Derby #197: Royalty
+69

Queen of the Sea

Queen of the Sea
add a comment

Comments

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Queen of the Sea


Another girlie design from me this week. Late entry too. I just wanted to force myself to get this out even if it didn't have a chance of getting a lot of votes.

There are some great entries this week. Go vote!

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
grrlmarvel wrote:Another girlie design from me this week. Late entry too. I just wanted to force myself to get this out even if it didn't have a chance of getting a lot of votes.

There are some great entries this week. Go vote!


I likes it. I like all your designs, they are very...graphic and designy. I like graphic design. Gots mah vote.

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
ochopika wrote:I likes it. I like all your designs, they are very...graphic and designy. I like graphic design. Gots mah vote.


LOL. Well it's good that my day job is a graphic designer! ;) Thanks for the support.

popyea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages popyea
Re: Queen of the Sea


Cool design.
I think a royal blue shirt would bring the colours out more.

Do you really think you submitted too late? I was hoping i got in early this time.

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
popyea wrote:Cool design.
I think a royal blue shirt would bring the colours out more.

Do you really think you submitted too late? I was hoping i got in early this time.


Usually you want to try and shoot for Friday/Saturday if possible, but stranger things have happened.

This looked really good on the baby blue, but I use that color waaaay too much so I tried to mix it up. Not sure if I'm digging it or not.

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Queen of the Sea


although its a girly design I know a couple of girls that would love this. and the asphalt choice is a bold one but really goes great with your pallette choice! gmv!!!

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Queen of the Sea


I'm a girl and I like your girlie designs. +1 :D


curiousme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme

I really like the colors against the gray. Great design! I want one

polkadotpanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages polkadotpanda
Re: Queen of the Sea


The design looks great, except for one thing. The fact that her chest is a complete profile is throwing me off. It just looks unnatural with the way the arms are placed and her head turned at a 90 degree angle.

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
polkadotpanda wrote:The design looks great, except for one thing. The fact that her chest is a complete profile is throwing me off. It just looks unnatural with the way the arms are placed and her head turned at a 90 degree angle.


It didn't quite translate well. I think the whole pose could be tightened up overall, but I get what you're saying. I think I was working so close to it that it started looking right to me. If that makes sense. I think this will go in the rework pile.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Queen of the Sea


Both of my daughters love this design, my littlest loved noticing the jellyfish and other creatures you put in.
I love the style of it and if you really do rework it, would love to see another couple mermaids join this one,because she is wonderful,she makes me want more.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail