Derby #194: Science Fair
+173

Anyone Out There? (resub)

Anyone Out There? (resub)
add a comment

Comments

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)


My two voters, vote again please! I may or may not have OCD and had to fix the alien's right ear! That line was seriously out of place.

Oh don't tell me you haven't done that before!

Thanks for voting!

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
ochopika wrote:My two voters, vote again please! I may or may not have OCD and had to fix the alien's right ear! That line was seriously out of place.

Oh don't tell me you haven't done that before!

Thanks for voting!


I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic

wubupon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
blinddog3d wrote:I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic


astronomy is a science....

gayemeyer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)


Oh I just love this!!!! I want this tshirt too. This and the 8 fold path. love it love it. don't touch those alien ears. They are perfect.

gayemeyer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
blinddog3d wrote:I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic


Bah--you are seriously mistaken. Astronomy is definitely science!

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

blinddog3d wrote:I'll tell ya what's out of place...
...This entry.

Off Topic


Astronomy is science. Kids do science fair projects about astronomy and about life on other planets.

They often research astronomy for these projects by looking at the stars.

The alien doesn't make it off topic because:

Exhibit A: If imaginary things are off topic, then most of the posts here are going to be rejected.

Exhibit B: Aliens probably do exist somewhere in the universe, and they likely do science fair projects about life in outer space.

Nice play on my words though. I lol'ed.

jeagraham


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeagraham
Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)


Beautifully done! Fingers crossed for this one =D

gwyn779


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: Anyone Out There? (resub)


I like the artwork and content, but the placement/layout isn't the best, especially for someone who has any significant roundness up top (i.e. boobs). The kid is far enough to the side that he would likely not be viewed completely, plus the alien falls into the directly-under-and-therefore-possibly-in-shadow area, especially with how far to the side it is.

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

gwyn779 wrote:I like the artwork and content, but the placement/layout isn't the best, especially for someone who has any significant roundness up top (i.e. boobs). The kid is far enough to the side that he would likely not be viewed completely, plus the alien falls into the directly-under-and-therefore-possibly-in-shadow area, especially with how far to the side it is.


oh shoot, i have like.. no boobs so I forget to think about that. If I make it smaller, that should solve it.
Ill play around with the size and see if i can do that without making the figures too small.

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

ochopika wrote:oh shoot, i have like.. no boobs so I forget to think about that. If I make it smaller, that should solve it.
Ill play around with the size and see if i can do that without making the figures too small.


So i have changed the size as to make it more... boob-friendly But I am a hitchhiker though so I am afraid to resub and lose mah votes

What should I do? Will people really vote again if I resub? The image is moved up and slightly smaller... but I supposed I'd still have to resub the whole thing.

Help this hitchhiker! Advise me!

*edit* hitchhiker is what the spelling changer thing changed to the word i used for "new"

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
wubupon wrote:astronomy is a science....


Just because astronomy = science does not mean looking through a telescope = science fair project. Could a project be made using astronomy? Yes. Is a project being depicted here? No.

wubupon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
Johndis5 wrote:Just because astronomy = science does not mean looking through a telescope = science fair project. Could a project be made using astronomy? Yes. Is a project being depicted here? No.


I see your point... However, the design seems to be two children from different planets testing out their science fair projects the night before, dreaming of the day when they encounter life on another planet. It may not be blatantly "science fair"-y but with a little thought, it fits into the category well.

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Johndis5 wrote:Just because astronomy = science does not mean looking through a telescope = science fair project. Could a project be made using astronomy? Yes. Is a project being depicted here? No.


"This week we want to see designs carrying on the tradition of middle school science with your depictions of the theories explored, science fair experiments themselves, or maybe just the chemical or physical processes involved"

This falls into the "theories explored" part of this topic. The theory is: There is the possibility of intelligent life outside of Earth.

It is also part of the research process of astronomy.

The rules do not state that a science fair project has to be depicted in itself.

Now, I still need some helpful advice! (see last post)

wubupon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
ochopika wrote:"This week we want to see designs carrying on the tradition of middle school science with your depictions of the theories explored, science fair experiments themselves, or maybe just the chemical or physical processes involved"

This falls into the "theories explored" part of this topic. The theory is: There is the possibility of intelligent life outside of Earth.

It is also part of the research process of astronomy.

The rules do not state that a science fair project has to be depicted in itself.

Now, I still need some helpful advice! (see last post)


...or that. have fun thinking about boobs och

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ochopika wrote:So i have changed the size as to make it more... boob-friendly But I am a hitchhiker though so I am afraid to resub and lose mah votes

What should I do? Will people really vote again if I resub? The image is moved up and slightly smaller... but I supposed I'd still have to resub the whole thing.

Help this hitchhiker! Advise me!

*edit* hitchhiker is what the spelling changer thing changed to the word i used for "new"


You don't have to resub for sizing for woman shirts. Woot will typically shrink the design and also places the design higher for the women shirts. Though if you feel the placement really needs correcting there's no problem with a resub.

If you resub you will have to start all over from scratch on your votes. It can be hard to gain votes back and sometimes having two designs up will split your votes. You can delete a design in the first 24 hours but still I'd only suggest a resub if you really feel this is important or will improve your votes. Always a hard choice.

Also if you resub make sure that either the image for the thumbnail is different or that the thumbnail/title has "resub" or "Version 2/Ver 2" on it. So that people know that this is a different version of the shirt and they need to vote again. =D

Good luck.

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

DianaSprinkle wrote:You don't have to resub for sizing for woman shirts. Woot will typically shrink the design and also places the design higher for the women shirts. Though if you feel the placement really needs correcting there's no problem with a resub.

If you resub you will have to start all over from scratch on your votes. It can be hard to gain votes back and sometimes having two designs up will split your votes. You can delete a design in the first 24 hours but still I'd only suggest a resub if you really feel this is important or will improve your votes. Always a hard choice.

Also if you resub make sure that either the image for the thumbnail is different or that the thumbnail/title has "resub" or "Version 2/Ver 2" on it. So that people know that this is a different version of the shirt and they need to vote again. =D

Good luck.


Thank you! I'm glad to know that they change the layout a little for the ladies, now I don't have to resub it.

I could only expect such awesome helpfulness from the person who made caterpillars hilarious to me

gwyn779


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
ochopika wrote:Thank you! I'm glad to know that they change the layout a little for the ladies, now I don't have to resub it.

I could only expect such awesome helpfulness from the person who made caterpillars hilarious to me


I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
gwyn779 wrote:I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!


Judging from the dimensions they display at the bottom of the write up for the shirts they print they tend to like the guy design size to be 12-13 inches wide and the girl to be about 9 inches wide. That way they don't have to resize a 3rd time for the kids sizes... Which they will do if the girl shirt design that happens to be too tall to fit on those shirts. I'm not sure how tall it has to be to get shrunk a second time but I think this design would only get shrunk once for the girl shirt.

This is not set in stone but it seems to be a common print size they like for their shirts. Hope this is some help.

ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

gwyn779 wrote:I don't think you need to resub at this point. I also don't have tons of experience with how much they actually resize and/or adjust placement, but there's only so much they can do so it's just good to think about!


Yea I will take it more into consideration next time, I could also use the t-shirt model-lady template that I found. Though she doesn't have the same proportions as a more voluptuous woman.

theseize


quality posts: 1 Private Messages theseize
ochopika wrote:Yea I will take it more into consideration next time, I could also use the t-shirt model-lady template that I found. Though she doesn't have the same proportions as a more voluptuous woman.


Boobs are such a problem. :/ I have this problem.

amreli


quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
theseize wrote:Boobs are such a problem. :/ I have this problem.


I have the same problem. Like anything, they're good in moderation...


ochopika


quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

amreli wrote:I have the same problem. Like anything, they're good in moderation...


lol! Then I'm being responsible and moderate with mine! yay! :D

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail