Derby #180: Complementary Colors

Commuter Bikes

No photographs

Rejected because: No photographs

add a comment

Comments

Kowulz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
Re: Commuter Bikes



See the crisp picture here and please give me your vote!


Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

Kowulz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
Re: Commuter Bikes


Rejected because no photographs? Photographs of what?


Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Kowulz wrote:Rejected because no photographs? Photographs of what?


They have some "hidden"/ permeant rules for the derby (I think they are located on the submission page). One of those rules is that artist are not allowed to work from photos (to trace, paint over, silhouette, live trace, et cetera...). This to me seems like a photo of a bike that was simply silhouetted and duplicated. it seems that the people in charge of rejecting designs felt the same way.

Even if the end result is not a photograph, if there is any suspicion that a photograph was used to create the art (as side from it just being a reference), then they usually give it the boot.

Sorry you had to find out about this rule the hard way, but I hope that clears up the confusion. And if this was indeed created from scratch, you should provide evidence (in some fashion other than words) in the comments in order to not get misinterpreted.


Kowulz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
chumpmagic wrote:They have some "hidden"/ permeant rules for the derby (I think they are located on the submission page). One of those rules is that artist are not allowed to work from photos (to trace, paint over, silhouette, live trace, et cetera...). This to me seems like a photo of a bike that was simply silhouetted and duplicated. it seems that the people in charge of rejecting designs felt the same way.

Even if the end result is not a photograph, if there is any suspicion that a photograph was used to create the art (as side from it just being a reference), then they usually give it the boot.

Sorry you had to find out about this rule the hard way, but I hope that clears up the confusion. And if this was indeed created from scratch, you should provide evidence (in some fashion other than words) in the comments in order to not get misinterpreted.


Chump, I appreciate the heads up.

I stand by my process as art. Show me the photo, Woot.

Innocent until her mother shows up!


Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

lozerette


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette
Kowulz wrote:Chump, I appreciate the heads up.

I stand by my process as art. Show me the photo, Woot.

Innocent until her mother shows up!


The problem you're going to run into is that Woot doesn't have to prove a gosh-darn thing.

If it *looks* like a photo was used, they can reject it unless *you* can prove otherwise. They're just trying to protect themselves.

Also, if you didn't use a photo for that image, I'll eat my shoes. :P

Kowulz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz
lozerette wrote:The problem you're going to run into is that Woot doesn't have to prove a gosh-darn thing.

If it *looks* like a photo was used, they can reject it unless *you* can prove otherwise. They're just trying to protect themselves.

Also, if you didn't use a photo for that image, I'll eat my shoes. :P


Loz, I never said it did not originate from a photo. The design was altered in so many ways, that I doubt anyone could prove which photo or bike was involved. It was a stock image BTW.


Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail