Derby #180: Complementary Colors
+538

Little Red Riding Bug

Little Red Riding Bug
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Little Red Riding Bug

Lovely. And impressive illustration.


uniique


quality posts: 2 Private Messages uniique
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Very pleasant on the eyes.... :D

omnitarian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Damned impressive illustration.

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Thanks!!! Here's a detail shot:




JRWorkshop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Love the textures, really cool


Spiritgreen


quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


So good.

My girlfriend goes weak at the knees when she sees a ladybug (ladybird). She would pick up this tee in an instant. :^)

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


yes. yes I will vote for this design!!!

kbloomq1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


I love it!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Really nice with all the little details.


jimmytan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmytan
I LOVE IT! Awesome!

Re: Light On

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Beautiful design and that little touch of red is so effective.

CapSea


quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Bullet1979


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bullet1979
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the two ink colors have to be the complimentary colors? This design has the two ink colors as black and red and the shirt color is green... Or am I misunderstanding the rules?

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Bullet1979 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the two ink colors have to be the complimentary colors? This design has the two ink colors as black and red and the shirt color is green... Or am I misunderstanding the rules?


You are correct in that the two ink colors need to complement each other. The two ink colors in this design are green and red, not sure if it's appearing black-ish on your monitor.




murraymullet


quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


This is fantastic work!!

Cranberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cranberry
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


I adore this. GMV (and my purchase if it prints)!

lauramhpalkovitz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramhpalkovitz
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Great Illo!

Striking use of color.

Jacksspleen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jacksspleen
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


great great!

SquirrelsAreMean


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SquirrelsAreMean
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


It's not everyday a shirt this awesome comes around, I'll be upset if it doesn't print!

bottlehed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


One of the best in this derby!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Stunning linework, wonderful use of canvas, and incredibly deserving of the fog.

jxchen


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


This is an amazing piece. I love the concept and shading in this design. Hope it makes the top three.

avhienda01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Amazing illustration - I love how you curved the leaf into the wolf's head. The texture is awesome too I don't know if I'd wear it, but you've got my vote anyway for the illustration itself.

bjanele


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjanele
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Really, really neat.

topherc1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages topherc1

Haha dude this is awesome. I love the use of a little bold red against lots of faded green. I also think this derby is one of the better ones that have happened recently. Some of them really suck but this one has a lot of potential.

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Thanks everyone for the wonderful response!!




pwned200


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwned200

will defiantly buy if it gets printed

hashimotoyoshio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
bsweber wrote:You are correct in that the two ink colors need to complement each other. The two ink colors in this design are green and red, not sure if it's appearing black-ish on your monitor.


Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.


If you read more closely, the artist says the dark ink color is green, not black. It's just a very dark green on a grass shirt.
And, I would have loved to see how this was done - looks like layers of effort that would have been so interesting. And the payoff is golden. Wonderful, wonderful design.

bsweber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
hashimotoyoshio wrote:Unfortunately he is right. This is on a green tshirt. The colors the will be printed on the shirt is black and red. Many other shirts got rejected because of the shirt being one of the two colors and not the two colors that will be printed. I don't know how consistent woot is going to be when bad tshirt designs get rejected for this rule, but this awesome design is being overlooked... That's quite ok by me, I think you did a great job and it deserves to be left in the derby. (mostly because I disagree with the required two colors SEPARATE from the tshirt color.) As long as both complimentary colors are present and the shirt mainly consists of it, I think it fits in the theme.


The inks that would be printed on the shirt are green and red (on a lighter green shirt). I guess the dark green is appearing black to a number of people? It's definitely green, I swear! Glad you like it, though! The high/low quality of a particular design should not determine whether or not it is allowed to break the rules! But as far as I know, this one is within the guidelines of the derby.




paisleyfox


quality posts: 2 Private Messages paisleyfox
bsweber wrote:The inks that would be printed on the shirt are green and red (on a lighter green shirt). I guess the dark green is appearing black to a number of people? It's definitely green, I swear! Glad you like it, though! The high/low quality of a particular design should not determine whether or not it is allowed to break the rules! But as far as I know, this one is within the guidelines of the derby.


It really is green! I had to look really hard at the close up photo before my eyes adjusted to the green on green. So look close, people!

Lovely design! You have my vote!

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


theres hardly enough red in this design to show complementary colors. IMHO

heartflux


quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
SquirrelsAreMean wrote:It's not everyday a shirt this awesome comes around, I'll be upset if it doesn't print!


Seconded.

I woot, therefore I am.

jstjred


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


haven't logged in in forever.

had to just to vote for this.

great job!

heidih


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heidih
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


Great detail and great concept. Very nice and would wear it myself.

martaf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages martaf
heidih wrote:Great detail and great concept. Very nice and would wear it myself.



agreed best in the derby i'd say!

martaf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages martaf
heidih wrote:Great detail and great concept. Very nice and would wear it myself.


walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


My favorite of this derby, a very wearable design. Good luck with the fog, I hope it makes it to print!

ZandersZa


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: Little Red Riding Bug


This is the only one I'd buy in the derby I think. Very nice design, and I'm hoping the red will 'pop' enough to stand out. GMV.

hashimotoyoshio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hashimotoyoshio
bsweber wrote:The inks that would be printed on the shirt are green and red (on a lighter green shirt). I guess the dark green is appearing black to a number of people? It's definitely green, I swear! Glad you like it, though! The high/low quality of a particular design should not determine whether or not it is allowed to break the rules! But as far as I know, this one is within the guidelines of the derby.


Well! I sit corrected, well played sir, well played.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail