pieces were something I was particularly looking forward to drawing =)

Vote!


uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


EAT THE SHEEP! EAT THE SHEEP!

Nice work ;D

skaake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skaake
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


Wow, I think if this won, it might be the first shirt I thought about buying. I love everything about this!!!



{{volmod edit: advertising for your derby design does NOT belong in your comments. Any derby promoting must be put in your signature. As you have not yet bought anything from woot, you cannot put images in your signature. But you can place text links to your entry. Please click on "my account" under your username at the top of the page to see/change your signature. Thank you.}}

Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
~Henry Van Dyke

brockart


quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


This is pretty great. I like how the sheep has his collar open with all his fluff coming out.
Great style and illo!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

uniique wrote:EAT THE SHEEP! EAT THE SHEEP!

Nice work ;D
He is far too civilized. He'll just have some scones, please.

Thanks uniique!

skaake wrote:Wow, I think if this won, it might be the first shirt I thought about buying. I love everything about this!!!
Nice! I'd love to be your first purchase, but I don't think it's got much shot - but still awesome to hear, thanks skaake!

brockart wrote:This is pretty great. I like how the sheep has his collar open with all his fluff coming out.
Great style and illo!
Hehe glad you noticed and like the fluff spilling out. Thanks very much brockart.



Vote!


lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized


Sweet characters and style. Who doesn't love a gentlemanly fox with a top hat?

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Wolf and Sheep get Civilized

lucky1988 wrote:Sweet characters and style. Who doesn't love a gentlemanly fox with a top hat?
Thank you Lucky!


Vote!


More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail