Derby #190: Magic

Size Matters

We can't do it, also not appropriate for our audience

Rejected because: We can't do it, also not appropriate for our audience

add a comment

Comments

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Size Matters


collaboration between myself and Ignorant.


Nothing follows.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
taternuggets wrote:collaboration between myself and Ignorant.


Hahaha! I like it.


Teripie


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie
taternuggets wrote:collaboration between myself and Ignorant.


Good job guys!

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

Akashhhhh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Akashhhhh
Re: Size Matters


I...I don't understand. Does Gandalf have a raging hard on and is he pointing at Harry's...ahem...crotch?

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Akashhhhh wrote:I...I don't understand. Does Gandalf have a raging hard on and is he pointing at Harry's...ahem...crotch?


Sad...That is the first thing your mind goes to when looking at this shirt

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Akashhhhh wrote:I...I don't understand. Does Gandalf have a raging hard on and is he pointing at Harry's...ahem...crotch?


I can see what you are saying... he is bent at the knees which is what that bulge is showing...

Perhaps if I didn't crop it that tight so you could see the other side or had any actual artistic ability it wouldn't be confusing.


Nothing follows.

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Size Matters


I disagree with your rejection woot. Take that.


Nothing follows.

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Size Matters


"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?


Probably the placement of Harry's wand and hand is less than subtle. I know Walmazan did "por.n stars" entry that was pretty funny and lighthearted, but it was skating on the edge (I know, because I own one). Heck, woot even had to change the title on it to "Special Delivery" so it would meet their standards.

But yeah, lack of subtlety is likely what killed this.

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
bluejester wrote:Probably the placement of Harry's wand and hand is less than subtle. I know Walmazan did "por.n stars" entry that was pretty funny and lighthearted, but it was skating on the edge (I know, because I own one). Heck, woot even had to change the title on it to "Special Delivery" so it would meet their standards.

But yeah, lack of subtlety is likely what killed this.


We can't even do halftones and now we gotta come up with subtle? geesh.

Appreciate your interpretation though.


Nothing follows.

taternuggets


quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Size Matters


And don't even try to tell me that "can't do it" has anything to do with it looking like a known character... You obviously have never noticed that Harry Potter's arms match each other in length. Unlike this one.... :/


Nothing follows.

explodedwhale


quality posts: 5 Private Messages explodedwhale
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?


well... your design *does* lack dead-eyed forest creatures...

therabbit86ed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?


I loled when I saw this... but only because my mind is always in the gutter...

The size of the 'Staff' is what the fuss is about...

if you know what I mean (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

renegadetim


quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
ignorant wrote:"we can't do it" - why not??

"not appropriate for our audience" - that makes even less sense, how is this inappropriate?


You must be being sarcastic.

Do you not see what prints here on a regular basis?

For one they can't do it because it's way too close to actual characters.

Second, it definitely isn't appropriate for woot. With the title alone, you clearly broke the appropriateness for this site. And the drawing clearly points out the pun. Do you expect a kid to wear this? Yes, there are two potential jokes and kids COULD look at it innocently, but not likely with the way "Size matters" is advertised and plastered everywhere in reference to men.

I personally did laugh, and like the idea, it's just not appropriate for this site. And they can't really print images that are so close to actual characters anyways. Look at the Harry the potter design, same reason for rejection.

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
renegadetim wrote:You must be being sarcastic.

Do you not see what prints here on a regular basis?

For one they can't do it because it's way too close to actual characters.

Second, it definitely isn't appropriate for woot. With the title alone, you clearly broke the appropriateness for this site. And the drawing clearly points out the pun. Do you expect a kid to wear this? Yes, there are two potential jokes and kids COULD look at it innocently, but not likely with the way "Size matters" is advertised and plastered everywhere in reference to men.

I personally did laugh, and like the idea, it's just not appropriate for this site. And they can't really print images that are so close to actual characters anyways. Look at the Harry the potter design, same reason for rejection.


Relax it's just fun to complain, but this is just a PG joke at best.

And I'm glad that you think we are such great artist that our Generic Wizard, and Young Boy Wizard look just like the real thing. Those two characters are pretty protective of their images, so it is good that this got shut down when it did.

Don't worry about us though, we got right back on our horse and entered a new shirt in this derby....vote please (but don't tell Bunny that we put him on a shirt).

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=50881

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail